April 27, 2024, 02:09:40 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Town Control changes  (Read 2268 times)

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Town Control changes
« on: October 16, 2018, 08:12:53 am »
Factions who dominate towns could benefit from it...:

- Dominating Klamath: faction members get passive bonus to outdoorsman (+30%).

- Dominating The Den: faction members can sell slaves for 3x its normal price (ie combat slave for 1950 caps instead of 650).

- Dominating Modoc: faction members can benefit from +2% chance to craft unique armors.

- Dominating Gecko: faction members can benefit from +15 radiation resistance.

- Dominating Redding: faction members can benefit from global barter discount -5%.

- Dominating Broken Hills: faction members can benefit from refining uranium ore for free.

Dominating all towns at once by one faction: faction members can benefit from.. idk leave it up to you..

this is just an idea, can be adjusted/tweaked as much as necessary..

also, the locker should spawn puppets and/or oil cans with some decent chance .. ie 2-5%.
The Almighty Gaylords

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Town Control changes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 07:51:14 am »
"Domination" scores were never introduced to support factions with any profit.
It would only make powerful factions even more powerful.

It would be a cool idea to have these bonuses for factions that are in control, but it would work only with higher numbers online; currently capturing town and maintaining control most likely keeps all online faction members busy so they are unable to benefit from such bonuses.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:07:45 pm »
"Domination" scores were never introduced to support factions with any profit.
It would only make powerful factions even more powerful.

It would be a cool idea to have these bonuses for factions that are in control, but it would work only with higher numbers online; currently capturing town and maintaining control most likely keeps all online faction members busy so they are unable to benefit from such bonuses.

Perhaps cannibalism?
Chop up a townsperson in a controlled town- get "old school"(Fo1) "Iguana-on-a-stick".
Eat them later for the bonus like a drug.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 09:20:27 am »
Perhaps cannibalism?
Chop up a townsperson in a controlled town- get "old school"(Fo1) "Iguana-on-a-stick".
HAHAHAHA!!!!!
Seriously, though, no; once you loose domination or control of a town while not actively playing, you plan say to go to Glow because "hey I got +15 radres, get down there and not understand why you're dead with -8k XP...... Because you lost the advantage while asleep.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 03:08:29 pm »
Perhaps cannibalism?
HAHAHAHA!!!!!
Seriously, though, no; once you loose domination or control of a town while not actively playing, you plan say to go to Glow because "hey I got +15 radres, get down there and not understand why you're dead with -8k XP...... Because you lost the advantage while asleep.

that's another bullshit in your collection.

Who would go to the glow without checking their rad res? Also, you do not immediately die if you lose rad res by 15 points, and lastly, there's a rad res cap., so you wouldn't be able to stand there with 100% rad res while sleeping.
The Almighty Gaylords

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 06:31:58 pm »
Fluff,
I was trying to be nice.
I am well aware you don't die immediately; no rad away, in a leather jacket, it still took me about 15 minutes to die once. But going in there with the mistaken belief that you had "+15" because you'd been controlling Gecko ("or whatever advantage you thought you had") when you didn't will lead to whinge on the board.

So still, no.

FWIW, it can see why these are clever, but no.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...