April 16, 2024, 12:31:24 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Decent ways to make money?  (Read 6214 times)

Astralogic

• View Profile
Decent ways to make money?
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:58:51 pm »
I'm trying to make money so I can follow the wiki and make a good character build (they need lots of money to buy all the skillbooks right away).

The best way to make money so far that I have found is to harvest fiber, make ropes, then sell them to the gun shop owner in the hub. This only works once or twice though since he runs out of money.

I'm starting to feel like the game is really dragging now as I'm trying to make money but it's not happening.

I did become a slaver thinking that's a good efficient way of making money but you have to be level 18 to go on slaveruns so that was a waste of time.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Astralogic

• View Profile
Re: Decent ways to make money?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 03:53:25 pm »
Can someone please explain to me why (on the wiki) the beginner character (strong explorer) costs 66,000 in books right at level 1. How the hell is a beginner supposed to start the game with 66,000 caps?

I've managed to get 11,000 so far in over one week.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 04:28:43 pm »
Try doing caravans, you'l get a few thousands caps per run and some gear that you can sell, but I think the best source is still the gun runners mutant quest - just drag all the miniguns to the guns dealer in Reno.  If you do the quest in TB right the mutants will have 1 (one) opportunity to shoot back (the lsw mutant in the shack) - you can do it going commando  ;D

I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 06:02:18 pm »
You can sell the ropes at the tanner in old town for xp, caps and materials. You can also sell electronic parts for similar rewards in old town. This is much more effecient as it will enable you to level up while making money. Once all the pointless grind is completed you will find the number of things worth doing in this session tapers off quite quickly, with most PVE content requiring a team and chances of any PVP being remote at best. You will probably stop playing after that and just stop by occasionally to help mystified new players and laugh at the current state of the game.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:20:00 pm by Rinzler »
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

jankes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 06:37:47 pm »
Can someone please explain to me why (on the wiki) the beginner character (strong explorer) costs 66,000 in books right at level 1. How the hell is a beginner supposed to start the game with 66,000 caps?

I've managed to get 11,000 so far in over one week.

Hey dude you no need to start with 66k caps because you can buy and read books at any time you want. I bought several books during my gameplay and still no have all of them.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 05:32:50 am »
Ignore bored players trolls who don't know jack shit about the new Season 3.

You want EASY caps? Sell Rotgut. Collect Fruit and Wood, and put it all into a still. One bottle of Rotgut is worth like 125 caps. You can easily clean out a vendor's money supply by selling hard liquor.

Another way to make money fast is to kill TellTale bosses, or do Combat Jobs in the Hub, NCR, and Junktown. All the gear you find can be sold. Anything broken can be hoarded and traded in for Bulk Order Jobs. Mix and match it all for maximum profit and XP. 12 Bulk Order Jobs = 1 Free Random Blueprint. You can get Combat Armor worth 100k.

There are many new public locations and dungeon modifiers. Raid some locations in game. Search the maps, there's a lot of secrets, and all items respawn with time. If there's nothing there, come back later. Most items dropped have 100% condition to them... which makes them worth a lot more money to the right vendor. Each vendor is unique, find the best vendor for each item.

Lastly, you can buy Pre-War Books in the L.A Library. Sell those to Historians. There's one in each town. Their prices are randomized, but you can make a lot of money!

If you can't make 20k caps without much effort in an hour, you're doing it wrong.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:35:24 am by Corosive »

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 02:57:01 pm »