March 28, 2024, 09:29:59 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Loot Drops And PK’s.  (Read 6989 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Loot Drops And PK’s.
« on: August 16, 2018, 12:32:23 pm »
So. The Khans ARE back. The first-rate PK faction has returned (although their propagandists will tell you then never left; that may be true, it may not, and isn’t terribly relevant anyways).
Playership still hovers in the dozen to 2 dozen zone. It used to be around 150-200 at any given time, which tbh was REALLY LOW, so where it is now is pretty much “alone.”

Let’s twinklethink and ask ourselves what ELSE might be responsible for the massive player drop…
(Yes, I know the answer to this question, so do you if you really think for a moment…)
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Joe Lavender

• o/
    • View Profile
Re: Loot Drops And PK’s.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 02:39:15 pm »
Khans are not back. It's just me and sometimes Mantis.
Things just got worse.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 03:58:58 pm »
Total lack of any reason to play for anybody who does not enjoy grind for the sake of it? Because aside from no hexing and no loot drop that is the next biggest one in my opinion. Levelling up is now a colossal ball-ache thanks to the nerfing of various levelling methods and the frankly laughable way AC has been 'reworked' to force players to raise weapon skill higher to be able to hit anything on max range while completely failing to make AC based builds any more useful than they where before.

The "Grind is Good" philosophy seems to be something most servers are doing at the moment and it just makes people not want to play, while the devs think it makes the game 'harder'. Sure, there was grind in session 2 but the difference was that once you learned the ropes there were short cuts, now there aren't and so you actually have to enjoy grind for it's own sake.

And then if you do grind up a character, what exactly are you going to do with that? Organize a crafting and bartering party and do some TC?

You have to laugh.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 05:37:53 pm »
It's a shame that caravan experience rates no longer scale with current player level. The original pathway of grinding has been made even more monotonous and has been further dragged out with the set experience rate for each caravan.

RIP the process of gaining levels through junk crafting. It may have been viewed with upmost negativity, however it would be a lie to state that it wasn't done by most. It was a shortcut after all, and there is valued work behind it if you farmed and scienced gatlings instead of spamming WM over and over.

At least it was a viable alternative to the main pathway.

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 02:15:28 am »
What I partial like in current season is fact that I'm able to play without collecting resources and crafting too much.
What fucking game are YOU playing? Metal parts and gunpowder now requires literally requires junk, and I’ve NEVER seen any for sale.
And that was the answer; bases getting nerfed (already were kinda pointless, now completely pointless other than there’s more ground footage than a tent/shack), crafting raised to an outright asinine point (you need METAL PARTS to make alloys? AND junk on top of THAT?), and do not get me started about the Junktown power plant; I’m NOT wasting time with that again. (this particular rant was cause BECAUES that idiotic cooldown timer was running then, and it’s running now, say thank you to whoever’s responsible for THAT shit fest…)
If it’s not playable, it won’t be. And that’s where everyone went.

Oh, and Joe… apparently some of your boys are playing behind your back… or maybe they’re fake Khans, but only a complete idiot pretends to be a Khan for all the hate and malcontent that gets them… (Though that is kinda genius…)

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 04:09:31 am »
dont blame pk for low player count...its been low long before pk return

Big Hat Logan

• I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 05:27:00 am »
What I partial like in current season is fact that I'm able to play without collecting resources and crafting too much.
What fucking game are YOU playing? Metal parts and gunpowder now requires literally requires junk, and I’ve NEVER seen any for sale.
And that was the answer; bases getting nerfed (already were kinda pointless, now completely pointless other than there’s more ground footage than a tent/shack), crafting raised to an outright asinine point (you need METAL PARTS to make alloys? AND junk on top of THAT?), and do not get me started about the Junktown power plant; I’m NOT wasting time with that again. (this particular rant was cause BECAUES that idiotic cooldown timer was running then, and it’s running now, say thank you to whoever’s responsible for THAT shit fest…)
If it’s not playable, it won’t be. And that’s where everyone went.

Oh, and Joe… apparently some of your boys are playing behind your back… or maybe they’re fake Khans, but only a complete idiot pretends to be a Khan for all the hate and malcontent that gets them… (Though that is kinda genius…)
I don't know what kind of drugs your dealer is giving you. Khans are back? Umm, the fuck? B I T C H  W H E R E
This place is melting my mind. The inactivity is repressive!

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 08:34:19 am »
Quite the opposite, in fact; The low pk count reflects the low player count, and the player count us low because crafting has become generally impossible.

Big Hat Logan

• I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 04:00:56 am »
Quite the opposite, in fact; The low pk count reflects the low player count, and the player count us low because crafting has become generally impossible.
Crafting is quite possible, I got about idk fucking 500k Junk in my base??? The player count is low because Loot Drop and Hexing is gone, I don't really give a shit about hexing. But whats the point in PKing or Anti-PKing if you get literally nothing from it? Loot Drop was good for PvP and PvE, PvE is no longer harsh, difficult, and you don't actually fear the wasteland anymore.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2018, 05:19:29 pm »
It’s almost like BHL replies before he thinks…
And that was the answer; bases getting nerfed (already were kinda pointless, now completely pointless other than there’s more ground footage than a tent/shack), crafting raised to an outright asinine point (you need METAL PARTS to make alloys? AND junk on top of THAT?)…
If it’s :) ;) :P :D not playable, it won’t be. And that’s where everyone went.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 08:51:32 pm »
Crafting is quite possible, I got about idk fucking 500k Junk in my base??? The player count is low because Loot Drop and Hexing is gone, I don't really give a shit about hexing. But whats the point in PKing or Anti-PKing if you get literally nothing from it? Loot Drop was good for PvP and PvE, PvE is no longer harsh, difficult, and you don't actually fear the wasteland anymore.

I think a good number of players would get over no loot if hexing was reinstated, at least then there would be an element of skill to the fights. I’d prefer both to be returned but I’m sure my feedback will get same careful consideration it always does.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Big Hat Logan

• I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2018, 01:00:03 am »

I think a good number of players would get over no loot if hexing was reinstated, at least then there would be an element of skill to the fights. I’d prefer both to be returned but I’m sure my feedback will get same careful consideration it always does.
Why? What's the point in PvP if there's literally nothing to gain, also if you get fucking hexed in a 1v1 please uninstall.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2018, 06:43:46 am »

Why? What's the point in PvP if there's literally nothing to gain, also if you get fucking hexed in a 1v1 please uninstall.

Fun? You know even with full loot you actually gain nothing in reality. All loot remains in-game, you can’t take any home.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 10:24:43 pm »
Fun? You know even with full loot you actually gain nothing in reality. All loot remains in-game, you can’t take any home.
THIS.

Big Hat Logan

• I'm too old for this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 05:56:39 am »

With that logic why are you even playing video games? Just go kill someone irl and get loot drop irl.