March 28, 2024, 05:32:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Respawn Points safe or not safe?  (Read 2052 times)

Blacke

• View Profile
Respawn Points safe or not safe?
« on: July 24, 2021, 08:43:39 am »
Alright. To my understanding, respawn points are meant to be safe areas after you get killed so u cud recover ur character before continuing your journey. Is that true?
Because for the life of me currently, I'm bloody stuck with a regulator and his dog all ready in a matter of seconds to kill me almost instantly i've been respawned. Ok, so fine! I intimidated a regulator for his map of the Gold Reserve. That was told accordingly in the guides.
So right now, I'm bloody stuck at the boneyard area losing my experience points for nothing everytime i get killed and respawned by that damned duo! I've hardly time to re-equip myself nor heal with any meds to face death again and i'm at above levels where i gotta stay alive to keep my experience points or else i keep losing my points by the thousands!
Come on! This is ridiculous! Is that considered a bug or a damned error of my own?
I'm stopping my game until i get my rightful answers. It's completely useless to continue this way. I've been dying the same spot for numerous times and losing points. There's no way of running off too.
Either i get blasted by the regulator at one go or his dog gets to me square while my hit points are in the red.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:48:36 am by Blacke »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Respawn Points safe or not safe?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 09:43:46 pm »
Looks like a bug, contact me on discord if you're still stuck in there.

palestranger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 08:12:18 am »
Not a bug, this is karma.
Honestly, i have no trouble running out when this happens. Are you overloaded on carryweight by any chance ? If not that, perhaps set the game to real-time. And see if you manage it that way.

Let me know how it works out.

-Stranger

Blacke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 10:00:17 am »
Not a bug, this is karma.
Honestly, i have no trouble running out when this happens. Are you overloaded on carryweight by any chance ? If not that, perhaps set the game to real-time. And see if you manage it that way.

Let me know how it works out.

-Stranger

Like i said, a matter of seconds before they get hostile on me.
This IS about the Karma issue. I have received Kilgore's reply that it may be a bug. The guide does warn about the attack of Regulators (after attempting to go for the LA Gold Reserve map) at Respawn point where the guards are at. But it makes no chance of escape when dogs and regulators appear almost right away when you need time to re-equip and heal some first. There's hardly that time to.
Afraid you need to understand that i'm no rookie in Fallout to know the strategies of weight capacities for easy quick movements. I can run but it is of no avail when all 3 points of exit are guarded heavy by them too.
I'm not any less than lev 25 and that's the other piece that's concerned about.

Blacke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 04:18:30 pm »
Looks like a bug, contact me on discord if you're still stuck in there.

Finally, thanks to your link of Discord, Kilgore. Muff got me out with his help on the guards from there. Free again at last!