March 28, 2024, 09:43:28 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Bases  (Read 2268 times)

Pen Tines

• View Profile
Bases
« on: November 05, 2018, 02:29:08 pm »
Hi, i'm interested in buying/building my own base, mainly to have a better organized home for my various chars. But since i automatically start my own faction through this process, i want to know if my base will be as save (from other players etc.) as my current safehouses. I could not manage to defend it against other factions, as there will be only my own chars and maybe 1-2 friends who rarely have time to play. I ask because in the wiki there are no clear statements regarding this but some suggestions on defensibility for various bases.

Thanks

Mr. Z

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Bases
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:20:42 pm »
Bases are as safe as your safehouses, I.E the only way for another player to access them is you allow them to do so.
If you need to share tent maps/statted gear within your alts, I recommend you keep a base that's only visible to yourself, either as a high ranking member or faction friend (use bases visibility settings). Not trusting friends is always bad and not very kind towards said friends, but it's always better safe than sorry. Don't trust the apparent "We All Are One Happy Family" feeling that the game apparently has: the last faction takeover by an hostile happened not more than 3 days ago.
I hope this helps.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:42:17 pm »
Also remember to have backup alts with ability to use the terminal in case you reroll or forget the password of the base owner.

Just make a decoy base for friends, and a "parking lot" tent for vehicle containing valuables.

Compartmentation is good for security.

Pen Tines

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:35:15 pm »
Thanks for the replies! Now i feel a lot more confident to build a base! So, just to clarify, if i only allow access to my base for all my own chars and maybe a few (fully trusted) friends, its safe from invaders? Also, there are no Npcs that can attack the base?

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 06:06:14 pm »
Also, there are no Npcs that can attack the base?

Base is accessable only by invited players.

Pen Tines

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 09:34:38 pm »
Thank you, i think thats all i wanted to know regarding bases!

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 11:08:00 pm »
Getting a private base is one of the things i strongly suggest to all players. Start an alt as a "Base Commander", give him 10k caps, and use him to go buy a DIY base. Lead the worker to some zone very close to where new alts begin on the map, 1 zone just west of Hub. Site it, and build it. Park that base commander there and leave him there at the terminal forever. He can even remain Level 1.

Now every time you start a new alt, run that new alt to the worldmap and log into your base commander. Touch terminal and add your new alt's name as a non-member record. Set the Status of the new alt's name to "Friend". And set Friends to "Allow access".

Log back into your new alt and you now see the base dot on your worldmap. Go there and immediately pick up a stack of gear, Skill Books, drugs, etc - whatever you put there for your new alt to hit the ground running. This is the fastest way to get all your additional alts going.

Oh...and of course this base is where you stack piles of tent maps. So your new alt goes there, reads all the maps, and instantly sees your whole network of parking places.

Don't share this one. This is the capstone of your own personal security pyramid. Next level down is a base you and closest friends share, but keep this one to yourself. The 3rd level down is some crazy faction of people you just met. There will be thefts at the 3rd level. Cars will be stolen. Drugs will be missing. Who took my combat armor? I put ammo here - where is it. Ahhhh...but no worries since you have an upper level to your security. All your best stuff is safe.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 11:18:30 pm by Henry »