March 29, 2024, 11:59:51 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Regular Developer Updates  (Read 7635 times)

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Regular Developer Updates
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 02:46:40 am »
*Working on bug fixes
*Working on exploit fixes
*Working on balancing fixes
*Improving all jobs/quests/events
*Adding new Dungeons
*Improving old Dungeons
*Adding new NPC content
*Adding new Faction content
*Adding new PVP content
*Adding new Gambling content

^^^^^ This is the only update you need to know. Now, have patience and let us work.

What 'bout current guns and dungeons/mission/NPCs.
Cause the only way to do smth is using LSW,M60,Minigun or Assault Rifles. Single action guns are useless :(

That's not true, there's plenty of good + cheap combat options. Experiment, or bring friends/npcs.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 10:01:43 am »
UPDATE: Working on a new massive job for Christmas. That's my time limit! I'm hoping to finish in time, but this is very ambitious :)

Job will be part of a series of repeatable "daily" events. Not sure how the cooldown will work, but it's going to involve player activity/demand rather than waiting a few hours.

It's going to take you around the world a bit, and visit the major cities.

Includes many unique battles, decisions, and resource gathering. Players will be working with the locals in order to help improve their cities, and the wasteland.

Stay tooned.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 09:06:01 pm »
I will surely wait <3
GUN FOR HIRE

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 05:09:24 am »
Well, since people asked ...

I finished what I wanted to finish in time for Xmas, and am now in the review/testing/balance phase.

Programmer

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 01:08:09 pm »
Sounds good. Good luck with tests.

sam6321

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 12:05:30 am »
That's excellent news, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what goodies come in the next update!

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 12:38:25 am »
Me too :) Really hoping it's just the start of a ton of new features! Happy holidays everybody! And merry fokken christmas.

Programmer

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 04:55:25 pm »
Can we expect tomorrow update?

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 11:43:39 am »
Can we expect tomorrow update?

Honestly, not sure. But expect an update *soon*. I finished my work, and have it uploaded to the server.

Programmer

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 09:52:50 pm »
Hope *soon* isn't several long months... You know...

Lexx

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 04:22:24 pm »
More
Back in the days of 2238, Rotators did establish a dev blog. I remember at first they used it and shared info, but very quickly it fell inactive. It was always my impression that it was due to the jackass community, who would read info there and immediately start complaining they did not like upcoming features. So maybe those devs said, "Fine, then skip it" and abandoned the dev blog idea so they would not hear such complaints. If so, it's understandable that method has carried over to today.

It fell silent because it's a shitton of work. We had just too few active developers and too few who were motivated and skilled enough to bother with blog posts.
Constant negativity had its toll, but it's not really the reason for us stopping to post about upcoming features.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 09:56:13 am »
More
Back in the days of 2238, Rotators did establish a dev blog. I remember at first they used it and shared info, but very quickly it fell inactive. It was always my impression that it was due to the jackass community, who would read info there and immediately start complaining they did not like upcoming features. So maybe those devs said, "Fine, then skip it" and abandoned the dev blog idea so they would not hear such complaints. If so, it's understandable that method has carried over to today.

It fell silent because it's a shitton of work. We had just too few active developers and too few who were motivated and skilled enough to bother with blog posts.
Constant negativity had its toll, but it's not really the reason for us stopping to post about upcoming features.

Hey! Scout Captain Lexx!

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 02:06:12 pm »
I've started a Trello page with a list of stuff I'm personally working/focusing on. Check it out over here.

https://trello.com/b/ypDJvVIl

Maybe the other devs will join in too!

It was created on January 15th 2018.

Programmer

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 01:20:23 pm »
Up? How is going?