March 28, 2024, 10:23:13 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Set of suggestions  (Read 6988 times)

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Set of suggestions
« on: December 19, 2018, 12:18:50 pm »
- make caves great again by adding g11e (no stats, worse condition), alien blaster (no stats, cond50-90), bk robe (no stats, tougher enemies there (mutants with miniguns, etc.).

- make t3 and t4 ammo craftable only (not obtainable from vendors) in order to boost players interaction

- make drugs (except of stimpak) craftable/lootable from npc encos only (not obtainable from vendors) in order to boost players interaction

- Farms to be owned by ONE character, not shareable, no co-owners.

- Farms to give little bonus (30 caps / 1000 farm money, 60 exp / 1000 farm money) /// (+1.7% exp bonus lasting an hour (5000 farm money) or 1.2% chance to spawn more caps in lockers lasting an hour (5000 farm money))

- Glow to be moved under a "PVP zone" mode. You can literally go there now alone, pile every shit you find there, grab it all and suicide with 9000lbs overloaded char. Kinda cheat, aight..?

- Town Control locker to spawn oil cans/puppets with ie 2% chance / 5 minutes

- (11Mar2019)[/color] more active staff

- (11Mar2019)[/color] repeatable events (this could go hand in hand with more active staff)

- (11Mar2019) ability to assign quests to lower ranks (Player Driven Faction only feature, with tracker)

- (new 20Mar2019) Event Ideas:

* weekly (monthly) 5v5 in Hinkley (3 rounds - best of 3), winners could benefit from +30% exp for 24 (72) hours --- could be managed by players, reward provided by GM.

* hide n seek (weekly) - reward random hidden item --- could be hosted by players

* Q&A (monthly) - reward optional (10-20 questions) --- could be hosted by players

thats all for now, I'll be expanding the list based on what comes to my mind or if anyone suggest anything good here, I'll put it on the list with the credit.

Feel free to react to each point, best with some explanation ... ie "point one is crap bcuz..."

thx
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:50:04 am by POWERPUFF »
The Almighty Gaylords

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Set of suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:15:22 am »
Every other private location is shareable, why should farms not be? If anything, why does each PC have to pay separately for the various services?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:10:38 am »
Every other private location is shareable, why should farms not be? If anything, why does each PC have to pay separately for the various services?
Once you deliver 6k barley, 6k shit and plant 500 crops you can benefit from never-ending, never-deteriorating, unlimited access to both experience and caps.

The issue with co-owners is that the co-owner card is shareable among all your chars, its not limited to one specific "co-owner" alt, therefore you do not have to exp anymore or go out for caps, you can just endlessly stay at your farm, pushing few buttons every hour, leveling all your chars as you will.

I'm not against the farm being VISIBLE to multiple chars, but only farm owner should benefit from having it all set.
The Almighty Gaylords

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 10:49:56 am »
bump
The Almighty Gaylords

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 12:55:03 pm »
MY opinion, not a promise or leak of changes.

- make caves great again by adding g11e (no stats, worse condition), alien blaster (no stats, cond50-90), bk robe (no stats, tougher enemies there (mutants with miniguns, etc.).
Caves needs more changes then adding better loot.

- make t3 and t4 ammo craftable only (not obtainable from vendors) in order to boost players interaction
- make drugs (except of stimpak) craftable/lootable from npc encos only (not obtainable from vendors) in order to boost players interaction
And how would that change boost players interaction? Why except stimpak?
As for traders, clearing stacking items in their inventory should be adjusted, it doesn't work well now.

- Farms to give little bonus (30 caps / 1000 farm money, 60 exp / 1000 farm money)
Farms... more like private mines mk2. There is no way to keep them in game if they are to give any real reward. Could stay only as sandbox minigame, for those who always wanted to be farmers... Any form or reward would be abusable.

- Glow to be moved under a "PVP zone" mode. You can literally go there now alone, pile every shit you find there, grab it all and suicide with 9000lbs overloaded char. Kinda cheat, aight..?
Not a cheat if that's a legit feature ;)
For me every difficult/dungeon location (public or private, doesn't matter) with good reward should have drop enabled

- (new 11Mar2019) repeatable events (this could go hand in hand with more active staff)
One does not have to be connected with other. In fact I think it should be made without need of GM to there.

- (new 11Mar2019) ability to assign quests to lower ranks (Player Driven Faction only feature, with tracker)
Wait what?

