April 24, 2024, 04:55:09 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Snakeater and Repair Bugs.  (Read 6105 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Snakeater and Repair Bugs.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »
Combat shotgun; Before repair 88/92. Repair of 125 (maxed out, I've tried to extend it more than once, just to see if I could get past the cap using probably the same bug that causes this). Using a multi-tool, it came out 82/82 (so the repaired condition was LESS than the pre-repaired condition, meaning it came out WORSE than before).
No, it's not every single time; I'm thinking it's a glitch somewhere in the repair algorithms. (That's why it's called "a bug.")

And yes, I got screenies of the before, and after (the “after” sceenie shows the skilldex as well).
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 05:10:42 pm »
rofl.

Successful maintenance will repair an item to max condition, at the same time it will probably decrease overall max condition by:

8-10% if used with Tool in active slot

92-10 = 82

A tool set, contianing various useful tool including pliers.
:facepalm
The Almighty Gaylords

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2018, 07:23:28 pm »
rofl.

Successful maintenance will repair an item to max condition, at the same time it will probably decrease overall max condition by:

92-10 = 82

So... How is 82%≥88%?
Read SLOWLY Puff... How is 82%≥88%?

Or do you define "success" as "everything's broken so let's torch it all for spite"?

Xeen

• "Arrows from the sky."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 11:39:31 pm »
Hi,
just to be sure, you used regular tool to repair a 88/92 shotgun, and after successful repair it went to 82/82. That means: "successful maintenance will repair an item to max condition" and "at the same time it will decrease overall max condition by 8-10%"...which it did. The 88/92 shottie went to 82/82, max condition was 92% minus 10% because of using a tool gives 82%. So because of using a tool the new max condition is set to 82%.
Sure, some times it seems like the condition after repairing is worse than expected, but by using a super toolbox (you can buy it from Rondo in NCR or farm it from GR mutie quest) you get much better results than fixing it with a tool.
Also it's better to use super toolbox because there is a  20% chance that max condition will not be decreased.
Meaning your shotgun would stay 92/92 even after repair.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 12:02:18 am »
rofl.

92-10 = 82

So... How is 82%≥88%?
Read SLOWLY Puff... How is 82%≥88%?

Or do you define "success" as "everything's broken so let's torch it all for spite"?

Xeen did it for me, I wanted to enjoy it a bit more than he did, but maybe it is good that way.

Best example for you would be..

10/100 weapon:
Supertoolkit repair options (if successful):
97/97, 96/96, 95/95, 100/100

Toolkit options(-||-):
92/92, 91/91, 90/90, 100/100

The Almighty Gaylords

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 02:14:48 am »
Hi,
just to be sure, you used regular tool to repair a 88/92 shotgun, and after successful repair it went to 82/82.
Correct...
That means: "successful maintenance will repair an item to max condition"
Wait, no, that's not what it means, it's never meant that.
and "at the same time it will decrease overall max condition by 8-10%"...which it did.
Well, that's what's happening, except that means the maintenance was a failure. (Actually, I've seen "maintence failed"s that didn't end up that bad...)
The 88/92 shottie went to 82/82, max condition was 92% minus 10% because of using a tool gives 82%. So because of using a tool the new max condition is set to 82%.
Explain, very slowly (because I want you to understand the words you're using), how "Successful Maintenance" results in a weapon that's in WORSE shape NOW, than it was BEFORE you "repaired" it.
Sure, some times it seems like the condition after repairing is worse than expected, but by using a super toolbox (you can buy it from Rondo in NCR or farm it from GR mutie quest) you get much better results than fixing it with a tool.
Also it's better to use super toolbox because there is a  20% chance that max condition will not be decreased.
Meaning your shotgun would stay 92/92 even after repair.
That's not relevant, read this SLOWLY and answer this (really quite simple) question:

"How does "Successful Maintenance" result in a weapon that's in WORSE shape NOW, than it was BEFORE you "repaired" it?" That's not possible.
So either it's a defect in game construction, meaning the devs SERIOUSLY fucked up, or it's an moderately common bug, probably caused by the algorithms for repair.

