March 28, 2024, 11:49:39 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: About Encounter NPC's  (Read 2698 times)

Onat

• View Profile
About Encounter NPC's
« on: November 19, 2018, 05:06:31 pm »
Hello there people, I've a suggestion about encounter NPCs like homesteaders, prospectors, nomads etc.

When we encountered homesteaders, we can make them our farmers for our faction. When we encounter some NPC's, if they are specific companions(like prospector), we can hire them and they can wait our tent & safehouse or our faction base.
Farmers are useful for faction base but if a person does not be a faction member, he or she can hire some person i think.

How should it work? (I can not write in Pseudeocode because of do not know FOnline Pawn Logic)

If a player has charisma 4 or higher, when he/she can talk with the encounter NPC, he get a option on the screenboard.

For Example(I'll talking about a Nomad for an example):

Nomad: "Standart NPC Talk"
Player: Hello there, are you looking a new home or a job?
Nomad:Uh-.. Kinda... Nowadays, my village is growing poor. I want to help but i have nothing. Why did you ask?
Player(Options)
-I can hire you. I won't make a promise for your village and I'll do my best.
-Leave your village and come with your family. I have hire and care you too.
-Okay, see ya.

Depends on choices, you exit the conversation or hire & take him or her.

If you choose to hire the NPC.

Nomad: Seems fair sir but I need to (caps or items for hiring his & her) because i need to take care them. If you may pay, i'll work for you.

After you give the necessary item. He'll say to accept your offer and the conversation will be end.

After that, he starts to follow you(like construction worker) You must protect the NPC until you arrive your tent or safehouse. If the NPC dies on the road, you must find another NPC for recruiting. When you arrive your tent or safehouse, you may talk the NPC again.

Nomad: Yes boss, will we arrive?
Player:
-Yes, we arrived.

After this conversation, the NPC will wait on your tent and he can bring items, tame some creatures or scavenge some items on its type.

For example:

Scavengers can bring you junk, metal parts, alloys etc.
Nomads can bring you fruits, fibers, gecko and brahmin skins, also (low or middle possibility) can tame brahmin and dogs.
Prospectors can bring iron ore, minerals.
Peasants can bring you some scavenge items or caps.
Farmers can bring you fruits, fibers, xander roots and broc flowers.
Children(Do not say WTF because of lost children can be around on wasteland(remember the Father Confessor's mission), so you can use them many basic jobs or they can be decorative on your tent or safehouse)

The worker NPC limits should be maximum 3 or 5 per tent or safehouse and they can be used 15 minutes(real time(a day in the game)) They can also get dismembered.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:02:56 pm by Onat »

Wichura

• View Profile
Re: About Encounter NPC's
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 07:19:08 pm »
Make an alt for this purpose. You need a base manager char anyway.

Onat

• View Profile
Re: About Encounter NPC's
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 11:04:25 pm »
Seems reasonable but how exactly should it work?
I wrote it.
Make an alt for this purpose. You need a base manager char anyway.
@Wichura, always should i create many character everytime? :)