April 16, 2024, 06:33:38 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Pve Content  (Read 2426 times)

Pen Tines

• View Profile
Pve Content
« on: November 05, 2018, 02:48:56 pm »
Hello again! I'd like to ask about good Pve Stuff that can be done solo (with companions). So far i've managed to do the Gunruners Mutie Quest (with a few deaths, but it was totally worth it), the Ruined Military Bunker SE (not the Boss Robot, just lured him away to get to the chests), the stranded ship (only partially as i was alone and could not get past the gas) and the easiest Raider quest from the lady in the NCR (All done in TB).
I also tried, but didn't stand a chance at:
-the desperados quest from SF
-La Grange
-Warehouse
-some other quests with enemies that had like ~1000hp

I guess these are not meant for doing solo, maybe with a good sniper to lure them one by one. Are there options to get to some better gear solo? The only rarer items i got so far are one standard Pancor, a unique CA MK1 and a unique RL. As i understand, the best gear is only available through the glow, which would surely mean immediate death and loss of my inventory, so not an option. Also where can one get implants? In the RMB i only found a pair of sunglasses in the safe :-(

Thanks for any advice!

Mr. Z

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Pve Content
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 03:16:47 pm »
Do run Goods'n'Go caravans up north. You meet Renegades and elite Supermutants: they give good XPs, caps, crafting materials and, occasionally, a statted armour/weapon in good condition (this is everybody favourite source for statted stuff). You could also try to snatch the chest in Reno sewers, it has a guaranteed statted item and maybe a bunch of Hypos. This one can be rough but can be soloed. Last but not least, join BoS, the questline is good. Off the top of my hat that's all, for now.

Edit: you can aslo farm telltales to get good Xps and gear. You won't get the gear directly: each time you kill a telltale you get a puppet as a reward. You can trade those puppets to Lone Wanderers and get statted gear Kinda grindy, but sometimes it's worth it).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:59:17 pm by Mr. Z »

Pen Tines

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 12:27:07 pm »
Thanks for your suggestions, will check them out eventually! Regarding Caravans, do you know if its safe to bring my companions with me when doing them? Because i read somewhere that they can disappear when they die during a caravan encounter.

Mr. Z

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:06:21 pm »
Concerning companions: I never used them, but I know they tend to be reckless and charge head low, so they tend to die easily during caravan runs. Apart from this, they can get killed by players: when you hit A to attack, another player's followers are marked in red (no way to mark them in green), so they can fall because neutral/friendly fire.

Pen Tines

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 05:57:40 pm »
So i tried a few caravan runs between NCR, Broken Hills and Gecko/Vault City (without my companions). They were really tough, sometimes one encounter with ~10-15 Renegades or Super Mutants killed the entire caravan in about a minute, one time we were overrun by savages through sheer mass. But a few times we reached our target destination. The items i got were nearly all (~95%) broken, and weren't that good in general. Conclusive i'd say it's good for caps and xp, but also very chaotic (because of forced RT) and luck (not the stat :-)) dependant.

I also tried the California Raiders on Medium difficulty, and i can say i liked that very much! It wasn't easy, but with some tactics (placement of my Companions, luring enemies around corners etc.) i managed to only die twice (damn those P90c guys) and had a fun and thrilling ~60mins which also got me some nice loot. Only the reward from the questgiver was a bit disappointing (500caps? Really?). I will try hard difficulty next time :-)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:59:55 pm by Pen Tines »