Password:

Topic: HI REZ font  (Read 2923 times)

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
HI REZ font
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:01:26 pm »
Got some good news and some bad news.

Good news is, that Reloaded V3 client, now supporting FOclassic, can be modified to have the dialog font and window customized, in this case, enlarged.

Bad news is, I did a shitty job about it. There are several mistakes and the font itself is too blurry.

I leave this here, hoping the community will pick it up and fix it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xvS_5q7MXg-6spMWRFqvh8aVlhl8-4aN

This is how to install it:
    • Copy the art files in their respective folder structure into reloaded004.zip
    • Copy the following 2 font files to their respective folder structure into reloaded001.zip: Dialog.fofnt, Dialog.png

What will happen: You dialog window will be 1.5 times bigger so will the font. The font will be blurry and will have some mistakes, like "P" -> "H", and someone other letters might be on wrong place. Bullet list dots are missing... and so on.
    Currently there is another issue, which I couldn't solve yet on Reloaded v3, that the text does not align perfectly when it does not fit the window. I did not have this problem on older versions.

Try it out, experiment a bit, fix the font. No coding skill required. Check the ini files for how it works.

GL.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:08:16 pm by Slowhand »

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: HI REZ font
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 10:10:29 pm »
Some more info:

faction.ini
  • Adjust DlgNextAnswY=6 to your preference. If you make it bigger number, there is more space between the answers. I think 8 or 9 works best.

Dialog.fofnt
  • Adjust YAdvance   2 to your preference, this will increase the space between the dialog lines. I think 3 works best.

Also note that, you need to set your resolution to 1600x900 or higher for it to work.

There is some issue around: faction.ini ->
Code: [Select]
DlgScrUp=753 29 769 45
DlgScrDn=753 144 769 160

I do not know why this doesn't work, I have tried Reloaded v2 and Aftertimes (4.12 rev) and on both they work correctly. Atm, on Reloaded v3 I can't scroll down if the text takes up more space using hi rez font. If someone founds a solution let me know.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:02:52 pm by Slowhand »