March 28, 2024, 11:16:36 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Rot Gut Engine upgrade  (Read 4684 times)

The Sheriff

• View Profile
Rot Gut Engine upgrade
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:52:16 pm »
Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to figure out how a lot of stuff still works, but the wiki is either outdated or very incomplete. I was just wondering how you're supposed to park your car inside T-ray's garage in New Reno? I tried talking to him about the Rot Gut Engine Upgrade, bu he says that I need to put my car in his garage first. What do I do?

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Re: Rot Gut Engine upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:20:46 pm »
if im not wrong you have to keep car key in active slot

The Sheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 10:27:24 pm »
I did but he's saying that he "Doesn't do house calls" and that he "needs to see the vehicle first". Is T-Ray's garage an entrance to New Reno? Could I enter and park with my car there?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 11:40:20 am »
How do you enter city?
GUN FOR HIRE

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 05:55:49 pm »
DocAN is correct, and wiki is now updated about this. You don't even need to bring the vehicle to Reno, (but if you do, don't post about it on the forum :))

The Sheriff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 08:53:03 pm »
How do you enter city?

I don't know how to take other entrances to settlements. I just click on the destination, then click on the green triangle after I arrive, and I always spawn in at the same entrance.

DocAN is correct, and wiki is now updated about this. You don't even need to bring the vehicle to Reno, (but if you do, don't post about it on the forum :))

But that isn't correct. I just made sure I had the right key equipped, talked to T-Ray, and he still says "Where the hell is your car? If it ain't in the garage, then I ain't touchin' it. I don't do house calls." The wiki didn't "get updated" at all. It still is exactly the same as looked at it and it doesn't specify exactly how to get your car in the garage (Maybe someone forgot to hit save? lol). Also,  "don't post about it on the forum"? lmao where the hell am I supposed to post about it then?

Firebirds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 09:40:49 pm »
When you get to reno you need to click on town world to enter or preview entrances, for T Rays select Gas Station, if you choose to preview the entrance then you can see the area before entering, based on your perception will pick up players/NPCs within X distance from chosen entrance.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 04:15:22 pm »
Whenever you reach any city destination (and a few others like Gecko mine), you can use the "Town/World" button to go in via an alternate entrance. Hub, for example, has Old Town and Market entrances which are both very convenient.

I updated the wiki page about the Engine Upgrade within minutes of reading your original post here, so now you'll see this:

"To get the upgrade, you don't actually need to bring the vehicle to T-Ray. You only need to bring him the vehicle's Key. "

That was not there before this thread.

And sorry that comedy does not translate well here - i was joking about using the forum to tell people where you're going (because they will wait for you there and kill you lol). Ignore that part i guess. Tell us all everything.

So now...i might have to reverse that edit. The "spare key" option from T-Ray can be done with only a key, and i admit i assumed the engine upgrade works like that too. Sounds like i was wrong. Thanks for reporting it.

However, there is no way I know to get your vehicle into the garage. The only time any vehicles ever are inside the garage is when they first appear as the result of a fresh new purchase. Once driven away, they do not ever again get access to the inside of the garage. T-Ray's dialogue does suggest otherwise - maybe that could be "fixed" some day. So when you go/return there with a vehicle, the vehicle will park outside of the garage. (Maybe that's good enough? I don't know.)

Please do let us know what you find, and i will edit the wiki accordingly.

Samuellove

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 08:26:09 am »
It is very interesting It is very good here.