April 25, 2024, 08:27:16 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Re: Let players help fixing stuff?  (Read 772 times)

Programmer

Re: Let players help fixing stuff?
« on: February 07, 2019, 10:08:21 pm »
I think it would (or would not) bring more life to the game because most of features should be fixed just NOW() as you said. However keeping an eye on public repository related to the engine source code shows that nobody is interested in helping or can help. One or two contributors, that's it.

Programmer

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:14:20 am »
Fixing dialogue typos won't break whole game but yeah for that task the source code isn't necessary to be open sourced. And yes, contributors don't have to create standalone modules because it can break whole game - that's true and we should avoid it. In this situation, I agree with cthulchu because minor bugs (such as dialogu typos, small map fixes) can be outsourced to someone else. For example, the location where you can fight against Telltales hasn't been repaired so far. In this location you can often block the screen scrolling which is awkward because you have to zoom in and zoom out to unblock screen. As far as I remember there's a non-repeatable quest where whole 2 locations seems to be incompleted - NPCs don't have any dialogues and there're many map glitches. I had done this quest a long time ago so I don't know if it was updated or not. It's someone else private quest suggestion which was introduced in last year.

I keep encountering idiotic errors that I know how to fix, but can't commit my fixes. I'm sure you'd commit things, Slowhand.
If you can fix but can't commit then you could send these fixes directly to bosses. In the other hand what you can fix when you don't have access to new content...

sarahunter200342

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 02:45:55 pm »
Hey Greetings,  Join the illuminati, the
greatest brotherhood
now and embrace the light.
Wealth, Protection, Power, Fame and
Wealth become your own title
in just Few Days. If interested
to join the illuminati Fraternity.
Contact us For your online
initiation. No matter where you
are. No distance can affect the
work of our baphomet. Believe
in the Light and you shall be a
public figure
Brian Fabrice
WhatsApp: +15754590824
We are watching out for you.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 01:55:28 am »
Maybe it's time to reconsider selling this project to us, website, forums, discord and all. To be fair the old gal sure has taken a few bumps these last years, she isnt exactly running and theres  rust in the pve. Seems to be missing its whole pvp community that would need to be replaced... Most of the S3 stuff needs to be downright stripped away but still, for real, want to sell the project to a caring loving home hit me up.

o/

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

dru2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 08:05:13 am »
Maybe it's time to reconsider selling this project to us, website, forums, discord and all. To be fair the old gal sure has taken a few bumps these last years, she isnt exactly running and theres  rust in the pve. Seems to be missing its whole pvp community that would need to be replaced... Most of the S3 stuff needs to be downright stripped away but still, for real, want to sell the project to a caring loving home hit me up.

o/

This shouldve happened long time ago. Its so bad to see the game rot away