April 28, 2024, 09:32:56 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: General Questions / Answers  (Read 410792 times)

kitka

• View Profile
Re: General Questions / Answers
« Reply #1185 on: August 26, 2016, 06:41:25 am »
does the LUCK have effect on disambling, repairing or crafting? finding stuff in cars, computers and lockers?  does this SPECIAL have any use for crafter?
no, it does not affect any of those things
[/quote]

thank you! have another question: will prices of my stuff be the same if i have 150% of barter skill (max) and 10 charisma or if i have 150% barter and 1 charisma.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 26, 2016, 06:45:46 am »
Charisma does not affect prices. They will be same.
Here you can read what exactly charisma does -> http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Charisma

kitka

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 26, 2016, 07:10:19 am »
Charisma does not affect prices. They will be same.
Here you can read what exactly charisma does -> http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Charisma

thanks again. I've already read all the wiki)

Leoho

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 29, 2016, 02:15:54 pm »
Has a merchant rework been discussed/planned? Each vendor buying different things at different prices seen unnecessarily boring.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 29, 2016, 02:19:21 pm »
Has a merchant rework been discussed/planned? Each vendor buying different things at different prices seen unnecessarily boring.

Like what do you suggest?

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 29, 2016, 02:36:03 pm »

Prices are established by few factors like Barter skill, location (PvP area vendors pay better but it comes with risk), Town/faction reputation (quests and trading boost your reputation). It does make all the sense in the world.
More you trade with them, more they like you. More they like you they pay you better. Whats wrong with that?

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #1191 on: August 29, 2016, 03:48:48 pm »
I think its confusing to new players why their items are worth 0 caps

Leoho

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 29, 2016, 05:05:25 pm »

Prices are established by few factors like Barter skill, location (PvP area vendors pay better but it comes with risk), Town/faction reputation (quests and trading boost your reputation). It does make all the sense in the world.
More you trade with them, more they like you. More they like you they pay you better. Whats wrong with that?

This is ok by me. But each merchant only buys certain kinds of items, what is the purpose of this?

I think its confusing to new players why their items are worth 0 caps

This is also a point.

Like what do you suggest?

I'm still thinking, and btw I don't know about the programming part of the game, if it's viable, etc.

I don't know if the recent implant changes are just something because wipe is near or an attempt at putting some real currency sinks into the game. IMO, a game with good currency sinks are better than ones that try to control the amount of relevant currency income (eg vendors caps are limited by set amount of time).

The idea would be to make the simple process of selling your junk to get caps less of a boring task (or less of a timesink if you prefer), by having the vendors buy everything and having a unlimited amount of caps. Along with good (and fun) ways to spend (a lot) of your caps, with prices being adjusted, etc, to prevent inflation. Less time with inventory management = more fun.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 29, 2016, 05:47:58 pm »

This is ok by me. But each merchant only buys certain kinds of items, what is the purpose of this?

Darkwater in Junktown buys absolutely everything.

Purpouse is plane and simple.

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Barter

Barter is a passive skill that determines the price of items. Your barter skill does not affect the prices of items that merchants specialize in. For example, Dr Jubilee in Shady Sands specializes in Drugs, so buying a Super Stimpak from him will always cost 310 caps, no matter what your skill is.

Second thing is... If you could sell all items to one merchant you would not move your ass from 3 zones (Tent between mine and one town).

It stops beeing confusing if you use Wikipedia

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Merchant_table

And last but not least. New players should explore and learn, Fonline is a harsh mmo in which you need to learn from top to bottom, you need to die to some asshole while bartering in unsecured town, You need to see map for your own, You need to learn how to either defend yourself or avoid fight.
And all those thing makes more sense when You do it while earning caps.

Leoho

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 29, 2016, 06:03:10 pm »
@Awgy

-1 Merchant buying everything is irrelevant when they have limited amount of caps.

-What about the barter wiki page? This does not answer my question.

-You don't move between zones because vendors buy different things, you move because they have limited amount of caps. You would still move if all could buy everything (it would be better at least imo). (Btw I'm already ignoring mines because of wipe, the way mining works is gonna change)

-Yes, it gets easier when you get used to it.

-You can still do all the exploring if you have the incentives (eg, vendor buys at a higher price in unguarded town), it would still be harsh and all, you just dont need to check a spreadsheet.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 29, 2016, 06:12:29 pm »
@Awgy

-1 Merchant buying everything is irrelevant when they have limited amount of caps.

if you say so

-What about the barter wiki page? This does not answer my question.
If every npc would buy all then barter skill would be useless, Barter affects only items that NPC is not specialized in doctors for drugs GR for guns Why would Dr. Jubelee buy your minigun for?.

-You don't move between zones because vendors buy different things, you move because they have limited amount of caps. You would still move if all could buy everything (it would be better at least imo). (Btw I'm already ignoring mines because of wipe, the way mining works is gonna change)
Again not only caps are worth bartering.

-Yes, it gets easier when you get used to it.

What better way to get used to it than go and find out on your own?

-You can still do all the exploring if you have the incentives (eg, vendor buys at a higher price in unguarded town), it would still be harsh and all, you just dont need to check a spreadsheet.

New players are scared as hell they will not travel to unsecured locations if they don't need to #PlayersOutOfTents
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:14:41 pm by Awgy »

Drahzar

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 12, 2016, 10:05:09 pm »
Do Bonus Ranged Damage, More Ranged Damage, etc. affect energy weapons?... Because in the wiki it says something about bullets - and energy weapons don't shoot bullets^^...

But in the wiki BRD is also a related skill to EW...

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 12, 2016, 10:09:43 pm »
Do Bonus Ranged Damage, More Ranged Damage, etc. affect energy weapons?
yes they do affect them

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 12, 2016, 10:48:30 pm »
Do Bonus Ranged Damage, More Ranged Damage, etc. affect energy weapons?
yes they do affect them
wait rly? o.0

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:14 pm »
wait rly? o.0
yes, it works for all guns

Code: [Select]
    if(weaponSubtype == WS_GUN)
        attack.BonusDmg += cr.Perk[PE_BONUS_RANGED_DAMAGE] * 2 + cr.Perk[PE_MORE_RANGED_DAMAGE] * 3;

but its not worth to take for EW anyways so it doesnt matter