April 26, 2024, 09:02:08 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 02/09/2013 #3  (Read 14343 times)

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
Re: Changelog 02/09/2013 #3
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »
Think more, plan your way, be more careful, run if needed, guards in towns are good enough for low level characters, u got easy quests that let you lvl up to lvl 5 in like 30 minutes, u got tents where u can store your stuff, it's easy enough, this is not a theme park wow clone or some other shiet, this is fonline, it should be demanding, no carebears needed here, i think that stuff is too easy to get anyway so how can you whine about losing something at lvl 4? there should be no player protection in this game no matter what lvl player is, i started yesterday played few h got lvl 7 and alot of stuff already, all safe in my tent. If someone is not smart enough to survive alone he should consider finding some group.
Btw. i'm not a pk, never killed a newb.

I feel like I read this post before on every other Fonline forum... I'm not new to the Fonline games and I have no trouble getting stuff. Try giving such an advice to a newcomer, he will just "wtf?" you. Experience on your side doesn't mean a new player can handle this shit. If someone isn't smart enough to survive he just quits the game. There is a reason why "theme park wow clones" have a huge player base. Anyway, I'm with you on the "Fonline should be hard" thing. But you talk about thinking and all you do is talking about how good you handle the game, not considering the fact that no one talks about players like you here. Its about newbs. Whats your problem with that madder? You would have past the level at wich players are save in 2-3 hours anyway, so what are you talking about? I think you're just against it, because your argumentation isn't that well thought out...

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 12:36:09 pm »
Low level ain't necessary newbie always, could be just an alt - and if they got protection, nobody prevents them from taking their best armor and weapons and hunt in big and in safety before other players.

Yep they're in safety until they reache the level cap of protection, that would be very fast because of the better farm you talking about. And then they are just an alt. Does this in any form effect anything? They couldn't even farm newbies and thats whats it all about.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 01:25:12 pm »
Low level ain't necessary newbie always, could be just an alt - and if they got protection, nobody prevents them from taking their best armor and weapons and hunt in big and in safety before other players.

Yep they're in safety until they reache the level cap of protection, that would be very fast because of the better farm you talking about. And then they are just an alt. Does this in any form effect anything? They couldn't even farm newbies and thats whats it all about.
Yeah? What is the cap actually, level 10? Enough time to get IT 10 Lockpicker, Lockpicking 150%, (Not to mention giving him some Advanced Lockpicks from some other alt of his) and safely picklock lockers to haley loyah.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:27:38 pm by Knife_cz »

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 01:38:30 pm »
Yeah? What is the cap actually, level 10? Enough time to get IT 10 Lockpicker, Lockpicking 150%, (Not to mention giving him some Advanced Lockpicks from some other alt of his) and safely picklock lockers to haley loyah.

What does it matter? The safetyness isn't the problem here. Do you really think that it makes a difference if their alts are save or not? Are you the guy who trys to hunt them down if there is no safety as of right now? Try to catch them. 150 LP+ advanced lockpicks would make them so quick that they wouldn't even noticed. So who cares? What you're concerned about isn't the safetyness it seems, its more like they're getting to much stuff. No matter what there will be alts for lockpicking because of the ridiculous high amounts of loot. Safety or not.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 01:58:59 pm »

What does it matter? The safetyness isn't the problem here. Do you really think that it makes a difference if their alts are save or not? Are you the guy who trys to hunt them down if there is no safety as of right now? Try to catch them. 150 LP+ advanced lockpicks would make them so quick that they wouldn't even noticed. So who cares? What you're concerned about isn't the safetyness it seems, its more like they're getting to much stuff. No matter what there will be alts for lockpicking because of the ridiculous high amounts of loot. Safety or not.
Yeah who cares, let them unlock blueprints whole day, some BoS armor there and there - then perhaps 20 000 caps, it won't matter at all later - and its not like if those picklocker picks some lockpick he eventually NEEDS to go to his tent/base to drop off the stuff - the picklocker you could encounter if there as no protection!
That's a sarcasm if you can't tell.

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 02:07:54 pm »
Low level player protection on or off  is not a solution to this problem.

Kusang

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 02:38:27 pm »
I was doing a caravan mission when the caravan leader went into encounter.
The encounter was a player (who wasn't doing the caravan mission) and some random critters.

When that player finished the critters the caravan leader left w/o the players actually doing the mission... it's probably a bug but it was my first encounter with a player in the world and it wasn't pleasant because it made me lose the caravan mission :)

Haven't been in a player encounter myself (yet) because of my high outdoorsman probably. But I like the change because it's a open wasteland and people should be exposed to dangers and PvP is one of them. I can see it's unfair to "newbies" because of griefers that just kill low levels for fun.

PS: srry for bad english

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »
You probably had combat timer on. For now just don't shoot anything if caravan leader is about to move out, later I'll see how to deal with it.

