March 28, 2024, 06:27:49 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 02/09/2013 #3  (Read 14288 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Changelog 02/09/2013 #3
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:26:25 pm »
Changelog 02/09/2013 #3
- Adjusted reinforcements for testing,
- Removed protection of low level characters on worldmap for testing, give some feedback about it,
- Fixed repair bug that could sometimes make items disappear,
- New faction names added
- Added "myself" option to namecolorizing to colour your characters, you can use for example:

Code: [Select]
> myself NameGreen ContourGreen
Adding this line to Namecolorizing.txt should color your char on green.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Changelog 02/09/2013 #3
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 09:35:12 pm »
Where it says "myself", I put my ingame name right?

dr. Kadzija

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 09:37:28 pm »
Nice work devs. So far so great :)

Jel neko za tenis?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 09:39:44 pm »
Where it says "myself", I put my ingame name right?
No, you put "myself" and it works for all your chars.

Crazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:47:13 pm »
The "myself" color enter in conflict with faction color: when entering a map or entering someone else's FOV the color might change from one to the other.
TTTLA, for Great Justice

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »
Yeah I've spotted a bug; it works only if you see other critters. I'll fix it soon.

Pazman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:52:18 pm »
- Removed protection of low level characters on worldmap for testing, give some feedback about it,

Took 5 mins for me to die to a player.

kuba

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 05:13:46 am »

YES YES YES !

kuba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 07:56:49 am »
I didnt encounter a single player

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 08:00:28 am »
- Removed protection of low level characters on worldmap for testing, give some feedback about it

There we have it again. I know it was removed for testing. My feedback is simple: You shouldn't force me into PvP fights when I clearly can't survive. You release a shitstorm ontop of the newbie players because some dickhead needs his freedom of PK'ing low level player. At the same time limiting the freedom of PvE players. Let them get their stuff. With level [...] you can open it up and there will be plenty of oppertunitys to kill such players. This way you get better items from them and no level 4 loses all his work in one turn ;) <--- that smiley is fake, I'm angry...

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 08:07:19 am »
I was against this changes, i think it will be reverted.

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 08:10:25 am »
I didnt encounter a single player

Yeah that depends on where you are and when. Imagine a server with 400+ people then you'll be raped in under a minute.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:52:18 am »
We're testing this setting in order to find the best possible solution.
There is no way to make it satisfying for everyone, but hopefully we'll find something in the middle.

Jet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 11:48:52 am »
- Removed protection of low level characters on worldmap for testing, give some feedback about it

There we have it again. I know it was removed for testing. My feedback is simple: You shouldn't force me into PvP fights when I clearly can't survive. You release a shitstorm ontop of the newbie players because some dickhead needs his freedom of PK'ing low level player. At the same time limiting the freedom of PvE players. Let them get their stuff. With level [...] you can open it up and there will be plenty of oppertunitys to kill such players. This way you get better items from them and no level 4 loses all his work in one turn ;) <--- that smiley is fake, I'm angry...

Think more, plan your way, be more careful, run if needed, guards in towns are good enough for low level characters, u got easy quests that let you lvl up to lvl 5 in like 30 minutes, u got tents where u can store your stuff, it's easy enough, this is not a theme park wow clone or some other shiet, this is fonline, it should be demanding, no carebears needed here, i think that stuff is too easy to get anyway so how can you whine about losing something at lvl 4? there should be no player protection in this game no matter what lvl player is, i started yesterday played few h got lvl 7 and alot of stuff already, all safe in my tent. If someone is not smart enough to survive alone he should consider finding some group.
Btw. i'm not a pk, never killed a newb.

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 12:05:42 pm »

Think more, plan your way, be more careful, run if needed, guards in towns are good enough for low level characters, u got easy quests that let you lvl up to lvl 5 in like 30 minutes, u got tents where u can store your stuff, it's easy enough, this is not a theme park wow clone or some other shiet, this is fonline, it should be demanding, no carebears needed here, i think that stuff is too easy to get anyway so how can you whine about losing something at lvl 4? there should be no player protection in this game no matter what lvl player is, i started yesterday played few h got lvl 7 and alot of stuff already, all safe in my tent. If someone is not smart enough to survive alone he should consider finding some group.
Btw. i'm not a pk, never killed a newb.
Low level ain't necessary newbie always, could be just an alt - and if they got protection, nobody prevents them from taking their best armor and weapons and hunt in big and in safety before other players.