April 26, 2024, 04:03:42 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Sneak - works mutch worster than expected  (Read 1639 times)

taki_tn

• View Profile
Sneak - works mutch worster than expected
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:39:54 am »
Hi my character has sneak 200, wearing thermal leather armor, wakizashi in hands. (I have meele only build)

When we try with other player (PE 7) where he can  see me it was 28 clicks afar. This distance means that +-any character can shoot me on sight.

formula written on wiki : "The opponent is invisible whenever its distance from the observer increased by final Sneak/6 is larger than observer's FRONT Sight range (regardless of the actual direction). "

Acording to wikipedia PE 7 = 47 range of sight with sharpshooter. Sneak (200) / 6 = 33 clicks.
So exceptionally 47 - 33 = 13clicks should be safe distance that is half of what was measured. Or am I interpretating something in wrong way?

abysse

• View Profile
Re: Sneak - works mutch worster than expected
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:24:26 pm »
maximum sneak is 270 + 50 from stealth boy ( stacking )  meaning when you do your testing, you have 120 worth of sneak missing, it's huge, get a stealth boy already it's going to work much better, and also get 70 more in sneak.

taki_tn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:45:03 pm »
First of all I underestand that I'm missing 70% of stealth full capacity.
But that not explains HUGE (2x) difference in useful sneakable distance.

Also according to wiki stealth boy is not stacking above 270% - can be used to diminish effect of holding big guns in hands.
wiki : Having active Stealth Boy in one of active slots gives +60% to the Sneak skill (will not increase above cap, but can be used to mitigate penalties).

also there is one note : Note: If you have 10 PE, you start sneaking effectively in encounters around 150+%.
Hopefully YOU means very aware enemy. Becouse I dont see reason to need high PE for sneaker - you hide from danger even if you dont see it yet...

abysse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 06:09:04 pm »
I don't care what this outdated wiki say, i did my testing stealth boy boost your sneak beyond 270%.

taki_tn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 06:43:17 pm »
OK I will check it over time. But it seems that I "found" explanation on wiki :

Against an Opponent

Direction - direction of the opponent has big impact, basically, the area around opponent is divided into four parts, and each part modifies your sneak skill value as follows:
        Front: -72
        Front-sides: -36
        Back-sides: -12
        Back: 0

So -72 is 12 more hexes/ clicks for sneaker disadvantage... I'm pissed on me that I did not seen/ mention it sooner.