Jet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 06:13:11 pm »
Think more, plan your way, be more careful, run if needed, guards in towns are good enough for low level characters, u got easy quests that let you lvl up to lvl 5 in like 30 minutes, u got tents where u can store your stuff, it's easy enough, this is not a theme park wow clone or some other shiet, this is fonline, it should be demanding, no carebears needed here, i think that stuff is too easy to get anyway so how can you whine about losing something at lvl 4? there should be no player protection in this game no matter what lvl player is, i started yesterday played few h got lvl 7 and alot of stuff already, all safe in my tent. If someone is not smart enough to survive alone he should consider finding some group.
Btw. i'm not a pk, never killed a newb.

I feel like I read this post before on every other Fonline forum... I'm not new to the Fonline games and I have no trouble getting stuff. Try giving such an advice to a newcomer, he will just "wtf?" you. Experience on your side doesn't mean a new player can handle this shit. If someone isn't smart enough to survive he just quits the game. There is a reason why "theme park wow clones" have a huge player base. Anyway, I'm with you on the "Fonline should be hard" thing. But you talk about thinking and all you do is talking about how good you handle the game, not considering the fact that no one talks about players like you here. Its about newbs. Whats your problem with that madder? You would have past the level at wich players are save in 2-3 hours anyway, so what are you talking about? I think you're just against it, because your argumentation isn't that well thought out...

I'm a newb aswell, i'm new to fonline. Yeah theme park wow clones have a huge player base but i'll rather play something unique with less people than other safe grind fest, i don't care if carebears ragequit the game after first dead tbh. I don't know exacly how protection works but from the start i dont like that word. So right now you can't be attacked till you reach lvl 10 or how does it look like?

kaincallavis

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 07:37:44 pm »
Lol first half hour after noobie protection was off I got pked :P
Lost some good stuff, but it got my blood pumping! It was fun, I'll get him next time ^_^ (hopefully)

I'm a newb aswell, i'm new to fonline. Yeah theme park wow clones have a huge player base but i'll rather play something unique with less people than other safe grind fest, i don't care if carebears ragequit the game after first dead tbh. I don't know exacly how protection works but from the start i dont like that word. So right now you can't be attacked till you reach lvl 10 or how does it look like?

Right *now* no one has any protection. You can be encountered by other players (good or bad) or you can accidentally fall into another player encounter anytime, anywhere.

Here is my thought on player protection.

I absolutely agree with Jet and the other players about protection.
The wasteland is not a "protected" place.

There are remote locations all over the map with urban areas and all kinds of other things. Find them, spread out. Put a tent nearby them.
Playing this game "safe" is boring.

The absolute best thing I think if players absolutely HAVE to have protection, make a very small "guarded area" around the guarded cities like NCR, SF, Hub, and Junk Town. Noobs and "carebears" can stay there and let the rest of the players enjoy the game and the harshness of the wasteland.

Personally I am very happy its gone... I have made 2 new friends since protection was gone, killed 1 guy and died 3 times. (twice with good locker loot)
I love it!!!
-Kain

RedneckRage

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 07:41:59 pm »
I'm a newbie as well and so far I totally enjoy the "no protection" feature.

KarmaKomesbacK

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 07:54:43 pm »
Why are you trying to change a good game for?  I love that they took the noobie protection off.  It should be that way, you are playing a pve/pvp game.  If you don't like it, don't play it!  There is plenty of games out there that hold your hand and give you suckers, go play those.  There is... farmville, candy crush, and every other game you guys go into and change with your whining, turning them from hard core to wimpy sugarland.  There is also the other fallout games which have absolutely no pvp.
I like this version, because I think it implements challenge and it gives it excitement.  Without PVP it will turn boring sooner or later.

impsy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 08:18:35 pm »
Newbie Protection should not be part of the game, it just takes away from the atmosphere, you should always be aware of your surroundings when playing and remember to have an escape plan :p

Jet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 09:46:04 pm »
Newbie Protection should not be part of the game, it just takes away from the atmosphere, you should always be aware of your surroundings when playing and remember to have an escape plan :p

Thats exacly what i mean :D

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:15 am »
Why are you trying to change a good game for?  I love that they took the noobie protection off.  It should be that way, you are playing a pve/pvp game.  If you don't like it, don't play it!  There is plenty of games out there that hold your hand and give you suckers, go play those.  There is... farmville, candy crush, and every other game you guys go into and change with your whining, turning them from hard core to wimpy sugarland.  There is also the other fallout games which have absolutely no pvp.
I like this version, because I think it implements challenge and it gives it excitement.  Without PVP it will turn boring sooner or later.

First of all the game isn't finished yet, thats why people talk about tweaking it. Second you are right we're playing a pve/pvp game. Third, NO ONE was talking about removing pvp. Its a discussion about low level player protection and if its worth it. So far the only argument against it is that its immersion breaking for some people.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:42:14 am by Rubber Bob »