April 19, 2024, 08:46:25 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: PVP/loot  (Read 2479 times)

MaxTunnerX

• View Profile
PVP/loot
« on: July 02, 2018, 05:15:23 pm »
Im posting to re-check if the game devs still see the game's future in being absolutely hardcore, or if some other development can be expected?

For example a PVP toggle like many MMOs have, that would allow for PVE as long as the player wishes and as long as theyre NOT in a combat area/base etc. Or dropping a random item instead of full inventory? Or maybe a secondary PVE server?

In either case, its just a question really, because although I always found the hardcore PVP and full loot absolutely terrible (especially because you cant save/load here) and it always ruined my experience to that extent that I left, Im super happy now because the devs have released the previous season's source code, so now I have the experience I wanted and expected. I would like to try the massive multiplayer again tho, as long as the players are not PKing me or stealing from me. If thats not possible for the devs, Ill be more than happy in the released version, for which I also want to thank the devs big time. Its a dream come true.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:21:47 pm by MaxTunnerX »

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Re: PVP/loot
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 07:31:41 pm »

MaxTunnerX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 08:07:03 pm »
Oh didnt see that, it sounds promising. Where is it from? Also, has PVP been modified in any way? Talking about killing and stealing. All I saw in game yesterday was "this is a brutal experience and what you should do is die and then kill the guys responsible". After this I naturally just switched the thing off and didnt investigate further.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:10:52 pm by MaxTunnerX »

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:31:58 pm »

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • "Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 02:14:46 pm »
Oh didnt see that, it sounds promising. Where is it from? Also, has PVP been modified in any way? Talking about killing and stealing. All I saw in game yesterday was "this is a brutal experience and what you should do is die and then kill the guys responsible". After this I naturally just switched the thing off and didnt investigate further.

If you are referring to people standing in hub chatting/"socializing"(I know, this term is foreign language to many internet users) while plebians take the chance to burst them randomly, than, well, it's not the actual game, it's just a low meta game rooting from trashy people who are easy to entertain.

If that's the case.. uhhh.. just don't go there I guess and PvE, craft, grind, whatever and also, don't bother to care about it, you literally lose nothing in the process, other than life time (aswell as the attacker, as it is common that both die due to guards, unless, guards run out of ammo and start using fists, or are killed[often times with exploits btw. by blocking building doors, but I guess you could call it strategy]).

If you are referring to PvE, than I simply recommend grinding less effective places until you have a few levels and resources to use against the odds awaiting you in the wasteland.
Metal armor and a mid tier gun such as combat shotgun or even assault rifle if you can afford and you are good to go.

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • "Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 05:56:04 pm »
Playing, reading, playing and reading.

This you should do. The game is suitable even for grandpas, assuming they know how to use computer.

True tbh.
The game has zero demand on a persons reaction times, unlike modern games and barely any on your sensory skills (you just disable walls and spam A, enemies will automatically be highlighted red, allies green., the only limit is your characters perception stat)

It's just, time commitment and awareness/awakeness.
The rest is "random number generator".

You could say, even a potato could play it. xD

EDIT: Oh yeah well and tactics.. but if you sit down and think abit, you can always come up with something.. like.. you are new and have no grinding capabilities..
you open a few containers in a random town such as hub.. and see.. aha.. there are always items worth 500~ caps in them (rng) and than grind those abit until you can afford yourself a metal armor+weapon and start going boneyard, for more lucractive locker hunting and xp and so on.
(This way, you can also find a FCC and afford your first vehicle -> with wich you can perform the effortless water merchant quest repetively)  : )
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:06:38 pm by Parabellum »