Hi folks. The title may be a little bit confusing, but I'm about to explain.
The game (especially s3) has a lot of content that is a lot of fun to play/replay. And while sometimes I'm totally into
randomly exploring various quests, sometimes I just want to fight.
In this topic, I want to list dungeons with loot that are fun to clean up, ordering them by complexity for a completely melee build in RT
(I love punching stuff). Please help me to add to the list since I'm totally not the one to know a lot of these things.
I will miss a lot of simpler ones. A lot of harder ones too, for sure. I expect people to add and I'll edit this post. Maybe once we have more of these, we can make an entry on wiki. I'm doing these at ~lvl60.
- [Private]When you die around SF, you end up at its respawn point. It's easy if you're careful. Fun, too. Yields some loot that would be useful for beginners. Some books there too.
- [Private]The Cathedral Rat Problem
- [Public]Gecko Sanctuary Boring and non-scripted/non-statted loot, but it's fun to do. Once or twice. A perfect place to farm fire gecko pelts since they don't have flame breath here and respawn quite quickly.
- [Public]The next one by complexity would probably be the Abandoned Homestead We're talking melee, don't forget. You should start killing them from the girl with the flamethrower. Just keep her on the ground
- [Private]The next one would be The Stranded Ship It's a bit more complex since it's not a lot of pleasure to go melee against BG. It's hard to keep robots down and you gotta be good at hotkey-using the fa/ss. But stranded ship is annoying since it requires two characters to proceed, so you have to run two windows, which is awkward, so I normally skip it. It has some good loot like a chance for unique CA and about 10k of caps among other less interesting things though. Used to have two oil cans
- [Public]Next by melee complexity would be Vault 15. It's significantly more complex than the stranded ship, but has no T3. A lot of Unique T2 and some meds though. More XP, too. Requires some practice, but once you have it, it's quite exciting. Honestly, I would put some T3 there, but hey, it's still a lot of fun.
- [Private]The Ridgecrest Hotel. It's very unpleasant. Doable by constantly using and managing chokepoints. Easy to die. Poor loot and overall reward. Not worth repeating
- [Private]Even more complex for a solo melee would be the easiest of raider bases that you get sent to from NCR. It's unexpectedly hard for melee. I barely managed to finish it only relying on AI bugs. The loot and reward are nonsensical. This line of quests are not balanced yet.
- [Private]The Mutie quest. If you can do it solo RT (or even TB) as a melee character, please make a vid. It may be possible with implants and very special builds in T4. But unfortunately, we don't have implants or T4, so this remains undoable.
Folks, please add to the list. Just tell me where do you think your entry fits. I'm eager to try other dungeons.