April 20, 2024, 02:33:47 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New session  (Read 5373 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
New session
« on: March 25, 2018, 04:48:26 am »
I know nobody cares and there's not much to any reason for even posting, but just thought i'd share my experience;

Most of the changes I actually like personally, was never a fan of the silly 1hex best ping wins dance for example, but clearly the result is a lack of players. I saw in another post someone mentioned that the player total only looks less because the multilogging PVP abusers are gone, but I saw at least 9 multilogged and/or fast relogging alts at shops around the place in my most recent run while there was only some 25 players online for example so I guess that goes both ways?

Being one who doesn't multilog (I don't even have an alt character let alone sandboxie), and who enjoyed pvp for pvps sake (everyone mostly being there for the same reason, drama is shit, teamfights are interesting), I really hope this changes, as for now it is seriously depressing to walk around the wastes/towns and mostly encounter nothing or some afk/disco alts who don't give half a fuck about disconnecting in dangerous towns etc, knowing that 95% or more of players are farming in an instanced quest like GR muties or raiders and that is all they will ever be doing.

Is this really what we wanted?

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
Re: New session
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 08:46:35 am »
Nice post, I also thought that some of the extra quest content/fetch jobs would have been a much needed addition to the game rather than the basis for whole new one but the only kind of feedback welcome is the kind were they are told how awesome the game is now that it's empty and TC towns are now supposedly dominated by a faction who wouldn't even PVP if there were any real competition and risk.

But fear not! There are some nifty new quests and fetch jobs on the way to revitalize the server. Sorted!

When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 03:17:14 pm »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 03:04:44 am »
Feel free to move or merge this topic with others, was just sharing my random thoughts on it, and I did only very recently reinstall this session, last time I played was last session, so my thoughts on it are likely different from those posting about the start of the session etc.

Again I like a good majority of the changes, the things I dislike are random and few (wasn't a big fan of nerfed caravan XP, and didn't like the magic reno locker disappearing and that's about it), and with other things I might not like on first impression like with no loot drops I am more than happy to at least experience/play the game with them to see what the results are over longer testing periods.

I think the main downfalls currently are directly related to loot availability, the lack of incentive for exploring/farming/fighting at new locations (west side freeway is a good example, nice little new location, interesting for small scale fights/ambushes, but no real reason to actually go there currently) obviously impacts the popularity of such locations in general. Spreading out the pvp and areas where pvp is viable is one thing, spreading them too thin with an already low player base (along with the loot incentive) mostly just results in what looks like an empty wasteland most of the time (empty of players only though, swarming with npcs). So perhaps all or most of my fears will be abated when t4 and better magic lockers appear again. Here's to hoping at least.

P.S. Just anecdotally; I ran one of the most expensive squishy builds last season (solar sneaker), but I kept grinding out gear and trading for what I needed to PvP etc, with the amount of pvp battles going on most gear usually went around in a big circle to the main factions unless it ended up in some greedy hoarders tent somewhere gathering dust. You realise how many other solar players were in the game and what my chances of getting regeared through pvp were too? There was 1 other player I knew of that used solar in pvp, 1. And still somehow I didn't mind loot drops and kind of miss them, perhaps I am a glutton for punishment? Who knows.

P.P.S. Despite what some just automatically assume about forum posts, I can deal with change pretty well, technically "my build" was "nerfed to hell and not worth it" according to some players I encountered, but nope, I actually like the stealth changes and perk changes (like pyros nerf, for example, I back 100% even though I shoot solars at faces all day), so please don't think of this as a selfish "my play is effected so QQ" type post. My honest core concerns are about the player base size and focus on the idea of fun, for me it was always about building character up to pvp and having fun pvping against other pvp players, for others it will be different, incorporating areas that accommodate as many play types and mentalities as possible is for the best, but most importantly maintaining older players while getting and retaining new ones is surely the main developmental goal too, right?

