April 28, 2024, 11:45:25 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: General Questions / Answers  (Read 410838 times)

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
Re: General Questions / Answers
« Reply #780 on: April 08, 2015, 04:29:44 pm »
Hi there. I have some questions about game mechanics that I couldn't solve by trial and error or searching on internet. I apologize in advanced if I'm not expressing correctly. Here they go:

1. What is the outdoorsman skill used when you are travelling in group? The leader's outdoorsman skill, some kind of average made by all group skill or the average number of lesser outdoorsman skill and higher outdoorsman skill from group members?

2. What is the influence in numbers according to the type of terrain you are crossing? You have less outdoorsman skill when travelling in mountains, city ruins or desert or it only affects to movement speed?

3. About outdoorsman again, it affects in some way to the chance to be found or to find someone in a random encounter? Affects the chance to find an abandoned car?

4. How does barter skill and reputation affects in numbers to the base price of an object when you are buying or selling it? Does reputation number affect or it's only the reputation status (liked, hated, accepted, ... ) the one who affect?

5. When someone steals you, can you hit him inside a guarded city? Even if you don't see any message in your log but you see how your items in the inventory are going away.

6. Does the random formula works fine in Fallout scripts? I've noticed that many fails and criticals come many times together, even if your chance is 95%. For example, with 95% hit chance, failing 3 or 4 consecutive times and then score 3 or 4 consecutive criticals. I remember to have the same perception in the old Fallout 1 and 2 too.

7. How critical chance affects to a burst attack? It's calculated in every bullet or it increases the number of the total damage previously calculated? I think it's the second option, but I can't be sure.

Thanks in advanced.

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 08, 2015, 05:15:29 pm »
I. The leader's skill.
II. Certain terrain affects your speed, Outdoorsman skill and some perks decrease the penalty.
III. Affects chance to be forced into an encounter. More Outdoorsman = more possibilities of choice.
IV. Still got no need to make a trader/speecher character. Sorry, I can't answer.
5. You can't shoot him anyway. Guards will kill you if you just try [miss = still attacking]. If he fails - Guards from the city will go for you, wherever you are. Kinda weird when they hear you stealing in a toilet, but at least justice's here.
BUT if he succeeds - You still can't do it. Guards will punish you for trying to kill him [even as revenge]. You either have to be careful or just never carry much in crowded cities [New Reno, Hub, Broken Hills, NCR].
6. Dunno, also happens to me to have a fail series, even with high luck.
7. Each bullet has its' individual chance of scoring a critical hit.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 08, 2015, 06:14:22 pm »
In a party the person with highest outdoors skill is used. It will say you warned the party leader about an encounter.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 08, 2015, 11:27:58 pm »

Hi there. I have some questions about game mechanics that I couldn't solve by trial and error or searching on internet. I apologize in advanced if I'm not expressing correctly. Here they go:

1. What is the outdoorsman skill used when you are travelling in group? The leader's outdoorsman skill, some kind of average made by all group skill or the average number of lesser outdoorsman skill and higher outdoorsman skill from group members?
Highest member decides the % used. So X friend has 300 outdoors. Your party travels with 300%.

2. What is the influence in numbers according to the type of terrain you are crossing? You have less outdoorsman skill when travelling in mountains, city ruins or desert or it only affects to movement speed?
Simply affects travel speed, I believe

3. About outdoorsman again, it affects in some way to the chance to be found or to find someone in a random encounter? Affects the chance to find an abandoned car?
Everything is random or situational. If X player is at X spot you have a chance of bumping into each other. Higher outdoors allows you to find them first

4. How does barter skill and reputation affects in numbers to the base price of an object when you are buying or selling it? Does reputation number affect or it's only the reputation status (liked, hated, accepted, ... ) the one who affect?
Higher barter + rep in town increase prices

5. When someone steals you, can you hit him inside a guarded city? Even if you don't see any message in your log but you see how your items in the inventory are going away.
If someone does steal something from you, and the guards do nothing. You are free to kill that player in town until they've died once. I believe... If X player steals from you, but runs off, and dies. You can't kill them again... Unless you can, but once, since they're guilty of stealing from you and you didn't deal punishment

6. Does the random formula works fine in Fallout scripts? I've noticed that many fails and criticals come many times together, even if your chance is 95%. For example, with 95% hit chance, failing 3 or 4 consecutive times and then score 3 or 4 consecutive criticals. I remember to have the same perception in the old Fallout 1 and 2 too.
Nothing is perfect. You can still critical fail, it's just rare. Hence why 95% instead of 100%

7. How critical chance affects to a burst attack? It's calculated in every bullet or it increases the number of the total damage previously calculated? I think it's the second option, but I can't be sure.
Every bullet makes a check. If your weapon fires more bullets than X gun, then that gun will do more critical damage. P90 can do like 300 damage a hit easily.

Thanks in advanced.

I might be wrong.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 08, 2015, 11:54:26 pm »
1. The member in your party that have highest outdorsman will count. Travel speed is the one of the leader.

