April 28, 2024, 09:12:24 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: General Questions / Answers  (Read 410779 times)

borkolok

• View Profile
Re: General Questions / Answers
« Reply #1035 on: February 03, 2016, 09:15:50 pm »
ok, thx a lot.

Agent M

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 04, 2016, 03:04:35 pm »
I got a little carried away when I was writing this guide and forgot that we were talking about private mines. I wrote this guide for public mines, so there are parts which private mine owners can skip.

An easy way to safely transport large amouts of resources from mines and crafting lots of stuff:
1. Set up a base or a safe house right next to the mine. A tent camp will do too, but you might want to have at least a primitive workbench at your disposal. This place will serve as a safe place for crafting and storing your stuff. You can also park your car here safely.
2. Never bring a car to a public location, there is a risk of it getting stolen.
3. Instead, bring a brahmin with you to the mine and let it carry all the resources you / your slaves have mined. Works best in safe mines, where there is low risk of your brahmin getting killed. If you go to an unprotected mine, make sure you look after your brahmin. If I remember correctly, slaves have limited carry weight, so they are not as efficient as brahmins when it comes to transporting large amounts of stuff.
4. Use the brahmin to transport the stuff to a base / tent that is close by. Never travel long distances on the worldmap with a loaded brahmin, they die easily and you'll lose the resources. It is best to tell your brahmin to stay close and run away from all encounters.
5. You can tell your brahmin to drop all stuff via dialogue. This is especially useful if it is standing right next to a workbench.
6. You can pick up all items from a hex you are standing on by using the shortcut CTRL + G, so pick up all the gazillion ores and minerals and start crafting. Sure you can't move because you are so seriously overweight, but it doesn't matter if you are already standing next to a workbench. This eliminates the need to constantly grab more resources from the brahmin during crafting.
7. In case you need to, you can drop all items from your inventory using the shortcut CTRL + D
8. You can alternatively load the materials into a car and then haul them to another place. Just do as above, tell your brahmin to drop all items next to a car, pick them up and then put them in the trunk.
9. Drive to another location and bring the brahmin with you in order to move the resources from the trunk to a container or a workbench.
10. Never bring a heavily loaded brahmin to an unguarded town.

As you see, this method eliminates a big part of walking back and forth when mining and crafting and allows you to have lots of resources in your inventory when you begin crafting.

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 04, 2016, 07:26:43 pm »
what I do now is go in the mine,
pick up my carry weight, click to exit mine > alt tab > minutes later tab back in > walk to bench > tab out again > I'm at the bench and I craft metal parts/alloys etc(they are much lighter than raw mats) > put them down a hex away (repeat a couple more times), then I go to the car to put all components in the trunk.

I was hoping there was a way to pick up 7k weight and put it on the brahmin in one go, so I don't do 40 trips. for me, my method is much less annoying then picking up > talking to brahmin x 40.

I transport my stuff with a lvl 10 driver alt, he's got 3 companions who should kill any forced encounter fast + they will take aggro so I can get back in the car. I'm paranoid like that.

Agent M

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 04, 2016, 08:41:28 pm »
You can pick up 7k weight, but only if all the stuff is on the ground in one hex.

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 04, 2016, 09:30:53 pm »
yeah, but can I put the whole 7k at once on the brahmin?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 04, 2016, 09:48:55 pm »
yeah, but can I put the whole 7k at once on the brahmin?

Yes, just open your dialog mode with Brahmin. Choose barter and move all of your iron/minerals to transfer window and click on barter. Done.
GUN FOR HIRE

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 05, 2016, 12:50:56 am »
I don't know what was going on, but I just couldn't put more than my carry weight on the brahmin... now it works. maybe because the brahmin is brand new, the other one was passed around LOL. thx for your replies, I would have given up on trying to put shit on brahmin.

Goodtvus

• View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 08, 2016, 03:21:44 am »
If you forget a password to one of your accounts is there any way to retrieve it?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 08, 2016, 04:01:21 am »
If you forget a password to one of your accounts is there any way to retrieve it?
There might be a way to "reset" the password. But dunno, gotta ask kilgore.

Goodtvus

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 09, 2016, 01:41:18 am »
It's all good now,

Jameston260

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 15, 2016, 11:55:14 pm »
I want to get out of this gang with another guy but he hasn't been on for 2 weeks and i don't have the location of the base on my map.  Is there a way to drop the gang without the base computer or am i screwed?  :facepalm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 16, 2016, 03:54:51 am »
I want to get out of this gang with another guy but he hasn't been on for 2 weeks and i don't have the location of the base on my map.  Is there a way to drop the gang without the base computer or am i screwed?  :facepalm

You're fugged. I remember asking Kilgore to implement a drop faction command so hopefully he does that :V
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:21:02 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

zeusie

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 16, 2016, 01:52:02 pm »

Reroll.

borkolok

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 16, 2016, 04:07:36 pm »
I got kicked out of caravan, is there no way to get back in ?

I am assuming an encounter is happening, so why can't I find it on WM?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 16, 2016, 04:29:30 pm »
Depends on your luck (not the in-game one) and how much time caravan will spend in enco. For example you have around 10-15 secs when they meet non-hostile NPCs like Hub Patrol or scavengers, around 30 sec when encounter rats (they will kill those fast) and if you are lucky enough they will fight for longer time some Melchior's Pets, Robots or Endless Walkers. That's all.  8)
GUN FOR HIRE