@all give better loot ideas out there:
In my opinion there is too much, too easy to get good stuff out there. And in very short time it's just "ugh, yet another ca mk2, oh avenger, again...". That's why I think there is a lot of those "give better loot, t4" everywhere and many activities are considered #NotWorthIt because of bad loot/reward.
Two main problems here, imo:
- too big difference between items, making some of them must use or minimum required equipment (like ca mk2) and rest useless
- too easy to get those best standard items in big quantities

I have few ideas, it's suggestion board so here they are:
- reduce stat difference between items, they should still have something uniq but allow more items to be viable
- reduce number of items of same time (I think I counted like 10+ pistols?)
- reduce number of different ammo
- remove ca mk2 from shops, move to rewards

:facepalm

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 03:21:41 pm »
Thanks for your response Mojuk.

Caves needs more changes then adding better loot.

Agree it needs both.

And how would that change boost players interaction? Why except stimpak?
As for traders, clearing stacking items in their inventory should be adjusted, it doesn't work well now.

Idea was to force people into crafting and therefore force them to seek/interact with others in case they are lazy/ have insufficient level/ stats to craft these themselves. Completely agree with stacking items.

Farms... more like private mines mk2. There is no way to keep them in game if they are to give any real reward. Could stay only as sandbox minigame, for those who always wanted to be farmers... Any form or reward would be abusable.

Limited amount of reward is discouraging from using bots/etc.. The location is great and it would be a shame to just let it rot.

Not a cheat if that's a legit feature ;)
For me every difficult/dungeon location (public or private, doesn't matter) with good reward should have drop enabled

Agree with the second part.

One does not have to be connected with other. In fact I think it should be made without need of GM to there.

We tried and are still trying. GM support always helped and helps to bring more players in and increase attention. Basically events driven by staff are more respected and more welcomed by many.

Wait what?

It was just an idea of possible feature when one could assign simple quests to their lower ranking faction members via the faction terminal. Ie go clear the v15 whatever.

- reduce stat difference between items, they should still have something uniq but allow more items to be viable

stats are good, bonus stats are an overkill. Imo +10% normal dr is a crap and it should be all limited to +2-3% max. But hand in hand with it the burst mechanics would need to be reworked too as it would be way too easy to kill someone with 75-80% dr.

- reduce number of items of same time (I think I counted like 10+ pistols?)

diversity is great, options to use multiple shit is great too, but yes, it must be viable. From RP perspective one could play with magnum, but yeah, there are 4-5 t1 pistols - crap.

- reduce number of different ammo

Ammo makes sense as it is. (to me at least)

- remove ca mk2 from shops, move to rewards

Agree.
The Almighty Gaylords

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 08:51:15 pm »
All of these are good ideas. Especially faction quests. (I suggested the same thing a long time ago).

However, i don't know what you have against the new Player Farm feature. I love this feature, just as it is. It is brilliant. I don't want to be a "farmer" there, but this is an example of "if you do a LOT of work, you get some repeatable reward". This is perfect for me since i work all ding-dang day, and otherwise could never keep up with full time players. I still can't, but at least this Player Farm feature allows me to try, in a way. Sounds like this feature is going away. I will hate this change.

I know there are more than a few people here who would prefer this game lean away from so many multiple alts, and toward a one-alt system. One thing that would help is to stop selling blueprints and crafting professions so cheap, and make it very very tough to craft anything. And force a crafter to choose which single thing he will craft, and stop expecting to ever craft it all. Provide a long, playable, quest-filled story where crafters work and fight thru it to get to some awesome goal: being able to finally craft a combat shotgun. Remove those from merchants, so any single merchant can maybe have 1 at a time, not 15 any more.

Combine this with deleting the Fix-Boy list at Level 1, so we all start being able to only craft 1 thing: a primitive tool. If you want to craft more, you have to talk with a lot of NPCs and do their tasks to gradually climb the crafting curve, and populate your Fix-Boy list. Start us at the very bottom. The climb will be an enjoyable fight.

These changes would mean having a sharper spear is suddenly a big deal. Having a 9mm Mauser would be like you're the leader, and almost nobody has a minigun - it's a pie-in-the-sky dream. Yet, you could craft a minigun - the game allows it, but wow it's a long hard road, and if you ever get to crafting a minigun, you likely don't craft any combat armor. Someone else chose armorer - that's the guy you need to be buddies with.

I suggest this as a player who loves the crafting features.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 10:23:42 am »
We tried and are still trying. GM support always helped and helps to bring more players in and increase attention. Basically events driven by staff are more respected and more welcomed by many.
I’m thinking about global, public events, similar to those that GM would make but automated/scripted.

