March 29, 2024, 10:39:39 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: BRING BACK SESSION 2  (Read 8260 times)

Chopperion

• View Profile
BRING BACK SESSION 2
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:10:39 pm »
#revivalOfReloaded
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:17:56 pm by Chopperion »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: BRING BACK SESSION 2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:28:48 am »
Quests and Dynamic Dungeon spawns are good.

Farming drops got nerfed too hard, double current rates and they'd feel worth doing with the current system.

Farm Structures are a little unbalanced.

Junk is used a little too much in the game now for crafting, the weight should be readjusted to like half a pound per junk to make up for the fact it's literally used in everything.

Rare materials are a little bit too cheap considering the ease of current cap generation, though set up well if the game ever does get PVP heavy again with in town loot drops.

Never was a fan of encounter loot drops, but town loot drops made sense esp in TC/PVP
Not a fan of TC getting T4, still think T4 should be from reasonable locations not just for PVP experience. Glow, Warehouse, or SE with the right atmosphere to justify why the T4 was there to begin with.

Really no reason to get 20 Khans/UV/Insert Asshole to troll 1 nub who doesn't even have a tent yet. I'd prefer the current system if the alternative are literally assholes who's only reason for being on the server is to make sure no one else can. Seeing as though the current set up removed said assholes gotta say it worked and people who said they pvp'd for pvp sake lied their asses off.

Hex'ing was a bit gamey and as mentioned before once you get the hang of it, the game became a breeze. I don't mind to see it gone, but don't mind it in game either.

Currently most players are mostly the farming/RP/and Anti-PK type. It's a fun server for PVE atm. Though not needing to plan anything out when fighting has it's ups and downs. Rewards are harder to get, but the losses aren't existent either. Without the no loot drop though there would be basically 0 reason to go farming due to the cost/benefit ratio sucking so bad though.

Personally think it should be encounters are no loot drop, but PVP towns are. And public dungeons.

In Fonline 2 I felt as though farming was offset by the chance to get Maps, or other bobbles + the weapons + stims etc.
All together all these items would be more than enough to offset the initial cost of venturing out. Right now in Fonline Reloaded though the best you'd find would be the weapons used by the NPC's if you also had to worry about being ambushed it wouldn't make solo plays practical for farming equipment for cap generation. Also the chances of the equipment being useful is like 50% for weapons, and 5% for armor.

Phoenix however was another set up entirely with good loots spawning often and frequently. And RT encounters non-stop. It made everything a high risk, and high reward situation, but also rewarded players who took no risks only looting equipment. And I think this area is one that is always up there. To find the balance to allow newer players to compete with the older more established ones while keeping it fun for the most people.

I think just the PVP nature of Fonline just made most people leave the community who weren't the type to PVP. Maybe the PVE community might come around to play Fonline again with Reloaded as is and maybe grow a following, or maybe that kind of set up just isn't meant to be. Still loving the quest system atm. Just not sure if questing should be a critical way to generate supplies because all the other methods were nerfed to equal the quests. Idk maybe cause I'm used to doing shortcuts.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:41:49 am by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:04:24 am »
No the people who said pvp for pvps sake didnt lie. They said that meaning people should be motivated by the fun of pvp. But that was before hexing removal and fun got nerfed out of pvp.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 03:52:40 pm »
Hexing, was just one viable play style, and usually they ended up in TB anyway so for the sale of fighting blue suits it made no difference.

Sniper builds are still the same from what I see
In Maintenance Mode.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »
Sniper builds are still the same from what I see
they are not because of changes in AC, traits and some perks (sharpshooter mostly)

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »
1. Good idea but it won't happen.
2. There is already a server out there with Season 2 conditions and nobody is playing that because whatever is going on in fonline, crying on reloaded forum is top priority.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 02:13:58 am »
We're working on some nifty stuff to get everybody back, don't worry.

Mrs. Fixit

• I believe only what I see. That's why I watch TV.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 11:34:19 am »
There is no need for new nifty stuff. You all know why we all gone:
-no PvP loot & terrible PvE loot
-new TC mechanic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 02:11:50 pm »
If you really want the old stuff back - Use the Source Luke, use the Source.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

oczy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 02:28:20 pm »
I have no rights to say anything because I'm a noob but at one time in previous sessions I was bigger noob than nowadays, I felt more adrenalin during scavenging wasteland. Since September - I feel a... hunger?

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 03:51:49 pm »

Is this the same nifty stuff that lost most of your playerbase? Just enquiring.
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 09:18:51 pm »

Is this the same nifty stuff that lost most of your playerbase? Just enquiring.

No, that was "The wipe that's gonna remake reloaded" - to be fair we can't deny it delivered exactly what was promised. It was remade from being an active server to being a dead server.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 02:06:46 am »
Well, to be fair, most of us don't want the old players back. We're happier without you. But thanks for popping your heads in once in a while to vocalize the fact that we've successfully removed you from the community.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 02:27:17 am »
Well, to be fair, most of us don't want the old players back. We're happier without you. But thanks for popping your heads in once in a while to vocalize the fact that we've successfully removed you from the community.

Thank you. I agree, and so do some of us, but we're usually quiet. Truth is, this server is alive and thriving, and has never had this kind of health - it's a shock. It's like a recovering hospital patient waking up immediately after the important surgery he has needed for 8 years. For the first time, he opens his eyes and he can see, he can hear, the headaches are gone, and he's not screaming in pain. It's going to be a great life! Finally! Now, he just needs to rest a while during the recovery process. He lost a lot of weight while in the hospital though, and some people will judge him by his weight. Most will make that mistake. When you have a colony of giant cancerous cysts removed, you weigh less. We finally lost some dead weight - oops it was a LOT of weight. That's fine with me - what is left is far more healthy.

So yeah goodbye Season 2! Hellooooooo Season 3!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:42:00 am by Henry »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 05:10:45 am »

Thank you. I agree, and so do some of us, but we're usually quiet. Truth is, this server is alive and thriving, and has never had this kind of health - it's a shock. It's like a recovering hospital patient waking up immediately after the important surgery he has needed for 8 years. For the first time, he opens his eyes and he can see, he can hear, the headaches are gone, and he's not screaming in pain. It's going to be a great life! Finally! Now, he just needs to rest a while during the recovery process. He lost a lot of weight while in the hospital though, and some people will judge him by his weight. Most will make that mistake. When you have a colony of giant cancerous cysts removed, you weigh less. We finally lost some dead weight - oops it was a LOT of weight. That's fine with me - what is left is far more healthy.

So yeah goodbye Season 2! Hellooooooo Season 3!!

Henry is one of my favourite players :) Thanks for the kind words, and support! You help keep our spirits alive! Rock on, brother!