March 28, 2024, 04:16:58 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Inability to complete "Cathedral: Explore the Cathedral Cellar"  (Read 866 times)

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Inability to complete "Cathedral: Explore the Cathedral Cellar"
« on: October 07, 2022, 06:59:23 am »
Task is to get rid of rats in the 3-floor-basement dungeon (done) plus get rid of plants (apparently), however - they are nowhere to be found on the last floor. Rats are all dead but the quest can't be finished. Either I missed something or there are supposed to be plants spawned.
The Almighty Gaylords

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: Inability to complete "Cathedral: Explore the Cathedral Cellar"
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 01:43:22 am »
Task is to get rid of rats in the 3-floor-basement dungeon (done) plus get rid of plants (apparently), however - they are nowhere to be found on the last floor. Rats are all dead but the quest can't be finished. Either I missed something or there are supposed to be plants spawned.

I think it's bugged, I has encountered same issue when merging s2 content to foclassic a while back. I'll check if I got it fixed or not and suggest the fix if available. I think the critter info got changed on those plants or some shit caused it.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Inability to complete "Cathedral: Explore the Cathedral Cellar"
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 02:40:48 pm »
Confirmed. No plants there, so no way to satisfy the quest's completion requirements. And yes, the plants were once 3D "man traps". They swayed and animated a bit and were very impressive to see. We once had 3D frogs in the game too, and maybe a few other 3D critters, but these were all removed at some point due to them apparently causing some problems. However, i believe the man traps in this basement were overlooked so remained in this quest for a while longer. Then, (prior to last season?) i forget now when exactly, even these man traps were removed and replaced with standard spore plants. This quest was working after that, so i'm not sure what happened or when it happened, but clearly they are missing now.

Also, i'm impressed to see any PvP/PK apes doing PvE quests. Seeing that is worth more to me than missing spore plants, so yay!