March 28, 2024, 10:16:25 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Pure crafter build?  (Read 3531 times)

cheesybeard

• View Profile
Pure crafter build?
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:38:23 am »
Hey guys and girls, can anyone recommend a pure crafter build, focused only on crafting, will use it as my alt to craft weapons, armors, etc. no fights involved.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Pure crafter build?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:56:16 pm »
S - 9 (you can easily get robe +1 str which keeps the stat bonus even if it's beyond repair - a bug to me, but hey ho)

P - 1 (you don't need to see shit)

E - 1 (you don't have to fight shit)

C - 1 (optional, you can swap with luck points if you want more companions)

I - 10 (you want to get swift learner (+10% exp) as well as Educated (+2SP each level)

A - 10 (so you can you use jet + buffout + nuka - jet will reduce str by 2, buffout will increase str by two and reduce agi by 1, nuka will increase agi by one so you will benefit from +2AP)

L - 8

Traits: good natured (+50 Party points/no slaves, only companions or cows) together with chem reliant (drug duration is doubled)

tags: speech, barter, sneak

for repair, science, outdoorsman there are books so I tbh I prefer tagging different skills.

- at the beginning I would start with books to max. out science to get Educated perk - so you can benefit from additional SPs as soon as possible. Then, I would start investing into sneak so you can get silent running perk (please read it's requirement) - this will come handy when you're ie doing cave hunting or locker hunting to kill the boredom. (stop at the point you get the perk).

then, raise outdoorsman, repair, science to it's max levels (175, 125, 125) and then it's up to you, either max out sneak + traps or ie traps and something else. Really up to you since you will exp from crafting all the time.

Also barter + speech is good for obvious reasons.

The Almighty Gaylords

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 01:06:32 pm »
I don't think there is pure crafter build. You can craft everything if you get enough skills and professions so your build can be anything you want. I can recommend you take look at high carry weight (good for mining and carrying a lot of crafting stuff).

I disagree..

There are pure pvp builds
There are pure pve builds
There are pure crafter builds

I like to craft drugs with my main but my main has not so high carry weight as my pure crafter, so ie miniguns are much more easier to be crafted with my alt, as well as picking up shit or getting chem components - easier with crafter.

With Agi 10+buffout+jet+nuka+2x action boy +AP armor/str armor you have:
max. carryweight
max. ap

Rgds,
The Almighty Gaylords

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:41:58 pm »
E - 1 (you don't have to fight shit)
Strong Back    1/1    Francis in Broken Hills    Endurance ≥ 6, Level ≥ 6    +22 to carry weight capacity
Crafting-bitches love high carry weight.

L - 8
Why? Luck doesn't affect anything crafting-related, what a waste.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 06:58:26 am »
I have ~186 without strong pack, it's pretty enough I guess but yes, you could swap point from luck.

I thought he'd benefit from fortune finder and scrounger support perks if he had luck 8 but I just see these two perks are WIP. Nevermind then.

Then yeah, put it into End ..

S- 9
P- 1
E- 6
C- 3
I-10
A-10
L-1
The Almighty Gaylords

cheesybeard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 02:30:38 pm »
Thanks guys, if I have to read books, I remember they were expensive back then, how am I going to make easy caps in this server? Making ropes no longer gives you good caps when you sell as before, is there anything in this season that pays well with easy work?

Edit: BTW, is Chem Reliant useful for crafter build?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:36:20 pm by cheesybeard »

Daytona

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 07:15:08 pm »
I went with bruiser for my crafting build and sacrificed some AP for free special. I plan to use slaves anyways. This is also why I don't recommend good natured.