April 19, 2024, 03:46:52 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Make no loot drop better for PvP players.  (Read 3379 times)

Ninjet

• View Profile
Make no loot drop better for PvP players.
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:19:04 pm »
So I come back after stop playing for a while ... a year or so nvm, and find out that there is no loot drop this season, which is great imo. This makes the game more friendly to new players as well as PvE players. But makes PvP players unhappy as well.

And to be honest, I agree that PvP is quite ... well .. boring and wasting time+ammo+equipment because nothing "valuable" was gained. There is no difference if you win or lose a fight.

So I think there might be some ways to improve this season which will make the PvP players happy too:

- Drop something you can easily buy back such as: misc items and ammo.

- Add counter measure for player kills, if you killed 100 players there will be small icon next to your name, as a medal to prove that you are a good PvP player, each 100 players you kills will give new icon to replace the old one, as ranking, but if you die, you go back to the previous icon and have to kill another 100 players again.

- After a death player body disappear, there will be a misc item on the ground, such as an ear or a finger whatever, which can be trade at a NPC in non protected town for something, such as rare skin, rare weapon, key to special dungeons, ammo, cap ... stuff ...

- Player over lvl 100, who is totally ready to do PvP, will drop all items they carry.

- Or maybe an option to play drop / no drop mode, if you play drop mode, the chance you get enchanced equipment on NPCs will be higher or more exp and loot or ... yeah whatever makes people thing " i should go drop mode"

Just my thought, sorry for bad grammar and misspellings.

Toilet Paper

• View Profile
Re: Make no loot drop better for PvP players.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »
mmm, another suggestion from i-played-this-game-for-10h-and-its-bad

1. every misc or just misc/junk(like condoms) and ammo?
2. its abusable asf, you know you can max it by killing your own alts? beside that, you will not see this outside of hub, killing 100 ppls without dying in legit way? its more like warning to other ppls how shity he is "this player killed 100 noobs without dying"
3. /\ even more abusable
4. this thing is actually good, it will decrease price of 101+ lvl books because everyone start making under 100 lvl pvp chars and then sell them when they hit 101+ lvl
5. i like this idea, it will allow me to get stuff from ppls who think that it will be no drop exping

Ninjet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 03:26:16 am »
First, it would be nice to stop making assumption, after reading your first line, i don't know if you are on drop or no drop side, but i think you are on hateful and toxic side for sure.

1/ Yes, including cap, hq ores, crafting material ... too.

2/ The point is it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Tbh we all play game because we want to be superior than something in the end, kill a player make you feel you are superior than him, if you can't kill a player you go to kill a npc to make you feel you are superior than a npc, an if even a npc can kill you, well no drop here to save your pride. That why people play no drop games, such as lol, dota, cs... It's not about the drop, it's about you are superior than others AND being acknowledged by others. That's why there is ranking system and people taking screenshot, highlight, stuff... after killing things in any game.

Yes it can be abusable, but for your own pride, it gives you no advantage in game play, and if you abuse it, you are wasting your own time and make yourself a joke whem fighting others rankers.

3/ i don't state that you can trade 100 fingers to get a pa, if it can be applied, it should be balanced first. And if 1 finger = 50 caps it's nice to, in stead of cleaning 1 shit, you can go punching your alt for 1 finger and leave that shit for a noob. As 2 it should not an advantage in game play.

4/ with my experiance in s2, lvl 100 is when all builds at it't peak. So it's when you are pvp ready. When you are at lvl 100, at least you know how to shoot, take cover and basic stuff. If you want to stay at 99, stay, you are almost perfect too, just use your 100+ alt to grind and feed your 99 main. Well, is it weird?

5/ As an option to choose, i think everyone will be happy, if you want to lvling fast, turm drop on and get 15% more exp, if you want to fight, turn no drop on and have fun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 09:06:10 am »
Abusable. If the killer should gain something then the victim needs to loose something, and not just a some thing, but the same thing the killer gains. This is called a zero sum game. In F-online this can be items (but then we're back to square em.. hex one) or xp (but the rate of xp gain changes with level-I think- so it's no good).
I think it would be ok if there was a 25-50% chance that a lvl24+ player killed by a player would drop one of his/hers currently used weapons/armor/items in hand.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:18:48 am »
Personally, I think we just need some PvP zones with full loot drop. Enter at your own risk.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 07:08:40 pm »
Personally, I think we just need some PvP zones with full loot drop. Enter at your own risk.
Exactly, nothing more and nothing less.
GUN FOR HIRE

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 10:58:20 pm »
Loot drop in towns with active TC timer, and well... old TC mechanics. Towns in while TC on are red anyways so newbies should know that is a bad sign, and TC would half rewarding. Hexing i wrote about many times, would be nice to have it back if some shitheads would behave and not code/use hexbots all the time. Old TC mechanics gave some time to stop something from happening so there was a rush for it, with TC windows and let's say 45 min or an hour cooldown from ending tc to restart timer by another team it would be good imho. And of coz some other PvP locations with full drop and magic lockers, but not existing non tc locations. this way you would avoid random players getting slaughtered by morons.

This would give opportunity to players that start to play as long as they get bored and then get into big leagues
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:00:51 pm by Awgy »

bayer monsanto

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 11:14:41 pm »
In dungeons it's a problem when you go to loot and then suicide to be teleported to safety. After testing this, I'd prefer loot be easier to craft and get instead of no drop.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 02:08:08 am »
In dungeons it's a problem when you go to loot and then suicide to be teleported to safety. After testing this, I'd prefer loot be easier to craft and get instead of no drop.

Yes, actually, I do agree. Dungeons should have loot drop, or else what's the risk? Item deterioration? Cost of ammo? Meh. Need bigger threats!

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 09:14:29 pm »
- Or maybe an option to play drop / no drop mode, if you play drop mode, the chance you get enchanced equipment on NPCs will be higher or more exp and loot or ... yeah whatever makes people thing " i should go drop mode"
I like that, actually, especially for shit like PA.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...