March 29, 2024, 06:59:08 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Fonline reloaded Map pack  (Read 3746 times)

Something

• View Profile
Fonline reloaded Map pack
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:55:59 pm »
Hello
Just wanted to send you all a post and was wondering if you all would be interested in adding some maps to Fonline Reloaded if interested in getting some extra maps for the server email me at WPO5billypo@gmail.com

I think the addition will really help out the game

Something

• View Profile
Re: Fonline reloaded Map pack
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 11:10:42 pm »
Working some of the errorers

More to come

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:33:49 pm by Something »

reloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:43:53 am »
Wow amazing maps, I really like them all. You should send these maps directly to Kilgore, Corosive or anyone who is developer.

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 11:49:55 am »
You have took the initiative to create an abundance in maps that is often overlooked; more random encounter maps create variation and less boredom... GG  :)

While definitely aesthetically pleasing, there is one problem:

Y O U  N E E D  T O  U S E  T E C H  H E X E S  P R O P E R L Y
Example 1:
Spoiler: show
MAP: FO_MAP_ENCOUNTER_MOUTAIN_CAMP_FULL_01

Example 2:
MAP: FO_Map_Desert_Wild_14

In example 1 I utilised the command [Ctrl+B] to provide an overlay with green and red dots. Green dots represent hexes that can not be walked through, red not being able to walk nor shoot through. Disregarding the rectangular scrolling blocker hexes, you can see that there are many objects that you can walk through: multiple stacked boxes, desert flora, the walls of the tent, etc. This is also found in example 2 where, even using the command, nothing came up besides the appropriate screen blocker hexes coming up red.

Additionally, now referring to the scrolling hexes in example 1, the player won't be able to leave the area, nor will he/she be able to enter! Scrolling blockers are used on the exterior frame of the map in order to prevent seeing where eyes should not see, and also prevents the ugly black border from being seen. Some call it an easter egg, but those individuals pour milk in their cups before the boiling water.

Unfortunately this misuse is in ALL of the maps that you have made. However do not let this piece of text deter you! Your maps are quite relaxed and most definitely will be utilised since I remember the dire need of encounter maps just to shake things up. They are very nice looking, lore-friendly/non game-breaking and I would be surprised if they don't get hooked up to the server at some later point.

Just remember to utilise tech hex, otherwise Corosive will lunge at you for not heeding this warning in future attempts.
Or you could circumvent the upcoming one if you choose to apply the tech hexes now :D

👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Hoppean Snake

• Taking Commies for a one way helicopter ride.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 12:00:00 pm »
where tf you been @Zek niqqa  8)

also nice maps! :) send them to Kilgore on discord maybe?  ::)
Taking Commies for a one way helicopter ride.

reloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 12:03:38 pm »
Don't forget about removing tiles and scenery which aren't located between view blockers. You can cut it off because they aren't visible in game so don't let it be loaded into memory.

Also make good size x and size y of maps! ;)

Something

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 06:14:57 am »
Fallout Online: Encounter Pack 1

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgeCZhyhKFqohWoiGXIQ06eYIrER
New Pack 10 maps
FO_Map_Desert_wild_22_Fin_02 to 11

New Pack 16 maps
FO_MAP_Wasteland_road_FIN_01 to 16

Installation:
Add Maps to Map Folder
Link Encounters In World Map Tool Editor
--------------------------------------------
Enjoy

If there's any issues in testing Message me and I will do my best to make corrections

reloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:45 am »
@Something: You should fix maps because you made a lot of mistakes.

1. Screen blockers should be set as a rectangle and be enough to work properly in full HD resolution (players who use high resolution shouldn't see black tiles or get blocked screen).
2. Remove unnecessary tiles and scenery which are located outside the main view.
3. Don't overload maps with too many objects.
4. Use the grid to properly set tiles.
5. Set proper x/y size of map.

Example how it should be made:

Good luck with fixing and keep it well organized. If you need more help ask here.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:22:50 am by reloaded »

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 09:22:26 am »
Example 1:
MAP: FO_MAP_ENCOUNTER_MOUTAIN_CAMP_FULL_01

This function should help you. Paste it to mapper_main.fos and run on mapper by #CleanTech command.

Code: [Select]
string CleanTech(string s)
{
if(s == "")
return ("No argument. Usage: #CleanTech [argument] Arguments: afterconv, greengrids, browngrids, 3853, 4012, 2049.");

MapperMap@ map = GetActiveMap();
    if(!valid(map))
        return "Map not loaded.";

if(s == "afterconv" || s == "4012")
{
array<MapperObject@> blockers;
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4012, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
MapperObject@ obj = blockers[i];
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
if(s == "afterconv" || s == "3853")
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 3853, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
if(s == "afterconv" || s == "2049")
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 2049, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
if(s == "afterconv" || s == "greengrids")
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4016, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4017, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4018, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4019, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4020, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4021, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4022, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4023, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
if(s == "afterconv" || s == "browngrids")
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4031, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4033, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4035, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
{
for(uint i = 0, n = map.GetObjects(1, 1, 10000, MAP_OBJECT_SCENERY, 4037, blockers); i < n; i++)
{
DeleteObject(obj);
}
}
    return "Map is clean. Resave the map.";
}

I've written it for maps after conversion and it seems that one from example 1 is coming from some Fallout game/mod. Depends from used argument greengrids, browngrids, 3853, 4012 or 2049 this function will find and delete all specified objects and afterconv argument will apply all of them. Good luck!

Something

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 08:23:26 pm »
Added in map Function Cleaning command?. so I was looking at the adding function there...

so with the function I am looking at would that be added to the only see mapper_Mapper_Main.fosp and mapper_Mapper_Main.fosb throughout  the mapper directory on my side. no connection to Mapper_main.fos in the directory's.

Something

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 09:29:40 pm »
This is the newer Update to the map pack before delete old map pack if you had gotten that one

I have More On The way Soon please Give me Feed Back on The newer Pack so I can make changes if necessary  for the 2nd update or pack
-

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 07:59:26 am »
If you want seriously go for doing good maps and have better chance at feedback there is still https://fodev.net/forum/ and  there is a lot of good topic about stuff for fonline

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 06:17:20 am »
Added in map Function Cleaning command?. so I was looking at the adding function there...

so with the function I am looking at would that be added to the only see mapper_Mapper_Main.fosp and mapper_Mapper_Main.fosb throughout  the mapper directory on my side. no connection to Mapper_main.fos in the directory's.
I see. You have mapper with already compiled scripts. Ask Reloaded's staff for add this function. :)