March 29, 2024, 05:40:31 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Personal Suitcase  (Read 5415 times)

Vater

• View Profile
Personal Suitcase
« on: February 02, 2018, 01:29:49 am »
I think that good compromise between loot-drop and no-loot-drop is a Personal Suitcase.

Something like a backpack, where you can hide your stuff deeper. When you die, you do not drop this suitcase, but everything else. So in average fight, you loose your equipment that you wanted to involve in the battle like weapon, armor, ammo , stimpaks, etc, but you save everyting that you hid in the suitcase, things you find valuable, and do not want to risk.
So careful players, could still save everything. What do you think about it?

Programmer

Re: Personal Suitcase
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:19:49 am »
Personally, I prefer enabling full drop in several PvP oriented locations (for example Reno), during Town Control and in some public dungeons. PvP players will be happy because they could get what they really want, and PvE players will be happy too because they won't afraid of losing some items.

Introducing the new feature isn't easy solution and ihmo it's meaningless because everyone will hide their stuff.

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:10:04 am »
Personally, I prefer enabling full drop in several PvP oriented locations (for example Reno), during Town Control and in some public dungeons. PvP players will be happy because they could get what they really want, and PvE players will be happy too because they won't afraid of losing some items.

Introducing the new feature isn't easy solution and ihmo it's meaningless because everyone will hide their stuff.

I know its not easy, so i dont want to enforce anything. Discussion is open. Your solution looks quite good too, but what if I would like to do a quest in for example Klamath during PvP battles? I dont want to interrupt PvP actions, but i got killed anyway.

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 12:36:20 pm »
what if I would like to do a quest in for example Klamath during PvP battles?
Do you attempt to order a beer in a bar full of fighting rednecks?

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 01:04:42 pm »
Do you attempt to order a beer in a bar full of fighting rednecks?

In real life? Rather not :) But the rednecks should focus on themselves, like football hooligans mostly do.
I just want to explore north cities content without fear of every move i make, I like places like Klamath and Modoc,
so i dont want them to be only PvP. I think that no-loot-drop helped many players who thinks like me, so the suitcase is
mainly for satisfaction of PvP players. I dont mind be dead ocassionaly, but certain death and robbery isnt fun for long.

Joe Lavender

• o/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 01:32:36 pm »
I just want to explore north cities content without fear of every move i make, I like places like Klamath and Modoc,
so i dont want them to be only PvP. I think that no-loot-drop helped many players who thinks like me, so the suitcase is
mainly for satisfaction of PvP players. I dont mind be dead ocassionaly, but certain death and robbery isnt fun for long.

Before, anyone who wanted to enter unguarded towns had to be EXTRA careful and find ways to not get blasted sight. Whether this means to make a sneak crafter/trader, or just play later in the day to avoid PvP apes. This was one of the many aspects that made the game fun and exciting, and made it feel like a real wasteland.
Things just got worse.

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 03:15:38 pm »
Before, anyone who wanted to enter unguarded towns had to be EXTRA careful and find ways to not get blasted sight. Whether this means to make a sneak crafter/trader, or just play later in the day to avoid PvP apes. This was one of the many aspects that made the game fun and exciting, and made it feel like a real wasteland.

Do you know what real wasteland means to me? When im 4lvl, have only spear and pipe rifle, and get bitten to death by
bunch of geckos. Not by a pvp ape running across the shithole Klamath in perfect conditioned combat armor. It just looks
so unnatural. Im so glad that now i can do some quests in leather jacket, not caring much about these guys. You have your
feel of wasteland, and you have right for it, but there are more and more people like me, and our voice should be heard.
Goal of the game isnt the same for everyone. Im not interested in boosting my character to MAX, and then start the
"real PvP game". However, i understand what you like in your style, and there should be some space for you too.
What about navarro, sierra army depot, and bases like that? Sneaking to a base guarded by pvp apes - that would be
something! Not to Klamath for trade.

Joe Lavender

• o/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 04:45:02 pm »
but there are more and more people like me, and our voice should be heard.
Goal of the game isnt the same for everyone. Im not interested in boosting my character to MAX, and then start the
"real PvP game".

"More and more people like you"...

Player count at January of this session 3 vs Player count of January session 2.

"People like you" is the reason this server died. Kilgore catered to your kind and listened to your constant whining and crying, and look what happened. "People like you" is why you see an average player count of 35. "People like you" is why there is no fun anymore. I don't need to say more.
Things just got worse.

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 07:28:07 pm »
Lets not turn another topic into accusations. Maybe i shouldnt present any ideas. It seems that you know better what went
wrong. Sorry for that. Anyway, good that you still playing. Bye.

SFRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:13 pm »
Actually i dissagree, you can't blame some PvE noobies for killing the game, they are actually still here playing it while the majority of pvp apes (including me) is gone. The stale of waiting for wipe in such a long time and the big kick in the dick is what killed this game really, so many players came back at wipe but many also left after that first day.

Joe Lavender

• o/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 05:41:45 pm »
Actually i dissagree, you can't blame some PvE noobies for killing the game, they are actually still here playing it while the majority of pvp apes (including me) is gone.