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 03:20:24 am »
Also just wanted to say TYVM to whoever read and took to heart my suggestion from last season about sneaking and armors, the small change that auto desneaks someone equipping heavy armor, and simply does not allow sneaking in them has completely "solved" that issue, 100% quality of life improvement right there, and it is certainly not the only change that was 100% wanted, so again, for the third time just to make sure, I personally appreciate many of the changes more than you can know, and send my thanks for the continued development in general.

Kudos and salute to those who work freely on projects like this.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 12:40:43 pm »
Magic lockers with high tier shit are attractive only for short period of time. Then everyone and their dogs wear fancy rare stuff, which is not rare anymore. Then what, add T4 with bonuses into magic locker? And then T5, whatever this might be?

Besides it's not all about gathering pixels as such.

My honest core concerns are about the player base size and focus on the idea of fun, for me it was always about building character up to pvp and having fun pvping against other pvp players, for others it will be different, incorporating areas that accommodate as many play types and mentalities as possible is for the best, but most importantly maintaining older players while getting and retaining new ones is surely the main developmental goal too, right?
Player base size doesn't seem to be much concern. I can only assume as I don't know for a fact, that server's staff is aiming at different kind of players/mindsets than it was so far known on any FOnline servers. Oldfags have to either move on or adapt, simple as.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 01:04:52 pm »
Magic lockers with high tier shit are attractive only for short period of time. Then everyone and their dogs wear fancy rare stuff, which is not rare anymore. Then what, add T4 with bonuses into magic locker? And then T5, whatever this might be?

Besides it's not all about gathering pixels as such.

That reasoning is a little facetious man, its like a slippery slope logical fallacy to assert for one, but also the longer t4 gear is delayed, the more riches people who are playing/grinding right now will have, which means faster access to it and just delaying the inevitable. The draw of nice pixels is a big one, yes it is definitely lessened by the no loot drop, but that ideal has been mitigated in other areas by increased rarity rates, the same would apply to magic lockers, one would think.

The notion of t4 being unlocked doesn't particularly effect me or my builds, but it might be what a number of players are waiting for, as something to farm and explore the currently pointless to farm areas, even just a sliver of a chance for that t4 gear will draw people to what are right now unpopular/dead areas, and no that doesn't at all mean there needs to be a "t5 set" unlocked later, some players will be trying to find those t4 items until the next wipe, others will access it faster as a matter of luck versus persistence.

Pieskov

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 09:17:37 pm »
So there is drop from 150 players to 30, but there's actually still some peoples that try to defend this shitty season? Lol xD

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 10:36:27 pm »
So much inspiration to work on stuff *sarcasm*. You guys are soooooo motivating.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 09:12:53 pm »
Don't mention it, I mean this session was clearly created to appeal to the broad spectrum of players who had stuck with it over the years rather than just a small section of loot hamsters and roleplaying sycophants and we all feel we that our opinions are counted equally and our ideas taken on board, so it really is the least we can do.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 02:47:48 pm »
So much inspiration to work on stuff *sarcasm*. You guys are soooooo motivating.
to work on stuff ? on what stuff ? we didnt see any update since 6 months, what should keep us motivated to play at first place ?

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 04:30:36 pm »
what should keep us motivated to play at first place ?
The desperate hunger of pixels.

Easy Pete

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 02:40:39 am »
what should keep us motivated to play at first place ?
The desperate hunger of pixels.
Wichura is the t4 of forum posters.

Parabellum

• Supporter
  • "Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 08:17:03 am »
So ?
We are T4 shitposter, my BaeBae gun is still red-hot at the tip of the barrel from that day down there in the Maltese basement.
If you ever happen to find or dig out that pellet I used, please return it to me.

Easy Pete

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 08:32:11 pm »
So ?
We are T4 shitposter, my BaeBae gun is still red-hot at the tip of the barrel from that day down there in the Maltese basement.
If you ever happen to find or dig out that pellet I used, please return it to me.
Lol I agree with you Para, this server needs to at least add in T4, all I want in life is T4, and maybe add in loot drop, literally my only player interactions in Season 3 has recently been Parabellum and BoW which I baseraped 1 day after joining lmfao.