March 28, 2024, 03:53:28 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: A quest suggestion  (Read 1970 times)

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
A quest suggestion
« on: May 14, 2018, 05:06:35 am »
Guys, who can do this quest:
https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Sun_Kill_Moon
It's not clear where to take the quest, it's in here:

It says the requirement is the 12th level. Bullshit!

I tried to do it on the 30th. Died before delivered 20% of damage. If you manage to kill the target, show me your build please. I will switch to your build since it looks like there's something very very wrong with balance here.

Otherwise the quest is broken. Please fix it. It was probably meant for s2 bursters.

It's actually a bug, not a suggestion. But I suggest fixing it :)

PS

Managed to kill her, BUT:
1. in TB.
2. it took 15 minutes.
3. I was super lucky to cripple her so she couldn't catch up on me when I was running and FAing myself.
4. I used t3 weapon and m2 iron armor. She seems to be using normal dmg. (melee).
5. I completely drugged myself.
6. Had to use a few SS.
7. I was lvl 30. This quest is 100% for lvl 24+
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:28:00 am by cthulchu »

Mr. Z

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: A quest suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:58:44 pm »
I admit Sun Kil Moon is a nasty surprise, especially the first time and if you are in real time... And I also admit that some Telltales requirements are understatements at best.. Anyway:
 A: Metal MkII isn't really good at absorbing damage, and above all gives low protection against criticals. You should wear a Combat Armour MkI or MkII.
 B: Use of healing chems and t3 weapons is mandatory for everybody. Nobody is actually bullettproof, not even tanks/bursters.
 C: Not all Telltales creatures were made with "Any build in mind". You'll easily find telltales you can farm easily that are considered incredibly hard by players running different builds than yours. Just farm those that are easy for you (provided you're not looking for challanges, that is)
 D: Do not try "The Dog" vault dweller quest in JT, it's really crazy and not worth it.
 This said, depending on your build Telltales warning you about the sheer power of a given creature isn't exactly flavour text. Also: Sun Kill Moon is one of the lower tier "bosses". You should try at least the "Desert King" telltale in Hub. Currently he's in Market, next to the grid leading to Old Town. You'll face a Mother Alien, giving you 11k not-so-free Xps. Good luck.

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 03:53:04 am »
naaasty. What build would be best, on average, against these bosses? I mean, it would make sense if they had some kind of secrets to a win. Like, hinting during a dialogue that a boss has substantial weakness against, say, electrical dmg or something. Just make it interesting, not dumb.

anyhow, it feels like no testing was done before releasing these bosses. I seriously doubt a build plays a tremendous role unless your whole tactics is spending 2 ap on shooting once in TB and then running away to fight a boss for an hour.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:55:45 am by cthulchu »

Mr. Z

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 11:00:46 am »
Those bossess aren't suitable for lvl 12 characters because aren't meant to be.
 And to be honest: BOSSESS AT LVL 12?!? At that level my main battle alt was still crafting combat shotguns to buy its first 2 Combat Armours.. What other gear would you use?

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 04:15:03 pm »
well that's the point. There has to be a warning like: "Even though you can take the quest on lvl 12, it's not recommended. We recommend doing it at least after lvl 24."

Mr. Z

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 04:42:08 pm »
A team of 3 lvl 12 players could take on some those bosses. Anyway, keep in mind that there are a number of matters to consider:

Expert/non expert player.
Optimized build.
Quality of the gear in use.
Use of combat drugs (I must stress this, many newcomer don't use them, sometimes because they are expensive, sometimes because "No because no").
Appropriate ammo (You require red Armour Piercing rounds, blue rounds and red shotgun ammo really don't cut it).
Real time or turn based mode. Turn based KILLS bosses, in every sense.

All in all multyplayer games are sandboxes, I.E. you can go wherever you want since the very start. Banging against something too powerfull for you is unavoidable. Including bosses meant to be stuff of the legends. In the end loot drop is off though, so it's not we lose anything.