April 20, 2024, 04:31:25 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Sniper Build  (Read 13724 times)

Wichura

• View Profile
Crit Spammer Lumberjack MkIII
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 06:28:40 pm »
Okay, so here's Crit Spammer Lumberjack MkIII. I didn't set age properly as I've used to do (60 on all characters I play), but screw it, I won't reroll again. Time to have some fun now.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Sniper Build
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 08:59:05 pm »
If you play a sniper correctly you dont get close enough to be bursted so its pretty irrelevant. Snipers in back tanks in front with one tank behind to protect from backstabbing sneaks.
And history has proven you wrong, way too many "hit and run" sneak bursters roaming around.

Especially when burst mechanic was changed and now it's more deadly on distance than previously.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 11:46:02 am »
If you play a sniper correctly you dont get close enough to be bursted so its pretty irrelevant. Snipers in back tanks in front with one tank behind to protect from backstabbing sneaks.
And history has proven you wrong, way too many "hit and run" sneak bursters roaming around.
Lolwut. Nothing has proven me wrong. Ive won many tc battles with that strategy so history has proven me right. Thats why you keep a gatling tank in the back so when a sneak tries that shit he dies instantly. The only guns capable of 1 burst killing this build are 2 handed which a sneak has to pull from inventory and then loses his sneak so he dies before he can shoot. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

The main threat is another sniper.

There is no many maps when you can use full 50 hex range all the time, and you're not always able to say from which direct they will hit this time. So one burst is meh :/
Then dont use it in a map it isnt made for? Same as you dont bring a melee build to tc you dont bring a sniper to reno sewers lmao
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:48:10 am by Gnk »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 11:58:14 am »
I see your point, but I'm afraid you can make it a lil' bit tougher so you can use it in Reno as crit shooter etc. That's my point of view, I didn't want to trigger you.
GUN FOR HIRE

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 12:54:11 pm »
i dont think that better criticals is worth it for fastshot spammer on this server

Better Criticals makes all the difference for Fastshot spammer. And this with low LK and without high end weapons, like Plasma Rifle.

I made a leveling/PVE build, as always:

6 ST, 8 PE, 8EN, 1CH, 6 IN, 10 AGI, 1LK
Fast shoot/Fast metabolism
Energy Weapons/Big Guns/First Aid

Took: (if I remember correctly)
3. More criticals
6. Even more criticals
9. Sharpshooter
12. Better Criticals
15. More Ranged Damage
18. Bonus rate of attack
21. More Ranged damage
24. Even tougher.

I can say that Better Criticals with Sharpshooter made all the difference in PVE. With Fast shot perk, every second shot was a crit, and after these 2 perks, I got to one shot 1 centaur each encounter, using Laser/MagnetoLaser pistols. In case of high laser resistance I use M60 or LSW.

Before Bonus Rate of Attack Laser Riffle was best, unfortunately I got one too late, Plasma pistol with 5 shots per turn rocks, you usually do around 300 dmg per turn only with normal crits (no max roll 200 dmg ones).

LSW is to expensive, I can't craft it + I choose CA from mutie quests, but LSW would be best dps on 2 burst per turn.

I play TB for old times sake.

I think crit chance is added to fast shot, when it randomly does aimed shot, but also the aim penalty, hence the misses at start. LK 1 makes you loose weapon a few times, but for a first character, I wouldn't ditch ST or IN.

At level 28 with max books, I got 125 lockpick, 100 repair, 100 science, 180 EW 150 BG, 100 outdoor, 100 FA, 25 doctor (use paramedics bag since no drop lol)

Hp is low, but I don't PvP at all, for PVE is good enough: 169

Note: If you have access to plasma or other damage type weapon, don't think BG tag is required.

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 04:45:30 pm »
I see your point, but I'm afraid you can make it a lil' bit tougher so you can use it in Reno as crit shooter etc. That's my point of view, I didn't want to trigger you.
I wasnt triggered i was explaining why i was right

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 05:06:21 pm »
ok, so i've tested this build... its really soft, but it does the damage

S1
P9
E6
C1
I3
A10
L10

use bloody mess and Kamikaze

Drug use for real-time is Buffout, Nuka cola, cigs.

Perks are
More crit
Even more crit
action boy x2
better crit
Sharpshooter
Bonus Rate of Attack
Life giver

You dont have alot of hitpoint (167) but the damage you do with eye shots is good enough to drop tanks with a 90% hit chance to eyes at max range without drugs...
seen this build in action does heavy dmg but at a cost of being glass but the build is good, wonders if works with sneak snipers if possible.
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

ishmael2007

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 07:52:23 am »
help im new how do i play