March 29, 2024, 03:43:19 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Does anyone still play this?  (Read 7684 times)

Melt

• Supporter
  • Capybara Exterminator
    • View Profile
Does anyone still play this?
« on: July 14, 2019, 04:11:21 am »
If not, why and where do you currently play.

Looking to get back into FOnline.
As a Poor Mongol, he learned to fight.
As a Reilly's Ranger, he feasted on capybara.
As a Black Sun Gangster, he witnessed betrayal.
As a father, he learned time management.

Programmer

Re: Does anyone still play this?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 11:13:22 am »
Not many players but still folks play. I think you can find more players in official Discord rather than forums.

twofacedcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 05:48:22 am »
yeh i see about 10 people on average a day. still quite a fun game even if the glory days of factions and such is over

Roman_Lumpkin

• View Profile
    • Khan central
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 07:59:51 am »
God. I sure do miss those glory days, this game was a ton of fun, TC, PVP battles fighting in Reno.

Sucks that it had to go down the way it did. I keep coming back and checking if the game is back to how it was, Loot drop, all the TC stuff but it remains this way...Sad...Playing fonline2 was fun for a bit but still... Nothing like reloaded was in its prime guess it just one of those things that happen and if you missed it you missed it hahaha. Imma keep coming back till its either good again or just gone completely.. Have a good one people who still play ill be back in another year or 2 for another check lol XD

Oh and I think I have the only set of PA in the game hahahaha Its minE!!! XD

KHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 08:09:56 am by Roman_Lumpkin »

jbarros35

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 11:03:02 am »
I don't know but I'm a new guy here and wanting to play.
If for some reason you guys don't want to keep the server online contact me and for sure I can get your server and move it to another one if you need.
I just love Fallout and play it online is an old old dream.
thanks

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 09:56:43 am »
I don't know but I'm a new guy here and wanting to play.
If for some reason you guys don't want to keep the server online contact me and for sure I can get your server and move it to another one if you need.
I just love Fallout and play it online is an old old dream.
thanks

2010-2014 was golden age of FOnline ;) Sorry, you have missed it.
Bang Bang Smash

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 06:30:31 pm »
Loot drop was the golden time - some deny it, but just check numbers then and now (or after making loot nodrop). I would really like to get back here, but just wont. Tradeskill is overcomplicated atm too...
Freelancer

Stration

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 02:06:42 am »
Loot drop was the golden time - some deny it, but just check numbers then and now (or after making loot nodrop). I would really like to get back here, but just wont. Tradeskill is overcomplicated atm too...
Word.

I stopped playing when loot drop was disabled. I didn't even create a character or post feeback about the change, I just assumed the "test" session (that's what it was supposed to be) would last only a couple weeks and then I'd just come back and pretend it never happened. Instead, we're three years in and there's no end in sight.

I just created a character, my first one in season 3, and played for a little while because I got tired of waiting. And yeah, it's just like I thought: no loot drop means any sort of progression you make feels meaningless. The sense of pride and accomplishment (lol) is just gone. It's no longer Fallout Online, it's actually, unironically, Hello Kitty Online. Running around with all of your bottle caps permanently in your inventory with no fear of losing them feels so wrong I can't even begin to describe it.

It's a great shame because the server's still the unquestioned #1 in every other way. I love all the new stuff. It's just that the single most important core aspect of the game got changed in a way that makes everything else irrelevant. Why not flip the switch and bring the old FOnline Reloaded back? I just don't get it. Where did that idea even come from? It's so absurd.

I'm not saying that having *some* safe spots is bad; I supported the addition of bartering grounds and disabling PvP in the Hub while also having every new character spawn right next to it to make the first few steps easier for new players, but holy shit. Turning the *entire* game (except two locations) into a safe zone is *not* the way to go.

I want to keep playing but I just can't. There's no longer any endgame. Why would I ever want to waste my ammo to kill someone if they don't ever drop anything? To feel the satisfaction of making them wait 60 seconds to respawn while maybe also damaging their armor a little bit? Give me a break, this is stupid. Or is PvE supposed to be the endgame now? Argh.

Three years is enough testing, it's time for the test session to end, just do a wipe already, and if you don't want to wipe, please, just flip the switch and re-enable full loot drop. I get it, people who played without it will be at an advantage. Whatever. I don't care. Two weeks and we're on equal footing, three weeks and I'm wiping the floor with you. Let's go.

Anyway, I may not be playing, but I'll continue checking the announcements section every once in a while as I have for the last three years (time flies), maybe there's still hope!

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 05:35:42 pm »
You put it better than I could with my language skill. Thank you.

I did forced myself to try that 3rd season. TS ain't THAT bad I was writing, but junk usage is imho way off chart. In earlier seasons I did cursed a lot easy access to weapons and armor, but now I guess its kinda hard, so it fits "fallout" theme. But I am 101% sure that nodrop takes so much from this game that there is - like you have wrote - no satisfaction from getting cooler/better gear. I was slayed in caravan 5 or 6 times by human NPCs - well, okay, I will go pee and get on the road again. It used to be a freaking pain to be looted by NPC... now its just... meh. I posted on forums just when 3rd session begun - there is no thrill whatsoever in this fallout world.

I will be playing occasionally. 
Freelancer

Stration

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 08:39:19 am »

Two players on a Saturday. It's very sad to see.

Even though there was no way the "no loot drop" experiment could've ended any differently, perhaps it was worth giving it a try just to make sure the idea really was as bad as it seemed.

Now that the subject is dead, further testing is pointless. Let's re-enable loot drop and bring the server back to life!

Hertz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 07:40:40 pm »
i first started playing way back in the day. i cant remember when but i was I was a member of MDK (Murder Death KIll) when they were a thing, probably even before that. when i first started playing loot was easy to obtain and the game was alot of fun. you could pvp and pve and not worry about spending rediculous amounts of time trying to get your gear back. at some point the idea of "realism" and the motto "wasteland is harsh" totally screwed this game up. i check back every now again to see if the game has been fixed but seeing such a low population indicates its gotten worse or just left the way it was like a fart in the wind. seriously though... be a man and do the right thing. nobody cares about all this extra crap.