April 18, 2024, 02:25:45 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Some questions  (Read 2187 times)

Hyinforti

• View Profile
Some questions
« on: February 01, 2018, 06:26:06 am »
Hello, new player here and i have a few questions.

If my str is 1 will throwing weapons ranges be limited to 1?
https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Range
If yes, does taking Heave Ho! increase range past 1?

Will Bloody Mess perk also affect people who i have not damaged, and so, Is it similar in functionality to Jinxed?

Does Heavy Handed -20 critical power apply globally or only for the ones listed there?
https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Heavy_Handed

Does increasing luck increase Crit table roll or just Critical chance?
https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Critical_Hit

5^
Also, does strength add to the roll for both melee weapons and hth?
From this i take it ranged weapons(including throwing) dont benefit from perception or strength for crit table roll?

Wiki states that party size is
 Total charisma − 1 = Number of player/followers
Does that mean with 10 charisma, 9 is the max party size and that it cannot be increased futher using Drugs/Magnetic Personality/Mirrored Shades?

I'm playing on a potato laptop, Anything i can do to tweak settings for less strain on my system?
[Game Options]
Language = engl
WinNotify = True
SoundNotify = False
InvertMessBox = True
Logging = False
LoggingTime = False
FixedFPS = 30
ScrollDelay = 1
ScrollStep = 12
TextDelay = 3000
AlwaysRun = True
RemoteHost = europe.fonline.org
RemotePort = 2238
ProxyType = 0
ProxyHost = localhost
ProxyPort = 8080
ProxyUser =
ProxyPass =
ScreenWidth = 800
ScreenHeight = 600
Light = 50
FlushValue = 2
BaseTexture = 128
FullScreen = True
VSync = False
AlwaysOnTop = False
Animation3dSmoothTime = 0
Animation3dFPS = 0
MusicVolume = 0
SoundVolume = 0
DefaultCombatMode = 2
IndicatorType = 2
CombatMessagesType = 0
DamageHitDelay = 500
Multisampling = 0
DoubleClickTime=1
RemoteHost_0 = america.fonline.org
RemoteHost_1 = localhost
GlobalSound=0

Is there a list somewhere of npcs that buy stuff for caps and also grant xp?
like that guy in hub that buys leather from you.

Would anyone happen to know the special and skill requirements for quests? I went through the wiki but unsure if it actually contains all quests or considering season 3 whether its still accurate..

Could someone help me with a custom ui? I'm currently using combination of raz and khan. Found a few threads on a gui editor, but seems never to have been finished. Here's what i'm hoping for;
https://i.imgur.com/Jyw4kyj.png

I would like to help with game development, i've no knowledge of scripting but maybe i can make maps or write stories?

Need some advice on how to mod these things;
- Message above head, not in log, for when critical fail drop/destroy weapon and damage received by my character
- Many random areas have grid lines, can remove?
- Am using a mod that adds lines to items and some objects, a few missing though; Gecko corpses, certain Boxes, Refrigerators
- Is there a mod for Brighter doors and staircases, even with mod that remove walls and roofs when it is dark can be hard to see, might be just my resolution..

can the pants;
https://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Pants
be used while sneaking?

A lots of questions i know ;D
Thanks for your time~  :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:39:34 am by Hyinforti »

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:13:19 am »
I can only answer the questions that I have knowledge on that I ALSO believe have not been altered, or changed far from, what they were in season 2.

1) Every point of strength equates to 3 hexes for throwing. 5 strength would equal 15, and so forth.

Heave ho! appears to be the same as last season, except this time round it's compacted into one.

In relation to this, it will give 2 extra strength when determining rolls for throwing, meaning at strength 1 you will instead be strength 3 when throwing: you will have 9 hex distance for throwing upon taking this perk.

2) Bloody mess has never affected (y) if (x) has been targeted. The only exception to this WAS spray weapons, but I lack knowledge on content this time round.

3) Restricted to hand to hand/melee only (Season 2, I presume the same this time round.)
The weapons on the list are also affected by the -20 crit mod, however the list is instead detailing the malus to being able to knockdown an opponent. Essentially just wear a mega power fist and you will be knocking down most, if not all, of the time.

4) No knowledge of this season's critical rolls table.

5) No knowledge of this season's stat rolls table.

6) ^^^

7) Perhaps disable some processing, play with standard UI, build an overly priced gaming rig purely for FOnline related servers.

11) For maps you can download the map editor in the workshop subforum. The S3 kit hasn't been released as far as I know, but you can still make maps with the mapper from last season for this season (assets, .frm(s) etc are largely the same.) As for writing, I am not sure if there are spaces for that, but you could take a hand on creating your own quest(s)? Information for that is in the same subforum.

12) Some mods are not complete to the fullest, but are quite well done. However there may have been alterations this season that cause it not to work like it had last.

13) No. It was devastatingly broken last season, and many sneakers including myself used to take advantage of the very silky material and Brotherhood Armour statlines to reign over the shadow battlegrounds. 

However I could be wrong, but I am definitely sure this problem was fixed due to huge puddles forming last season.

Hope I was able to answer your queries with a response intended :)
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Kyber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:25:25 pm »
Hey Guys,

First of all. I'm really suprised and also happy, to found this game. Fallout 2 were the most important game in my childhood. I never imagined, that somebody made it into an online version. I tried both this one (Fonline:Reloaded) and Fonline:2, howewer, I have the same problem, with both. The game window doesn't fit my monitor. I'm using Win10, and a 16:9 monitor. The bottom of the game window is out of reach for me, wich is really annoying, and in the Fonline:2 makes the game almost unplayable. I tried to find some "graphics" button in the options menu, but there was none. What can I make, to adjust the game window to my monitor?

(Please, forgive my spelling/grammatic mistakes, I'm not a native speaker. (Also bojler eladó :)).

Bye: Kyber

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:16:00 pm »
Try to search through fodler with Fonline on your disc.
You should use config. file, choose page with graphics and write your deskopt resolution manualy (don't use proposed resolutions, I don't think those will match your requirments).

Greetings, wastelander!
GUN FOR HIRE

Kyber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 07:53:32 pm »
Hello Guys,

Thanks for the help earlier, with the graphics, it worked.

I Started a few characters and played a bit in the game, and came across some interesting things, that raised some questions:

1. I got a -300 HUB rep, and did nothing for it. Gravedigging could be the problem? It's a bit annoying that every HUB patrol encounter is instant death for me since that.
I met some nice guy in game, who sad maybe I shot one of them in an encounter, but I did not. Later I run into the problem of looting the npc kills, that's makes them angry for sure. But I never met a HUB patrol before.

2. With one of my newer characters I tried to max out the tutorial place. After one of the quests I got +1 Agility (It seems to permanent).
Not complaning, more of a bragging thing. :D Also curious, is it a secret thing I found, or some kind of a bug?

3. In the pipboy the "questlog" is terrible. If I roll down to see the newer ones, I can not click on any of them, becouse it seams to be dislocated. Also it is very, very brief, and many of my quests doesn't even appear in it. It's a retro rpg feature (use out of game lists) or bug? I miss the Fallout 2 style Pip Boy management.

The game is still great, and I'm very happy to had it found.

Cheers,
Kyber

Kyber

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:30:37 pm »
Never mind the +1 Ag part, it dissapeared after I left, the starting place. :(