March 28, 2024, 06:45:44 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Modoc’s Drought.  (Read 808 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Modoc’s Drought.
« on: August 16, 2018, 12:15:39 pm »
Modoc has a drought (btw, that’s a real thing, northern CA is in the middle of the worst wildfire season in its history).
A simple solution is a cistern; A massive underground reservoir to hold water for drought period. Drill a well just big enough to allow construction of cavity large enough to hold say 12 years worth of water, allow it to be filled over several years, then during drought years release the water but do so carefully, so it’s not wasted. Also adding more wells would help relieve the problem.

You can do this as a dialog only solution, or expand it to include a job to deliver the materials needed to build the cistern and new wells; The first time should be a decent amount of XP, but additional jobs (to build more wells) shouldn’t be much (if any) XP.

This mini-quest is actually near to me, personally; My father in law still lives just outside of the real Redding, and the wildfires I just mentioned came within ⅓ of a mile of his home; Three of his friends lost their homes, and the same fire that passed my father over (barely) now threatens Alturas, CA (the real “Modoc”).

To prevent this from being easily exploited, it should require medium science and speech (say 80%), but more importantly “multiple” good metal parts and high quality alloys (say 2 dozen) and around 150 electronics parts, plus “many” (100?) wood for the cistern.

Rewards; The first time you get +1,000 karma, about 1,000 XP and money equivalent to FMV of the materials; Each time after you get karma and money only (no XP).
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...