It was just an idea of possible feature when one could assign simple quests to their lower ranking faction members via the faction terminal. Ie go clear the v15 whatever.
Sounds like a lot of work for very little benefit. It could be done by normal interaction between players (which you wanted to increase), don’t think there is a need for artificial tools that will be flawed and very limited compared to what players can do themselves.

stats are good, bonus stats are an overkill. Imo +10% normal dr is a crap and it should be all limited to +2-3% max. But hand in hand with it the burst mechanics would need to be reworked too as it would be way too easy to kill someone with 75-80% dr.
You can still get +10 dr on CA/MA mk2 and on CA mk2. But since base stats of those armors are much different in most cases higher tier, regular armor is still better than lower ones with good bonuses.
And yeah, crafting bonuses might be too big.

Limited amount of reward is discouraging from using bots/etc.. The location is great and it would be a shame to just let it rot.

However, i don't know what you have against the new Player Farm feature. I love this feature, just as it is. It is brilliant. I don't want to be a "farmer" there, but this is an example of "if you do a LOT of work, you get some repeatable reward". This is perfect for me since i work all ding-dang day, and otherwise could never keep up with full time players. I still can't, but at least this Player Farm feature allows me to try, in a way. Sounds like this feature is going away. I will hate this change.
If reward is good for somebody that does it once a day then how good it’s for people that can farm it all day long or make 10 farms instead of 1. You can either nerf it to oblivion or make if fun in itself without reward. I don’t believe Henry you are not aware of how abusable those farm are right now?

I know there are more than a few people here who would prefer this game lean away from so many multiple alts, and toward a one-alt system. One thing that would help is to stop selling blueprints and crafting professions so cheap, and make it very very tough to craft anything. And force a crafter to choose which single thing he will craft, and stop expecting to ever craft it all. Provide a long, playable, quest-filled story where crafters work and fight thru it to get to some awesome goal: being able to finally craft a combat shotgun. Remove those from merchants, so any single merchant can maybe have 1 at a time, not 15 any more.
Combine this with deleting the Fix-Boy list at Level 1, so we all start being able to only craft 1 thing: a primitive tool. If you want to craft more, you have to talk with a lot of NPCs and do their tasks to gradually climb the crafting curve, and populate your Fix-Boy list. Start us at the very bottom. The climb will be an enjoyable fight.
These changes would mean having a sharper spear is suddenly a big deal. Having a 9mm Mauser would be like you're the leader, and almost nobody has a minigun - it's a pie-in-the-sky dream. Yet, you could craft a minigun - the game allows it, but wow it's a long hard road, and if you ever get to crafting a minigun, you likely don't craft any combat armor. Someone else chose armorer - that's the guy you need to be buddies with.
“You killed crafting” yada yada…
Why would I bother with crafting if I can get more/better gear much easier and faster by other means? I will just go get what I need by killing/trading/looting.
This change will also fuck up casual players. Suggestion aimed at people who have know how and time always end up fucking over those who play from time to time just for fun. Good luck with that mauser vs fully geared characters who didn’t bother with crafting :)
You would need to adjust rest of the world to such change.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:44 pm »
"If reward is good for somebody that does it once a day then how good it’s for people that can farm it all day long or make 10 farms instead of 1. You can either nerf it to oblivion or make if fun in itself without reward. I don’t believe Henry you are not aware of how abusable those farm are right now?"

If reward is good, then it is automatically good in proportion to how much time you spend on it. You worry too much. And no, i don't know of any farm abuse. I know of farm use. It's a ton of work most people won't even do, but some of us will. Just like many other things in this game.

You ask "why would i bother crafting it?" and it's because some people like to craft. This is a mini-vr and people are creative. So this game becomes a mini-vr way to express creativity. You craft, and you feel like you've accomplished something. Yes, of course you devs would need to knock us all down a few notches - bring the world down to spears and 9mms. It would all be more harsh, more dangerous, more challenging - a longer investment, yet with the same possible eventual outcomes: tier 4 gear if you follow the long hard road.

It's either that, or totally get rid of all the leveling grind and let us start with CA and miniguns at level 1. "You wrecked crafting"? lol

As for the casual player...who even cares. They log in a few weeks and quit no matter how good your game is - they're transient game gypsies, whose goal is to play as many games as they can - not to master our beloved post-apoc wasteland. Are you actually trying to satisfy everyone? Oh nooo.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 11:09:44 pm »
If reward is good, then it is automatically good in proportion to how much time you spend on it. You worry too much. And no, i don't know of any farm abuse. I know of farm use. It's a ton of work most people won't even do, but some of us will. Just like many other things in this game.
Just ask around. People have millions of caps and hundreds levels worth experience from farms. After initial grinding they just log in every hour, click few times and profit from self sustained gold mine.
Show me any other feature that does that.

