April 25, 2024, 07:24:55 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Recovery of deleted character (fixed)  (Read 2393 times)

Sideer

• View Profile
Recovery of deleted character (fixed)
« on: December 16, 2018, 04:48:20 pm »
Is there a way to recover deleted character? During reroll I have initially placed 10k caps in my inventory but later when I was moving other stuff I think I have moved those 10k caps too so reroll ended up with simple delete.

Edit: I recall getting msg about receiving book of achievements so maybe something went wrong during process (there should be warning instead about lack of credits)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:42:38 am by Sideer »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Recovery of deleted character.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:32:30 pm »
BOA requires you to have the money in your active hand, then log out.
There's a delay between log out and character disappearing; When she does disappear, the BOA appears in that spot. It takes a few seconds.
If you didn't do it correctly... You're screwed. Sorry. :/
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Sideer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 07:18:42 pm »
I have succesfully completed reroll many times before. Chances of not having 10k caps in inventory are slim but since I'm human I'm bound to make mistakes...
It was sufficient to have caps in inventory. I was rerolling lvl 50 character and got proper msg about getting BoA after 3mins (if there were no caps I would get different msg) and I was surprised by not getting BoA on the ground after 3mins.

P.S. After discovering that most endgame content runs in RT I have lost motivation to level up one more char. If it is not possible to recover deleted character I will simply start again in 4th season.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:42:22 pm by Sideer »

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 07:59:25 pm »
Did you screenshot before and after?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 10:41:48 pm »
I was rerolling lvl 50 character and got proper msg about getting BoA after 3mins......
Hmm. No that shouldn't have happened.
Try something before you quit; go back to the tent/base/whatever now, hours (days?) later and search again, and let us know.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Sideer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 09:41:24 am »
I have tried to login this character today... and I've made it. I'm quite sure I have typed right command and got msg about receiving BoA but still I have no idea what happened... except some kind of divine intervention happened (maybe I have lost internet connection and command has not reached server, who knows...).
Anyway I'm saying big Thank You to that divine force and going to try rerolling again. This time with screenshots of each step just in case it happens again.

Goldfish

• And I said "Suzy, it's time for a divorce."
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery of deleted character (fixed)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 09:13:50 pm »
Very lucky. Perhaps admin recreated/reverted character deletion, although that seems unlikely.

Sideer

• View Profile
Re: Recovery of deleted character (fixed)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 01:51:52 pm »
I think I know what happened and it was indeed human error. Command was ok, caps in inv were ok so I did get proper BoA msg but most likely due to fast typing errors I have pressed wrong key in password string after command and game was unable to delete character with bad password.