March 29, 2024, 06:42:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caps. How to put them in your pocket.  (Read 9717 times)

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
Re: Caps. How to put them in your pocket.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 06:08:54 pm »
(G)etting ore and junk is easy and quick if you live near hub or ncr.
You don't need to live close to NCR/Hub. My junker lives up near Redding, in an hour I can pull in 100 junk and have it packaged and ready for shipment. It's actually pretty easy, just straddle the mid-way between New Reno and Navarro until you get to Hell, hop on the train to LA, and run from the rougher critters.
But the slaves help...

Most players look for the ruins tile on the worldmap close to the safe cities, of course what you say is true.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Zamolxes

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 08:02:59 am »
Most methods posted are very poor earners, any new player should invest in a dedicated crafter. Don't let that discourage you, is actually extremely easy to become a good earner in no more than 2 hours of gameplay. I started this as total noob and by 3rd day I had my own base.

Use the cash you gathered from selling spears and some minerals to learn gun smith 1 at repair 50. That will allow you to craft combat shotguns, which sell from 1-1.3k depending on reputation. Mine your own resources, craft combat shotguns then sell like crazy, not to mention you can use them as weapons yourself: save the superior and higher ones.

You can do a easy quest in Junktown, to fix a robot, the part costs 800 caps, but you get rewarded with Super Sledge blueprints, when crafted, the thing sells from 1500-2000 caps, depending on rep. One hammer sold and you payed back for the 800 caps investment.

With high repair skill (eventually you want it to 120 on your crafter for Mr. Fixit) don't forget to repair all the items you pick up, improving their condition before you sell them.

With high science, (preferably 120 with Dismantler, on your crafter) you can dismantle most items you get from random encounters: leather armor - gives gecko pelts, mauser, 10mm pistols, shotguns, etc, including leather armors, which give golden gecko pelts. Regular gecko pelts sell very good on their own, so do golden ones, but you might want to save some golden pelts to make some custom mark2 leather armors.

Once you have a solid stream of cash coming in, you can purchase H&K CAWS bp, craft that instead of combat shotguns, but is more difficult since it requires an AWB, also combat armor.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 02:14:30 pm »
First blueprint you should buy would be tesla armor&helmets, then start farming enclave, even on 18 lvl with some m60 or xl rifle, in one day you'll get ten times more caps by bartering avengers/mfc/plasma rifles and sciencing gatlings than nothing else.

KestreL

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 04:21:55 am »
Masscraft Combat-shotguns + throwing knives, sell half the combat shotguns for drugs, sell drugs+Combatshotguns+throwing knives at almost all shops ingame. -> 250k/hour (If you have the supplies).