April 26, 2024, 04:24:11 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: No dialogue  (Read 1256 times)

Pen Tines

• View Profile
No dialogue
« on: October 18, 2018, 02:37:33 pm »
Hi, for some reason, certain persons became impossible to speak to again, in particular: Durango, since i did the quest for Ford Chrysler (the one where you have to run back and forth and speak to both). And also the Hub Chef in the Postmen Building, since he gave me the quest to get ingredients for his soup. Both are supposed to give dialoge, but when i click on them they turn to me but nothing else happens (No dialogue, no text above their heads, nothing in the log). When i move them via the push command and talk to them again, the log tells me "They seem busy. Speak to them later." But when they move back into their spot again, the problem as described above returns.

Xeen

• "Arrows from the sky."
    • View Profile
Re: No dialogue
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 05:03:12 pm »
Hi,

similar thing happened with the Mutant Quest giver Ban Chao. At first it was possible to engage dialogue with him, and after you finished a part of the quest he just didn't speak to you anymore (being busy, try speaking later message). Anyway, from my experience and in hat particular case, the problem was with my charisma and intelligence being too low to continue the quest chain. After consuming mentats and beer, I could normally proceed and talk to him again, finishing the quest. Maybe this is the same case? I actually did that Chef Soup quest today and It worked fine with 3 INT and 1 CH character that used beer and mentats.
Hope It helps.

Pen Tines

• View Profile
Re: No dialogue
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 04:12:37 pm »
Well, i had 4 char and 8 int at the time, so i guess that should have been enough.