March 29, 2024, 06:29:02 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Set of suggestions  (Read 6990 times)

mojuk

• View Profile
Re: Set of suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 03:57:53 pm »
Even without cheating it's still exploitable/OP AF.
Think of organized group of 5 people, not to mention 10 people (more of less standard for active gang in good years of fonline). It's N times easier to them to gather required materials, they can easily organize 24/7 logging every 1h to collect farm reward. They can have N^2 more farms then any sane player (^2 beause there are always some insane nolifes in big groups).

You can't compare farms to farming/questing/trading because after initial effort you no longer have to do almost anything in order to get profit.

For me farm is a feature designed for single player and put into multiplayer game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:59:56 pm by mojuk »
:facepalm

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 08:50:32 pm »
You buy your first farm:

1 click / hour generates 50 000 farm money (considering you have planted all crops)

Gg there goes your server's economy.

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

You buy the farm, and that's the easy part. Next is all the work to get it upgraded. Most people won't grind on a farm, so when some do, it's fine - they get payout in proportion to their work. In all my time spent at Tobacco Farm, i rarely saw any bots, and the ones i did see were highly inefficient. But so what? Even if they do well, let them - those players chose how to spend their time, and it takes a while, so they get payout.

I don't think you will understand. Debating topics like this will go on until finally some day communism is defeated and wiped off the face of the worldmap. Then when people start thinking right, "work for reward" and "reward in proportion to work" will make sense to all, and not just to some of us.

So fine, go ahead and discard yet another awesome feature based on some lunacy like an "economic imbalance" lol good golly it's so stupid - it's like we're in the movie Idiocracy. I would say only discard it if you replace it with tons more explorable content, but i know you wont relate the two, so never mind.

Farms have been working just fine, as intended, with a few bugs. People who use them, appreciate the feature. The rest are jealous (or don't care). Sorry if you think auto-clickers ruin anything, but they just don't. Nor are they related in any way to Farms, yet somehow some of you have the two tied together in your heads.

You know, in USA for years people are trying to ban guns. Their stupid argument is guns kill people. They are wrong. The problem lies elsewhere, in the minds and hearts of the people who want to kill people. When you weed a garden, you don't tear off the tops and call it done. You gotta go for the root [cause]. Change the minds and hearts of the people, and you solve the problem. Get rid of guns, and you solve nothing.

Same here. Farms are fine - an excellent enhancement to this game. They are optional, and only as abuseable as all the other features here. So lay off man. Go pick on a crappy feature - this one is good.

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 10:17:01 pm »
For me farm is a feature designed for single player and put into multiplayer game.

Very nicely noticed. I only want to add that a lot of work was invested in the farm, but it's obviously not completed functionally and balance-wise.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 09:32:31 am »
You buy your first farm:

1 click / hour generates 50 000 farm money (considering you have planted all crops)

Gg there goes your server's economy.

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

You buy the farm, and that's the easy part. Next is all the work to get it upgraded. Most people won't grind on a farm, so when some do, it's fine - they get payout in proportion to their work. In all my time spent at Tobacco Farm, i rarely saw any bots, and the ones i did see were highly inefficient. But so what? Even if they do well, let them - those players chose how to spend their time, and it takes a while, so they get payout.

I don't think you will understand. Debating topics like this will go on until finally some day communism is defeated and wiped off the face of the worldmap. Then when people start thinking right, "work for reward" and "reward in proportion to work" will make sense to all, and not just to some of us.

So fine, go ahead and discard yet another awesome feature based on some lunacy like an "economic imbalance" lol good golly it's so stupid - it's like we're in the movie Idiocracy. I would say only discard it if you replace it with tons more explorable content, but i know you wont relate the two, so never mind.

Farms have been working just fine, as intended, with a few bugs. People who use them, appreciate the feature. The rest are jealous (or don't care). Sorry if you think auto-clickers ruin anything, but they just don't. Nor are they related in any way to Farms, yet somehow some of you have the two tied together in your heads.

You know, in USA for years people are trying to ban guns. Their stupid argument is guns kill people. They are wrong. The problem lies elsewhere, in the minds and hearts of the people who want to kill people. When you weed a garden, you don't tear off the tops and call it done. You gotta go for the root [cause]. Change the minds and hearts of the people, and you solve the problem. Get rid of guns, and you solve nothing.

Same here. Farms are fine - an excellent enhancement to this game. They are optional, and only as abuseable as all the other features here. So lay off man. Go pick on a crappy feature - this one is good.

Stop acting like a kid whose toy has been taken away. Really, there's no need for that.

This feature, no matter how you enjoy it, completely destroyed the economy. Caps are worthless and people do not even bother to re-calculate shit to caps they either overprice something or do the opposite.

I have a farm myself, fully cropped, but I rarely use it, nevertheless, there are folks who run it daily since 2017 and some who exploit the shit out of that.

Your example with gunlaw is not worth a response. It's a bullshit.

Here's more valid example:

If farms were visible and therefore able to be raided (of course the other side would be able to place there protection, whatever), then cool, but if it's invisible to other players and therefore the game allows you silently bot the shit out of that place, then no, it's a crap.

As I said, I agree the "location" itself is good. Look at my previous ideas how to change the reward there without removing the farm completely..., I'm not a fan of removing quality content but this is not quality content my brother.

PS: LOCKING IT UNTIL FURTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE ADDED TO THE LIST.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:34:47 am by POWERPUFF »
The Almighty Gaylords

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 11:50:58 am »
unlocked and updated for Event Ideas.
The Almighty Gaylords

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 04:43:18 am »

it was almost year ago since i said same thing..

and i apparently i was right...