April 20, 2024, 05:44:11 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Player Farm Improvement  (Read 1415 times)

Blackislovas

• View Profile
Player Farm Improvement
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:08:17 pm »
I understand it's still in development, but I'll try to give some thoughts on the farm thing so far.
1. The whole farming is tedious and boring - I just log in, click "initiate end of the day" and log out, because all else seems pointless (I'll get to it a bit later).
Perhaps it would be possible to add encounters or something (like the farm is being attacked by raiders) it would be bit more interesting, to stir up the monotony.
2. The NPC's options seem rather useless - Now I understand that the aim is not to turn the farm in to a powerhouse grinding factory, but using 3 water + 3 wood for a couple of hides and a bit of meat? Not even bothering with it. 1 water + 1 food = 4 wood? I'd rather chop up a whole bunch myself, since getting water is annoying (constantly building the water pump).
The rates need to be reworked in my opinion, because all it turns out to be is a somewhat an ok option if you don't have time to play a lot, yet you need to bother a LOT in order for it to function. I thought a farm would bring a bit more automation.
3. If it's a farm, maybe stuff can generate on it's own? Meaning, that maybe a waterpump can function slowly producing water and so on. It would be a lot more pleasant.
4. Renovations - I got all of them in the first couple of hours, now what? Maybe they could be constantly upgraded as a sector or something, bringing more profit, resources or somethings.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Player Farm Improvement
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:45:29 am »
Encounters are planned, and farm is WiP. I don't even have one in game yet, due to the lack of time in RL. But I haven't forgotten about the farm.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 04:11:08 pm »
Farm exchange rates need tweaks,
And I think it'd be better if all the renovations were straight up automated resource gatherers. Who unlock features in the main farm guy rather than being another 10 guys to click on.

Like lumber jack gets wood, Hunter gets random hides and meat, Caravan unlocks the option to do what happens now. Brahman pens increase hide and food production. All of these things go into a farm wide locker inventory.

Rather than new units of food, water, wood. Using the current items to satiate needs would be nice imo. Like 12 logs, 12 meat, dung, and 12 water bags to plant the Barley crop, but 12 fiber, fruit, or tobacco to plant another crop. And instead of generating farm bucks they'd generate 1 plant item the Barley fruit etc per cycle which could be used for the caravan run, if the caravan runs were cheaper to run say 50 items, and let you do like 20 runs per cycle the money making would feel better imo, and you'd generate resources too if you'd prefer that route.

And I think the water bags should be refillable or bottles, then changing the trader to to be a randomized merchant who you could ask to focus on certain gear, armor, weapons, food, etc. Or be a way to generate an actual player caravan using hired guards to do the run, where the income generated would be in Farm bucks. More with longer arranged caravans.

Farm health mechanics are meh, I'd rather a farm feature to hire guards, and to literally fight a small raid of wolves, raiders, or etc at the end of each initiate day, where anyone killed aside from the guards would temporarily reduce farm efficiency, with the weak npcs running to cover. Like the raid could start 30 seconds to allow for time. But be as weak as a few mad dogs Raiders. Or junk town scouts.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:15:42 pm by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 02:11:40 am »
I'm going to go over the farm next year some time. Right now, it's not a priority, but there's def a lot of room for improvement and new features :) Thanks for all the suggestions, and keep them up please :)