(Now, unlike some people, take a moment, THINK carefully, and you might just get the issue.)

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 06:57:23 am »
yes, because you're not supposed to repair something that is 88/92.

The item is not broken, not nearly broken, not even heavily damaged for fuck sake.

You could've achieved 88/88 if you ever used super tool kit and had lucky repair (-3% from the max. condition).

Stop bitching about something that works properly and use your fucking brain, start repairing items once they are ie 50/92 and not fucking 91/92.

now you, take a moment, a deep breath and tell me, are you going with your car to service after every 10km of drive? Or are you going there once it's really necessary because your brakes are going mad for example?

God damn, THINK.

THINK.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:00:03 am by POWERPUFF »
The Almighty Gaylords

Xeen

• "Arrows from the sky."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 07:30:35 am »
So I finally thought to get PROOF of what I was saying, but the damned file is too large.
Combat shotgun; Before repair 88/92. Repair of 125 (maxed out, I've tried to extend it more than once, just to see if I could get past the cap using probably the same bug that causes this). Using a multi-tool, it came out 82/82 (so the repaired condition was LESS than the pre-repaired condition, meaning it came out WORSE than before). Pretty sure repairing something ISN'T supposed to do that.
No, it's not every single time; I'm thinking it's a glitch somewhere in the repair algorithms. (That's why it's called "a bug.")

"How does "Successful Maintenance" result in a weapon that's in WORSE shape NOW, than it was BEFORE you "repaired" it?" That's not possible.

The repaired condition of gear/weapons is always less than the pre-repaired, unless you roll a perfect repair in which the max condition is not decreased.
Every successful maintenance results in decrease of weapon condition, if it wouldn't, you would be able to keep on repairing stuff infinitely. Imagine you would successfully repair something from 88/92 to 92/92, and then again to 92/92, and again...
The weapon condition keeps falling every time you successfully (or not) repair it.
As Powerpuff wrote, It is pointless to repair 88/92 gear.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with repair.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2018, 12:59:05 pm »

The repaired condition of gear/weapons is always less than the pre-repaired, unless you roll a perfect repair in which the max condition is not decreased.
Ya, but if the post-repaired max condition is worse off than pre-repaired current condition, the you broke your thing.
Every successful maintenance results in decrease of weapon condition, if it wouldn't, you would be able to keep on repairing stuff infinitely. Imagine you would successfully repair something from 88/92 to 92/92, and then again to 92/92, and again...
That's not what I said...
The weapon condition keeps falling every time you successfully (or not) repair it.
As Powerpuff wrote, It is pointless to repair 88/92 gear.
I don't listen to people who've lied to me, so I don't waste time on Puff's shit.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with repair.
If the Repair function is supposed to break you gear (under ANY[/i] circumstances other than a failure), then ya, there is EVERYTHING[/i] wrong with it.

Xeen

• "Arrows from the sky."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 03:03:57 pm »
I really tried to make as much sense of how repair works, but it looks we are going in circles here.

If you really think there is something wrong with it, you can still try to contact Kilgore or Docan and explain your issues. Hopefully they will give you a satisfying answer and/or fix any bugs found.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2018, 08:22:54 pm »
I really tried to make as much sense of how repair works, but it looks we are going in circles here.
Unless you're just an idiot talking out of your ass, you said repair itself is broken- A useless skill to develop.
That would be "unfortunate."

Xeen

• "Arrows from the sky."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 10:16:52 pm »
Now, now, no need for hostilities, as I wrote before, If you think repair skill is glitched or bugged, PM Kilgore or Docan and ask them directly.
Anyway the info about repair on wiki is up to date and correct.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 07:42:13 am »
Now, now, no need for hostilities, as I wrote before, If you think repair skill is glitched or bugged, PM Kilgore or Docan and ask them directly.

dont mind that trolling bitch with down syndrome please.
The Almighty Gaylords

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 04:31:24 pm »

Not hostile. Sad and DEEPLY confused ("Uh, wait the fuck, you mean you deliberately created a critical skill with a crippling defect, making it totally useless? What kind of fuckery is this?" "you" meaning devs and not -YOU- personally), but not hostile.
Unfortunate.