March 29, 2024, 03:01:37 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Personal Suitcase  (Read 5417 times)

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Suitcase
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:49 am »
best solutions (repeated multiple times):

full loot / drop during TC.
full loot / drop in T4 dungeons. (Reno, Warehouse, Glow and new ones if they implement any)

other, not so viable solutions are:

- no loot/drop protection until level 15/18. (18 level still prevent others in creating PvP viable char and abuse this feature)

- no loot/drop protection in low level locations.

I don't like the bag idea. Imagine killing slags in warehouse while someone rush in and take your loot and place it into his bag immediately. Or a sneaker stealing stuff from dead bodies during TC, doing the same "backpack" thing as mentioned in previous example.
The Almighty Gaylords

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 05:06:42 pm »
To protect this kind of situations, i suggest "hiding in bag" option only while combat clock is off. So sneaker would pack
items only until he's spotted and shot. Otherwise, he take benefit form his proffesion.

I like solutions you sumed up, but mine is more universal (same rule for everyone, regardless of level and place)

Joe Lavender

• o/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 02:54:54 am »
But against two or more players i was always lost, becouse i played alone. It was annoying because i havent had enough time during my real time day for play, so i couldnt wait until those apes are gone.

Do you realize that the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of Fonline is to join factions right? The very first FOnline was first known as "Fallout 2 Factions Mod" Then when the Rotators Dev group took over, it became FOnline:2238. From the very start, it was a team based mod for Fallout 2. So the reason you died is because you didnt play the game it was meant to be played. If you wanted to play solo, just fucking play fallout 1 or 2.

I killed some newbies in the desert too, but felt so bad about it, and stopped doing it. It was very stupid. If someone
dont want to PvP at the moment, he shouldnt be forced to. Maybe someday he will, but let him be more experienced.

Player hunting has also always been there. There is a tough learning curve, thats just how the game is. Its another reason to join a faction, that way your friends have your back.

*long implant story*

Yeah, he had a FACTION member to take advantage of a very wasteland-like situation. Something of value happens in the wasteland, there will be raiders or scavengers looking to take advantage and make profit. If you HAD A FACTION to help you, you would have been fine. Thats an old scheme. Wait for someone with something valuable to come and then kill them and let your friend take it. Split profit. IMO, he did a good job roleplaying a terrorist.

So i suggested this Private Suitcase for satisfaction of every player.

No. There are so many better options. Like Powerpuff said for example,

full loot / drop in T4 dungeons. (Reno, Warehouse, Glow and new ones if they implement any)

Perfect solution. Problem solved, PvPers will return to game and server will be back on its feet. Literally the ONLY problem is that PvE whiners got what they wanted.
Things just got worse.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 06:40:14 am »
I also like the idea of the loot drop feature during TC and T4 dungeons. This should satisfy those crybabies yapping about omg ded gaem!!!!111. Personally I'm not interested in TC, and T4 is gay, so won't bother me.

Do you realize that the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of Fonline is to join factions right?
Well, no. Of course it's way easier to carry on within a faction, providing a supply chain and support in fights. But it's not mandatory to join one.

The very first FOnline was first known as "Fallout 2 Factions Mod" Then when the Rotators Dev group took over, it became FOnline:2238. From the very start, it was a team based mod for Fallout 2. So the reason you died is because you didnt play the game it was meant to be played.
Yeah, but then I'm afraid they couldn't make up their minds if it's still a faction mod, a Mad Max Wannabe paradise or whatnot. For sure it was a simulator of waiting later on.

If you wanted to play solo, just fucking play fallout 1 or 2.
And if you want to pew-pew people, play CS:GO or something.

We've been through this kind of discussions numerous times already, booooring.

Programmer

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:54 am »
Do you realize that the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of Fonline is to join factions right? The very first FOnline was first known as "Fallout 2 Factions Mod" Then when the Rotators Dev group took over, it became FOnline:2238. From the very start, it was a team based mod for Fallout 2. So the reason you died is because you didnt play the game it was meant to be played. If you wanted to play solo, just fucking play fallout 1 or 2.

That's bullshit man.

In Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 I can't craft or fight in real time, there isn't merged worldmap and in overall I can't do many things which I can do in FOnline. WHOLE FUCKING POINT of FOnline is everything what you imagine - factions are only one imagined way which some developers did. If I went back in time to 2008 (or earlier when full development process started), I would introduce another way for FOnline - and today some guys would write that the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of FOnline is coop mode with original Fallout's storylines, not some new shit stories.

Player hunting has also always been there. There is a tough learning curve, thats just how the game is. Its another reason to join a faction, that way your friends have your back.

I play alone for 4 years and I don't want to play with others because I can and I don't care about PvP or TC. I enjoy PvE activities such as caravan runs, few repeatable quests, crafting, exping and selling some items. Sometimes I can talk with random people or fight if I want to but in general I prefer some casually experience. Ihmo every game is better if it gives more possibilities and ways for playing. If it game is only about PvP then nobody will play it. You can't agree - well tell me then why people really bored FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix or 2238/Reloaded clones based on PvP. Many times I said the game should focus both on PvE and PvP playerbase and introduce features which make happy both groups.

No. There are so many better options. Like Powerpuff said for example,

Perfect solution. Problem solved, PvPers will return to game and server will be back on its feet. Literally the ONLY problem is that PvE whiners got what they wanted.

Exactly, I can agree in 300%. I was writing about the same solution few months ago and still in 2018 we don't have it. I can understand that developers wanted to change something and introduce new gameplay style but we can see that current state isn't good. Game is dying, there are many bugs and unblanaced stuff and it looks like nobody wants to fix it. There is silence, empty forums and we wait.

Veki

• Hakuna matata
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 06:38:42 pm »
Why PVE players get no droploot ? Also they have many quests, jobs what is like private dungeons where other players cant enter if they dont folow you. One mutie quest per day and you are good like new. Mutie quest don't have a lots of gear to spend or trade for what you need? I garantie every pvp "ape" how you call pvp players, are also pve player like you, many PVP players play PVE too...but they don't cry when they lose gear. Because people who wants to hunt geckos in leather jacket remove group of people from game? I was play after wipe... exploring only hub and get 10 levels not even get out in wasteland. Let me see also others protected cityes? how many levels and gear you can get if you play main quest? if you do quests you will have gear or money to get good gear even on begining and level up your character... Here you dont need compromise, thing is claer... droploot is more than ok if you ask me except you need to set up dificulty of game on very very very easy and not give any chalange to player to acomplish. PVP is chalange...you dont know players moves like NPC shames. If they dont have chalanges they dont play...

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 12:20:07 am »
@Veki
Hi. Sorry, im confused.. do you adress your post to someone?