March 28, 2024, 01:14:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Suggestion: Factory  (Read 1887 times)

gh0un

• View Profile
Suggestion: Factory
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »
I was thinking about how to make use of excess blueprints, and then i came up with this: factories.
Factories would work the following way.

1. You buy the factory location similar to how you would buy a private mine. It should be rather costly (100K+ CAPS)
2. You insert a blueprint into the factories computer
3. The factory automatically starts producing the item from the blueprint
4. The more caps you pay to the "employees" in the factory (per day), the more productive they are
5. After a certain amount of time (1-2 weeks or something like that), the factory runs out of resources (for your imagination, just imagine that the factory is located on a mine and the employees are taking the resources from the mine to create the items), thus the factory closes and the location vanishes from your worldmap

What does this do in ingame terms?
You pay a certain amount of caps for the factory location, and then you can decide to pay more caps per day to increase the productivity of the factory. You use up a blueprint.
This basically adds a huge caps sink into the game, and also gives excess blueprints a purpose.
It also reduces the amount of time factions (or everyone in general) needs to grind in order to craft their gear, because once they accumulate enough wealth they can decide to automate the process of gear crafting for a few days.

There would basically be something like a locker in the factory that would spawn the item from the blueprint (that was inserted into the computer).
The employees in the factory are just to add some flavor (they dont actually need to run around and craft the stuff manually).
If you pay a lot of caps per day, you can increase the productivity a lot.

What do you guys think about the concept of factories?
I think this could help a lot with establishing a really good economy for the game.
People that dont have a lot of caps could sell their blueprints to big factions (so that they can run their factories), who in return would pay caps for the blueprints.
Now these people can pay the factory owners caps in order to buy gear from them etc etc
With this we implement a nice caps flow into the game and at the same time a viable caps sink.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:05:42 pm by gh0un »

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Factory
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:42:40 pm »
First make some Factory maps. But it's still a very interesting idea. Factories shouldn't be cheap. But should be even capturable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:41:17 pm by Vanadiss »

Wallace

• Not a bug. It's a feature...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »
Big faction won't craft shitty items from blueprints i think (as for example Glock 86 is so useful...).
And really good ones will be consumed or auctioned.

Only some could be manufactured with a profit. Like dynamite or drugs like stimpaks.
Desert Drifters

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 07:59:14 pm »
Of course we are mainly talking about CA, Avenger, launcher, plasma rifle and sniper in the current metagame.
Regardless, whether a weapon is viable to be crafted or not is not relevant to the factory suggestion.
There will always be useful gear to craft, if there isnt then something is wrong with the balance.

My faction is pretty small (only 4 members right now), but we already have over 2 million caps, 5 different cars, and an abundance of blueprints (we have our third set of CA blueprints).
Our faction only started playing a week or two ago. There is a lack of cap sink (and blueprint sink) right now and the factory suggestion would be perfect to help out with that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:01:11 pm by gh0un »

gh0un

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:12:15 am »
bump