As for the casual player...who even cares. They log in a few weeks and quit no matter how good your game is - they're transient game gypsies, whose goal is to play as many games as they can - not to master our beloved post-apoc wasteland. Are you actually trying to satisfy everyone? Oh nooo.
For me casual player is somebody that doesn't log in everyday to play for few hours.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 09:41:20 am »
Farms are evil.

You buy your first farm:

1 click / hour generates 50 000 farm money (considering you have planted all crops)

50 000 farm money = 12.500 caps or 25.000 experience.

24 * 5  (auto-clicker) = 1.200.000 Farm money = 300.000 caps or 600.000 exp.

In 24 hours you get enough money to buy 2nd farm.
In 48 hours you get enough money to fully crop 2nd farm.

In 72 hours you get 2x 300.000 caps from 2 fully planted farms, which reduces the time needed to buy 3rd farm to 1/2.

In 84 hours you get your 3rd farm...

etc...

Now imagine people have 10 farms / player since 2017.

Considering some hardcore players do play 4 days / week (in an average since 2017) and run bot that clicks these farms 24/7 at these days then it gives you 208 days (4 days / week / 52 weeks / year).

208 days = 4992 hours = 249.600.000 farm money = 62.400.000 caps. This is one farm. Multiply it by 10 farms.

Gg there goes your server's economy.
The Almighty Gaylords

Arronax

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 02:33:12 pm »
I agree with all the suggestions except the two related to Player farms.
I also agree that multiple co-owners is a bit too much but it could be changed to something like Transferable ownership, which could cost a lot (in farm bucks, like the worth of 10cycles or more) and take a full real day to be completed, rendering the farm unusable during this period. This way only one char could use the farm at any given time, but you could still level different chars in the same farm.

But no, I don't think farm rewards should be nerfed. I agree it's abusable by autoclickers/automation scripts and it needs to be adjusted so that it wont be easily scriptable, but why nerf it cause of that? As far as I know those third parties are not allowed, and the devs are not making a game for auto clickers, so why would you use an autoclicker in your example?
Also, I remember I had to farm barley for a long time before I could plant all 500 crops - there were always other players at tobacco farm, and even when there weren't - it just doesn't go that fast, barley picking. In a more populated server "spawning" a new farm every 24 hours doesn't sound very plausible to me.
Some other activities yield much more caps and xp than farms - like the good old desert levelling for xp, or chain some mutie quests, sell everything and there you go - more caps than your couple of farms could produce for the same time.
Don't get me wrong -  I also consider having a farm conglomerate as a little OP, but then I think about how much dedication and time it takes to get 60k barley and 60k dung for ten of them. So I think it should be tweaked/adjusted rather than blatantly nerfed. Like that Rancher - butchering brahmins, then trading the food for the other resources.This is what needs to be changed imho. It would make more sense if you had to chop a wagon of wood and provide some water barrels from time to time.

Edit: Also, shit could be limited in towns, and new location(s) could be made on world map. Like Wild Brahmin Shit Fields, or Dunghill, or something. More player interaction in an unguarded location.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:40:27 pm by Arronax »

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 02:43:11 pm »
Arronax, I thought you were well aware of bots/clickers and scripts people are using to farm barley/special encounters/brahmin shit/tobacco/other as well as use these in order to farm money from farms.

These benefits are an overkill to economy as such.

I personally see these OK if they were lowered by 80% or if the benefit was different.. ie.. +1.7% exp bonus for an hour or +1.2% more caps for an hour.

The Almighty Gaylords

Arronax

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 03:13:11 pm »
I thought you were well aware of bots/clickers and scripts people are using to farm barley/special encounters/brahmin shit/tobacco/other as well as use these in order to farm money from farms.

I completely agree. Those people are in almost every game and they take no interest in anything else but automating. If you make it impossible (or not worth the effort), they would change the game, not their attitude or game style.
I've never used such methods, in any game, so I don't know how exactly to protect features like these, but I would rather try to make farms very difficult to be automated than to make their rewards so unappealing.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 03:33:48 pm »
When some players are cheating in 100% free to play game made by hobbyists it only testifies to the fact that you are dealing with life losers, who have not succeeded in anything, don't have any success now and will not have any success in the future - they are nothing.