March 29, 2024, 12:59:58 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Stuck being dead in the car  (Read 2457 times)

Maxron

• View Profile
Stuck being dead in the car
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:09 pm »
I armed C4, sit in the cockroach and used it (C4 itself not a detonator). In the name of science ofc.

I got exploding character animation in inventory and my hp was set to 10. Yet, game counts me as dead, because i can't use chat, radio interact with inventory and skills, and i can't move on the worldmap or get to random location. Hp doesn't regenerate and ~suicide command says i am already dead.

In chat periodically appears message "You haven't found a suitable place to park your vehicle".

The question is - is there any chance of getting char out of this situation or should i consider making another one?

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck being dead in the car
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:53:13 am »
Only GM can force-spawn you.

Any failed attempt to deactivate an active ticking bomb (c4, dynamite, anti personnel mine) in inventory means instant death no matter what you hp or dr level is.

10 hp is just a glitch.
The Almighty Gaylords

reloaded

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:07:17 pm »
It only proves that ~suicide command doesn't work! It should allow people die whenever they're alive or "alive but dead" :(

Annoying bug but I hope you will get your character back. Contact to developers on Discord chat (Corosive, Kilgore or anyone who is developer).

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 12:42:09 pm »
you cannot kill what's dead.

also, I would still prefer being stuck on a wm and seek out GM help than to lose my car. (like I would respawn but my car would disappear coz it has nowhere to go since you're not in an enco)
The Almighty Gaylords

Maxron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 01:13:41 pm »
I dont mind losing a car actually, since i took an old cockroach with empty trunk for that.
However, it looks like seeking GMs is still the only option to get my char back.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 01:23:22 pm »
well I have like 90% of my wealth in my car, so I would mind :-)

get to discord and catch Kilgore online.
The Almighty Gaylords

Programmer

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 01:55:55 pm »
you cannot kill what's dead.

I guess he was saying about blocked character on worldmap or somewhere else. There should be command which lets your character die and then always respawn if you get stuck no matter where your character is.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 02:01:35 pm »

I guess he was saying about blocked character on worldmap

No.
The Almighty Gaylords

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 09:01:33 pm »
Solved.

There was nothing in the trunk, but here's a piece of advice for everyone: DO NOT store all your stuff in trunks. On rare occasions people have lost their vehicles without a way to recover them, and if someone stores everything in trunk it might cause him ragequit.