April 20, 2024, 07:20:21 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Fonline Backpacks  (Read 2780 times)

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Fonline Backpacks
« on: May 08, 2018, 05:32:19 am »
It's different from this one: https://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=13117.0

As you may know, we have these resources that we don't use (as far as I know) like advanced fibers that we can only find in the Factory SE.

Let's make it useful!

Let's create a backpack that would increase the carry weight of a character, but only when equipped and it would take the armor slot and would add no armor, so you won't use it too often rly. And its creation would be expensive. I see it as a tiered system:

1. Primitive Sack Increases carry weight by 5: 10x cow pelts, 10x fibers, 10x silver gecko pelts, 10x junk, 10x metal parts.

2. Sack Increases carry weight by 10 (Armorer 1): 1x Primitive Sack, 5 golden gecko pelts, 5x ropes, 10x alloys, 20x junk, 30x metal parts.

3. Rucksack Increases carry weight by 20(Armorer 2): 1x Sack, 20 golden gecko pelts, 10x adv. alloys, 20x adv metal parts, 50x junk

4. Military Rucksack Increases carry weight by 40(Armorer 2 and a blueprint): 1x Rucksack, 20x Fire Gecko Pelts, 10x HQ Fibers, 50x adv metal parts, 200x junk

What do you think, folks?

I guess the only real problem here is the item skins. I don't think it makes sense to add the stuff to the player models, but the item should have a skin in inventories.

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • "Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
    • View Profile
Re: Fonline Backpacks
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 06:53:04 am »
Nice idea!
But theres an issue with useabillity of it.
We can already get +20 or 30 max carry weight on ACTUAL armor that provides protection, so we would still aim for that, rather than something that gives +0 protection and +40 max carry weight at best.
Thats not all, these crafted armors can "also" provide bonus AP and bonus SPECIAL.

The bonus carry weight would have to be something like +120, to make it worthwhile, atleast somewhat, but even so, we are still better off, throwing infinite weight on a companion, whom are cheap and easy to acquire.

A simple solution could be, making it an off hand item, it would be "better than nothing" ya know but 40 carry weight is still underwhelming, thats like how much ? 30 wood/junk etc., something like +15,+30,+45,+60 and offhand item+rare/hard to achieve seems more practical/realistic to me (you know, am already a player who screws effectiveness over fun.. so you may imagine what pure meta players/tryhards think)

And whilst at it, I think the Binoculars should also give the +3 or 6, whatever it was, bonus, while being in the offhand slot, afterall you lose the abillity to put something else in that slot as backdraw.

cthulchu

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 07:26:03 am »
the armor that adds to carry weight you're referring to is what, PAs? They removed t4, as far as I know and PA won't do anything if your ST is 10. The backpack would add directly to the carry weight.

Playing around with stats would be interesting, but it's a lot more riskier and potentially exploitable than simple and slight carry weight change. To make it easier for miners and crafters of kinds.

Also, I'm not trying to make the game easier with the suggestion. I'm trying to make it more interesting without making it easier.

Finally, we don't have anything that would use backhand mechanics currently in scripts. Creating something like this from scratch would be a terrible chunk of work. Not worth it unless the application is really really good, which it's not.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:28:49 am by cthulchu »

Parabellum

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 12:01:46 pm »
You see, thats the problem.
You should NOT develop a game you have no clue off.
The results are catastrophic.

I remember a nwn 1 module, where you could get literally all resistances, kek.
Even worse, when you try to sound smart whilst at it.

And no, its not PA's.

Parabellum

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 12:11:25 pm »
Also add back in T4 loot from Magic lockers because solo glow + empty locker = No-fun-allowed and put penetrate perk OR -10 to -20 DR mod on SEC,MFC @devs, the performance of engery weapons is pathetic and not canon.
Since when are miniguns better in all terms and regards than gatling laser in the FO series ?

Man... aweful mess.
Also.. 4k exp reward from caravans, I get 3k exp per Pashtuur kill and do 3 at a time. Plz fiiiiiiiiiix.

This is NOT about making the game easy...

EDIT:
And sorry if I sound rude, its simply my way of talking, I havent learned otherwise kek.
And This is basically directly directed towards Kilgore, because, I know he's the one who doesn't want "the game to be easier".
But if thats the problem.. heres a simple solution.. reduce player MAX hp from 290 to 145... problem solved OVERALL.
You cannot break game mechanics.. in order/hopes of keeping it hard and at max, you make it artificially hard, wich every second gamer notices and hates.

Also sorry for the rant, but my eyes are bleeding right now.
#MAKEengeryWEAPONScanonAGAIN
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 12:21:38 pm by Parabellum »