March 28, 2024, 01:50:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: hello everyone is this game still live or is it completely dead?  (Read 5687 times)

DEATHANGEL

• View Profile
Is there still no drop?  does any of the older players play, and any fun changes?  good for pve? Good to be back
The wastelander had seemingly ceased foreshadowing tradgedy and become instead an angel of death.

Stration

• View Profile
Re: hello everyone is this game still live or is it completely dead?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 06:46:21 am »
Is there still no drop?
Correct.

I'll let https://fodev.net/status/ answer your other questions.

Blacke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 10:42:08 pm »
 :o Me wonder too. I've been to all around the world map and am stuck with certain no brainers. Don't know if it's a bug or the game hasn't been fully fixed yet. The Wiki guides aren't complete. There are areas that still don't activate.

For example, the ship at way end north San Francisco? I was to reach the captain at the level above through the stairs in the ship. The location to click is at a right corner and the bottom sect partially covers it and i can't navigate to the right further. My hand reaches the stairs but a wall beside it also covers part of it. Clicking the stairs gave no response however. I could not just run up the stairs either to activate or go to that scene to reach the captain.
Then, i find a hidden stairs to underground at a different room in the ship but same thing happens. I can't activate the stairs or go right through that's on the floor.

Apart of that, the BOS (Brotherhood Of Steel) hq...  the mission to Navarro and investigate the red object? The guide said clicking to find out what the nuka cola machine was enough and then report back to the exact BOS officer that i took the mission from. I forgot which it was but i tried at each stated ones at each of the BOS offices.  None triggered a mission success and they all said i have nothing for you. I mean i risked my ass to Navarro many times facing the dreaded Enclave Patrol reaching near it with random encounters and died before i could do anything. Lost my experience points by deduction for nothing several times!
My PIP-boy quests status are screwed. Each quest detail is jumbled with another. I read the guide to know that indeed that can happen but there had been no fixes for it yet. So the headache grows.
Certain other NPCs don't even trigger the right responses when approached despite what the guides say.  There're still loads broken that makes no point to continue. Despite that, I still try but i don't know the purpose.
My gaming experience on Fallout came from the beginning. It was up to Tactics that i could not continue further. Yrs passed, i see all the new versions in 3D and then i stumbled into this. I was so glad to see they made the same format online as do some other old games too under open source online. However, it's coming to my reach of end just spending about 2 months??! I haven't been able to get my hands on a combat armor YET!
Now that i see there are few oth servers than Reloaded, I'll jump into Fonline 3 and see how that goes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 10:52:10 pm by Blacke »

YourNightmare

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 09:31:56 pm »
Is there still no drop?  does any of the older players play, and any fun changes?  good for pve? Good to be back

Loot drop is enabled in 2 locations. Glow and Dayglow.

:o Me wonder too. I've been to all around the world map and am stuck with certain no brainers. Don't know if it's a bug or the game hasn't been fully fixed yet. The Wiki guides aren't complete. There are areas that still don't activate.

Most of the content is not completed and still work in progress for ages.

For example, the ship at way end north San Francisco?

Never heard of ship was used for something else than visiting vendors.

Apart of that, the BOS (Brotherhood Of Steel) hq...

Work in progress?

However, it's coming to my reach of end just spending about 2 months??! I haven't been able to get my hands on a combat armor YET!

You do something wrong.

Now that i see there are few oth servers than Reloaded, I'll jump into Fonline 3 and see how that goes.

Most of them are pvp servers. Reloaded is far easier and more pve oriented. Less grinding here.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:46:14 pm by YourNightmare »

Blacke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 09:23:01 am »

"Most of the content is not completed and still work in progress for ages."

Ok.

For example, the ship at way end north San Francisco?

"Never heard of ship was used for something else than visiting vendors."

On the ship at North San Francisco: There is something of a mission there to complete when u speak to few of the NPCs there. You have to reach the captain at upper deck. The only access up is the stair case at east inside the ship but that's the problem. I can't get to climb it up!

Apart of that, the BOS (Brotherhood Of Steel) hq...

"Work in progress?"

You think so or know so?

However, it's coming to my reach of end just spending about 2 months??! I haven't been able to get my hands on a combat armor YET!

"You do something wrong."

Yeah and that wrong is keep trying.

Most of them are pvp servers. Reloaded is far easier and more pve oriented. Less grinding here.
[/quote]

Yup. Fonline 3 wasn't for me anyway after i read through.

sellmaru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 01:55:28 pm »
Still playing once in a while.  Just trying to explore the map, try to kill some mutants.  I still see some people playing.  I treat this game as pure nostalgia.  Glad to see my character is still alive.