April 20, 2024, 06:53:14 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: A quest reward suggestion  (Read 1713 times)

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
A quest reward suggestion
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:11:28 am »
Hey folks, if someone is making a cool quest and has no good idea about what to use as a reward... Consider brahmin crap and barley seeds.

Current process of obtaining it is super inhumane. We need a quest-like process of obtaining. Make sure to notify us properly so that we could not only add it to wiki, but also link to it from the barley and brahmin crap pages.

Thanks.

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • "Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
    • View Profile
Re: A quest reward suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:53 am »
Ohh man people who don't use bots are such "noobs", learn to play.

No honestly, I think the idea wasn't single players running 10 farms at the same time, rather than some "high investment/high reward" place.

It just got abused.
Whetever due to too much time + tryharding or third party means.

It's probably subject to (whatever) changes in the future, I just hope, caps will never gain an "overly" high meaning this season, that would be baed.

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 03:10:40 pm »
Yeah, well... when you implement so many tedious routines, you do motivate people to write bots.

And once your bot can adequately parse the text in your console (which is not an easy task, especially if you're not in the protocol), you become virtually unnoticeable.

Since 99% of bot are getting banned when they start spamming messages in their console about doing something entirely useless. It's been like that since s1.

Anyhow. I don't want to write bots :( I want to enjoy the game. Hence this suggestion. Make a non-bot way...

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 06:48:51 am »
I kinda respect you but gathering shit is one of the easiest things you can do.. In a party of two you're done with whole fence (stables loc) in 15 minutes and you gather around 600-1000 shit (can't remember exactly). Which means, 6x-10x 15 minutes and you're pretty much set for 1 farm in terms of crap.

Barley - afaik you can obtain from:
- tobacco farm
- shops
- players

I'd say another location (ie Waterworks) with barley would be good tho coz there are only few plants in tobacco farm and it's a pain in the ass..
The Almighty Gaylords

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 01:50:05 am »
yeah, I guess it's not that bad if you just incorporate the gathering in your playstyle.

I think I just made a mistake of aiming to gathering the 6k/6k right away. Maybe it's not a good idea to let the players know of the maximum amount of crops allowed. Maybe just keep that info on the wiki.

Yeah, not knowing the cap is better in this case :)

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • "Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 07:23:32 am »
yeah, I guess it's not that bad if you just incorporate the gathering in your playstyle.

I think I just made a mistake of aiming to gathering the 6k/6k right away. Maybe it's not a good idea to let the players know of the maximum amount of crops allowed. Maybe just keep that info on the wiki.

Yeah, not knowing the cap is better in this case :)

Ayy, don't blush yo.
He's right tho, gathering shit is easy af, infact one of the easiest materials to gather all together.
It spawns in mass, it spawns tightly together and the weight is acceptable.

Try something like uranium or chemical components and you will see what is hell.. no.. try black desert online, than you see real grinding hell (including OW pvp and big travelling plus preperation times).

More locations for gathering materials however sounds extremely pleasant, or just simply tighter/denser ore and cc barrel spawns.
But they got their hands *full* of work already and don't want to make the game easier than it is, so this will probably remain a dream - who knows.

Basically I'm contra grinding and pro casualizing - aswell as pro challenging but not ridiculously cheesy like 9999hp, fair challenges a nice.
But it's just my taste, we cannot change their concept/masterplan.