April 19, 2024, 09:21:20 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Re: Advertising FOnline Reloaded.  (Read 967 times)

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising FOnline Reloaded.
« on: May 20, 2018, 02:35:02 pm »
Nice ideas and I salute your motivation but honestly the game is empty because it is shit, no matter what certain folk and their discord pals say about it. And the last almost update told us it’s not getting better any time soon and if that wasn’t enough to put the last 20 people off playing then just go and check out Corrosive’s Trello page and see what the priorities for development are, seriously - do it, the mind boggles.

And then what would you say in the advert? “Have fun grinding up a character to complete fetch jobs and quests then....er...that’s it”? You see, maybe it would work and 500 players come but they would soon quit due to the lack of a reason to do anything in the game anymore. Sometimes I actually log in and try to enjoy the retarded utopia this game was turned into but I normally learn my lesson within the hour and do something else instead. The issue was never getting people, it was keeping them and there is less reason to play now than ever.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 05:31:37 pm »
Yeah, let's ignore the fact that many summers have passed with plenty of server activity before last September. I am sure that on this occasion it is summer that is the problem and not all the other things it is pointless to list because they can just be fixed by telling ourselves that the game is awesome.

Perhaps I was unclear but it was not the fact that the update failed which is the problem for 90% of the server population (whom the good people remaining don't want back, I know) but the content of it and the further plans to revitalise the server with more of the stuff that choked the life out of it in the first place.

When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 10:40:31 pm »
There are 3 big things involved now with declining player population:

1) General FOnline Decline
Add all player counts for all FOnline servers and you get a FOnline Grande Total. That total has been declining for 6 years. I don't know why, but it has nothing to do with updates, servers, developers, crafting options or other features. It's just a number that is slowly going down over time. So it's ridiculous when players of one server yell taunts at other servers saying "yours is dying" since they are all experiencing the same decline. This is a bad thing.

2) Jackass Migration
The PvP-No-Loot-Drop update, combined with some account bans (because jackasses were cheating and devs caught them and did what devs are supposed to do), led to a migration of the worst type of players in online gaming: jackasses who do not play the game for its intended content, but instead use the game to express their own personal hatred issues. This reason is a good thing.

3) It's Summertime
Every summer, as said before, we see a temporary decline. This is a good thing too, since it's healthier to play outside.

Now if you combine all of these together, you might get the illusion that "this server sucks", but use your brain, dissect the problem, and realize your role in this story.

Meanwhile, someone is using his brain. His name is Corosive and he's a developer busy working his aspartame off to add more content and features. The guy never stops here, slaving to improve the game, while some people just can't stop talking crap and misdirecting blame.

This game is awesome. And it's slowly getting better (population decline not withstanding), and you can help: log off of this forum and go do some advertising, or learn to dev and design new content, or make maps with the mapper tool or write dialogues with that editor - all free for download now, but you gotta stop posting on forum to get that work done.

Now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to edit this game's wiki (for you!)

Okay, here we go again:

1.) 1) General FOnline Decline

Yeah I know, all those servers that saw more than half their population leave over the space of a few short months. The way people talk you'd think it was only this one and yes of course it's nothing to do with updates, science has proven this.

2) Jackass Migration

Naturally, even though the decline in players has nothing to do with updates the no loot update that only smart people understand drove away a significant number of players, but still nothing to do with updates.

And of course the jackasses that were finally banned and were back playing on new characters/friends alts the very same day caused a significant reduction too. The maths is complicated but basically if 10 people got banned and then logged on with different characters the server population would decline by 10, Henry can explain better but best not ask as it's too complicated for the average lay person.

3) It's Summertime

Yeah, definitely.

4) Other Business

Currently my role in the story is providing an alternative to the loot hamster/roleplayer narrative which is touted by a remaining minority of players and apparently misdirecting blame away from the people who actually caused this mess in the first place. (i.e. evil PvP players)

Oh and thank you for all your hard work editing a wiki I currently have no need of and am unlikely to in the future. I don't want you to feel like I don't appreciate it.

jobany

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 02:47:33 pm »
There's absolutely no point of advertising the server while it's a pile of shit.

Game is awesome. Real fans love it. Summer is also awesome. Summer wins. Happens every year.

Oh there is an overall decline on fonline servers going on, yeah. Just see FO2 statistics, i think it is pretty stable even though there are no significant updates made in the previous year or so.

Core playerbase (so cal jackasses) migrating is surely a good thing, finally you reached your goal and noone is playing your game. It would be great to actually post some of those "real fans" messages where they say that its a great game. Would it be only you and Wichura? Quite convincing.

And what does Corosive do exactly? What is even the whole dev team doing? Pretty much seems like they are doing nothing at all. What about that last update? Was it even applied after the rollback? Not that it would make any difference because there are no real problems fixed or useful features implemented.

Anyways, removing hexing and looting was not the main problem. The real problem was that nothing else had been done in order to make the game playable with this new system. You cant just remove a feature like this and not think about other aspects of the game that it can affect. TBH season 3 changelog is nothing but a broken season 2 with new quests and all the fun removed. And you keep saying that how great the game is and that so many work has been done! WOW!

But wait, what? so the player number being stuck on about 20 since september is caused by the SUMMER that has not even started? Oh then i take back all i've said.

The real question is, why all this bullshit... Henry you ain't foolin anyone, and its clear that the dev team doesn't do shit for years. Just shut down the game and leave space for the rest of the servers, will be better for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:59:20 pm by jobany »