April 24, 2024, 11:36:56 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Big Gun Build  (Read 2485 times)

knifey

• View Profile
Big Gun Build
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:59:08 pm »
I'm thinking of making a big gun build and I would like to know your thoughts on it:

S 7
P 5
E 10
C 1
I 6
A 10
L 1

Tags: Big Guns, Lockpick, Outdoorsman
Traits: Fast Shot, ???

Perks:
Lvl 3 - Adrenaline Rush
Lvl 6 - Toughness
Lvl 9 - Even Tougher (I plan on using M60 and LSW, so no BRD)
Lvl 12 - Lifegiver or Action Boy (should I go for 12 ap?)
Lvl 15 - Lifegiver or Action Boy
Lvl 18 - Bonus Rate of Attack

Should I go 5 Strength instead of 7 and put the two points into Perception instead? Will the 40% hit chance loss be made up with a Big Guns skill of 180? If so, when will it become okay? A 40% penalty seems big. And 5 Perception will get me 35 hex sight range, which is exactly what the LSW and M60 have. Do I need more?

I plan on mostly using this char for pve and footlocker farming, but I would like it to be as versatile as possible. Will I need to use drugs? Or can drugs be avoided?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:21:16 pm by knifey »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Big Gun Build
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 10:15:37 pm »
All of the following is intended to be taken within the context of "in my opinion":

Yes, ST 7 is too high, and you already know where to go with those 2 points - into PE. Higher gun skill compensates for Hit Chance penalty from low ST, so just go with higher BG. 180 is minimum to get BRoA but don't stop with 180. Get 200 and MRD is an option. Get 240 and you can hit at longer distances. Get BG 250 or more and you do the least deterioration to your weapons.

Next is IN. 6 is too high too, but really it depends on your target level. If you absolutely must be done earlier, then 6 might be just right. But if you're more casual about it, are not in a rush, and willing to level more, then make IN only 4 and put 2 more points into PE (or LK).

Drugs? Yes. Even for PvE. You get into the habit (no pun intended) of drug use which later translates well to PvP playstyles. Wondering about a ST-related Hit Chance penalty? Buffout is your buddy. Do Nuka-Cola with Buffout. Want to act tanky? Then Psycho is your big brother, which is one reason you need higher PE. Want the final toughness advantage? Beer is like your rough-housing cousin, and yet another reason to pump up your PE. Get some PE back with cigs.

Which leads me to Luck 1. I don't like it. You could go IN 1 and avoid the lowest Luck. Or ditch all your PE, become an up-close tanky fighter, and have high LK. Low PE means you drop into encounters much closer to targets, so the fight begins more quickly, thus you get that XP sooner and you're onto the next encounter.

Good tags. Fast Shot, fine. And consider Good Natured. You can recruit a human companion follower that way, level him up, and bring him along to help find locker loot. He will also serve as a mule to carry stuff when you're overweight. Get Speech up to only 125 later, at your leisure, and get a 2nd follower. Now you have 3 guns shooting at enemies at the same time.

knifey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 11:12:40 pm »
Thanks for your advice!

Is luck especially important in Reloaded? If I'm not going for a crit build I can't see a few points in luck being particularly useful, unless luck has a powerful role in defense. Will I be sucking crits all the time with 1 luck?

Mr. Z

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 11:42:08 pm »
Hello there and welcome!
  Luck: It helps shrugging off critical bypasses on your armour. Whilst luck 1 builds are viable, you'll suffer some more damage. And lose some more weapons to critical misses, but that can happen with luck 5 too. Apart from this, the game is still in balancing stage, I.E. since the last 2 months the AI has been critting like mad. Some critical defense now is a must even in PvE.
  Drugs: Probably Fonline is the only game around where drugs are A Good Thing (TM). Use them to your advantage. When I got here 2 years ago I didn't use them to "keep things simple". It is actually simpler to use them and have a more effective character. Don't be scared by drugs prices, Reloaded is an easy server cash-wise.
  Perks: Since you are not planning about picking the bonus ranged damage perks, then i recommend to get both Lifegiver x2 and Action boy x2. You can use jet and wear an armour with bonus to ap: That allowes you to shoot 3 bursts in a row with either Lsw or Assault Rifle.
  Intelligence: go for 6 only if you want to get the 10% bonus to XPs support perk and level fast to reroll your character. If you don't plan this, then Int 5 or even 4 are enough to gain decent skillpoints on level up.
  As a personal note: if you are still new to the game, and you want your weapon skil to be effective faster, then I recommend shifting from Big Guns to Small Guns. Small guns bursters are effective, easy to play and make good levelling builds.

knifey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 12:25:21 am »
Thanks for helping!

Do people often play with 1 PE? It seems there are many factors pushing toward either pumping PE or dumping all PE.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 06:17:31 am »
Tagging Lockpick is pointless. This skill is capped at 150% which can easily be achieved without tagging it. Especially with IN higher than 3. I'd go for either FA or secondary combat skill, like Throwing or Small Guns (in case of broken hand and inability to operate big guns).

1 PE is in my personal opinion a pain in the cornhole, but it also allows to boost other stats. I cannot play with "blind" character tho.

LSW and Flamer/Incinerator with BRoA use 5 AP per burst, Minigun 6. If you prefer RT (or plan to use LSW in TB), Action Boys can be scrapped and take Lifegivers instead.

BG class is one of the fastest to level up and efficient damage-wise. A flamer can be crafted out of junk, fuel is made from garbage, easy money. Later on you can improve them to Incinerators and farm shit in wagons.

Here's what I'm using, both TB and RT, LSW only, later on .223 Pistol as alternative for weak mobs:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:51:39 pm by Wichura »