You missed the whole point. The PvE noobies are indeed the reason for reloaded dying. Whether or not they are still playing is irrelevant, as the server population as a whole has went down to a third of what it was in season 2. Also, if you want to be statistical, this would mean that almost 70% of the server was PvP apes? I dont think so. The only people still playing are noobs who just discovered the game, and those who want to try to help make it better. My point being... You're wrong.
Things just got worse.

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 03:12:38 pm »
My point is.. We ALL are wrong in one thing.

Trying to put players into two categories and blaming one of them is just too simple explanation.

I've played reloaded since 2013. I love fallout 1&2. So i wanted to have a look how online game based on my
favourite universe looks like. I really liked reloaded, but i had time to play only for about 1 hour per day.

So when i was a newbie, i often visited unguarded quarries to mine some HQ ore and minerals. But there was always
someone inside or outside the quarry, wearing CA, waiting for weak players to kill them. Just for fun. Whatever, i
sometimes menaged to sneak into and run with some ore, but  my work was mostly ruined.
When i was stronger, i menaged to defend myself in the quarry sometimes. But against two or more
players i was always lost, becouse i played alone. It was annoying because i havent had enough time during my real time
day for play, so i couldnt wait until those apes are gone. Whatever, i still liked this game. I'd love to do some PvP,
but when im ready for it. What happened to me it was like AvN (ape vs. newbie - the worst kind of interaction) :).

I killed some newbies in the desert too, but felt so bad about it, and stopped doing it. It was very stupid. If someone
dont want to PvP at the moment, he shouldnt be forced to. Maybe someday he will, but let him be more experienced.

Once, there was an implant event announced by devs. I brought about 40x rubber dolls. (implant was given for special
items). I won least wanted implant - Intelligence inplant, but i was very happy. Dev (I think it was kilgore) gave it to
me personally. I jumped to my car and went straight to San Francisco. It was guarded town so i  thought it is safe.
I was wrong. Inside the clinic, they were waiting for someone - they new that someone would appear. It was Kirkor with
one of his friends (i dont remember his name). Kirkor menaged to kill me, and put my implant on the floor until guards
shoot him to death. But his friend took the implant from the floor, and escaped, so the trap went brilliant.
I said to myself: "FUCK THAT SHIT." It was too much. I didnt had time to do the surgery later, but those guys spend a
lot of time online just to spoil others efforts. I thought its not a game for me, and its not worth my time, so i quit.
I didnt post a single negative post on the forum. I've just left for a few years.

I entered the game after a few years, and noticed that game didnt changed much, so i quit again, waiting for wipe.

Now i see big hope in this game. There is no longer satisfaction for ruining others progress, but i dont feel hurt for
past abuses. So i suggested this Private Suitcase for satisfaction of every player.

We are all responsible for this game, but players who play it since the begining - we are responsible the most.
So stop being blind, and divide people into two categorries. It doesnt make sense, because everybody has a little
different story.

Now im playing without feel of wasted time (still haven't got much time for play).
We all can use our brain to not looking only from one perspective, so just do it, its simple if we want it.
If i said something wrong - then answer precisely, not blaming my whole speech that "i'm completly wrong"
I know that we can be wise community guys.

Mrs. Fixit

• I believe only what I see. That's why I watch TV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 06:37:25 pm »
@Vater
Nice Story. But maybe you had make a little mistake. You tryed to play alone. In a faction you would surely be more sucsesfull.

jobany

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 07:27:52 pm »
FOnline always constisted of these two groups of people, i see no point in denying this, but i also don't see a point in building a server that is based around only one group, out of a game that was going in a different direction not so long ago. It seems that the PVP population was always larger than the ones that are coming to roleplay in a fallout-like environment, despite of those so called "statistics" made a few years ago. PVP players kept playing the game because they liked PVP. Those who did not like it have quit as early as they realized there is little to no actual PVE content in the game. With season 3 they added *some* PVE content but in the same time ruined the whole gameplay for people who played mostly for pvp.

It must make a good first impression for a newcomer that even Hub is empty and they probably wont meet anyone in the wastes either.

your story in a nutshell (no offence)

Vater

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 11:40:13 pm »
You can make this division: PvE and PvP oriented people, but blaming whole group is inproper generalisation.
Its like blaming atheists for communism. Atheists are very diverse people, so most of them are not
responsible for it. Id like to combine PvE and PvP styles in my play.

But you are right about server, it shouldnt be builded around one group, thats why i suggested Privte Suitcase,
because i think it perfectly combines expectations of those groups. I still dont know, why you guys dont even
want to talk about it, its a hand reached to PvP. Someone said before that "it's meaningless because everyone
will hide their stuff." But when you see someone in armor and weapon, then you know for sure that you will grab
at least those items. You could also expect to loot some ammo, because your opponent cuoldn't reload his weapon
with ammo hidden in suitcase.

I talked with some tough players in Hub about it, and they liked the idea.
I know its only a step, and there are more issues, but isnt it better than complaining, and wanting everything back?