2.No clues

3.I believe you encounter someone if he is already in an encounter not in worldmap. Exemple: RoleplayerA is farming radtoads in turnbased, RoleplayerB goes nearby and has a chance to encounter him. If both players travel in the same square nothing happen i believe.

4.No ideas

5.You cannot shoot anybody unless he has negative reputation in a guarded city ( HUB, JUnktown, San fransisco, Gunrunners, Adytum and maybe some others) or guards will automatically shoot you

6.Critical fails and hits seems to happen very randomly, critical failures happen mostly with bad luck but in chains well its just pure randomness. I know you have a hidden bonus depending on your chances to hit that is added to your general critical chances.

7.Each bullet have a chance to crit but a certain amount have to crit for the engine to make a roll and the whole burst counts as critical.
Thats how you get those 300 dmg burst ( damage X1.5 according to the critical table ) and 90-120 normal. Im pretty sure the whole burst is counted as critical not each bullets.
If you have the power to change this it would be cool i prefer fo2 system where each bullet that crits get its own roll and its specified in the log.
The critical hit table need a serious change corosive especially for the torso where we have X1.5 damage immedialty, it should be progressive like this:
roll 0-20    dmg 1.25
roll 20-40   dmg 1.5
and so on.. and of course no ko on torso.

Here is current crit table for you to check out:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:43:42 am by Lou Ferigno »

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 09, 2015, 01:14:13 am »
Many thanks to all for the answers. About criticals...

Thats how you get those 300 dmg burst ( damage X3 according to the critical table wich is retarded) and 90-120 normal. Im pretty sure the whole burst is counted as critical not each bullets.
If you have the power to change this it would be cool i prefer fo2 system where each bullet that crits get its own roll and its specified in the log. The critical hit table need a serious change corosive especially for the torso where we have X1.5 damage immedialty, it should be progressive like this:

...burst is an unaimed attack, so its bullets can't score x3 dmg according to the table. And aiming torso have at least a x3 dmg increase not a x1.5. It's the critical table right?

About stealing, i think that I'll grind a stealer to try it... yes, only to try it ;D

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 09, 2015, 05:43:12 am »
Many thanks to all for the answers. About criticals...
...burst is an unaimed attack, so its bullets can't score x3 dmg according to the table. And aiming torso have at least a x3 dmg increase not a x1.5. It's the critical table right?

About stealing, i think that I'll grind a stealer to try it... yes, only to try it ;D

Yes my bad youre right  ;) its 1.5

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 09, 2015, 02:56:55 pm »
7.Each bullet have a chance to crit but a certain amount have to crit for the engine to make a roll and the whole burst counts as critical.
Thats how you get those 300 dmg burst ( damage X1.5 according to the critical table ) and 90-120 normal. Im pretty sure the whole burst is counted as critical not each bullets.
If you have the power to change this it would be cool i prefer fo2 system where each bullet that crits get its own roll and its specified in the log.
The critical hit table need a serious change corosive especially for the torso where we have X1.5 damage immedialty, it should be progressive like this:
roll 0-20    dmg 1.25
roll 20-40   dmg 1.5
and so on.. and of course no ko on torso.

Not quite exactly, I asked mojuk not that long ago about bursting mechanics and that's what he explained to me:
First, the burst get a crit chance roll. If that crit chance roll succeds, 80% of hitting bullets will be automatically be upgraded to critical hit, and a single crit power roll will apply to all the bullets, wich is x1,5 damage or x2 KD/KD (that's why better criticals can help for bursting). The remaining 20% bullets still have a chance to score a critical hit, with the damage multiplier rolled in crit power. Log will display "critically hit".
If the crit chance roll fails, then each bullet has a chance to score critical, but the damage will only be x1,5 and don't expect any effects. Also no more than 70% of the burst will be critical. If, by some extreme luck, you would score more than 70% critical hits, then whats above 70% will be downgraded to normal non critical hit. The log won't display "critically hit", even if more than half the bullets score crit.

Thats why you can have critical bursts that deal around twice the average damage, even more if you have lucky damage rolls. And also KD and KO effect that aren't rolled, but automatic. Only protection against such KD/KO are stonewall and man of steel. Stonewall will reduce KD chance by 90% and KO chance by 50% and man of steel decreases the critpower mod just enough to make it impossible to a burster with better critical to score a KO with a regular weapon, if you wear at least a combat armor.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 11, 2015, 09:12:29 am »

So i tested this

Tested with a p90 on two separate character one with 3% the other with 25% crit chances.

3%  crit char
Spoiler: show
• AvengerIsCool was hit for 46 hit points.
11:32:51 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 50 hit points.
11:32:54 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 60 hit points.
11:32:58 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 60 hit points.
11:33:25 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 50 hit points.
11:33:26 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 56 hit points.
11:33:30 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 57 hit points.
11:33:40 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 34 hit points.
11:33:44 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 53 hit points.
11:33:47 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 48 hit points.
11:33:50 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 52 hit points.
11:33:53 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 50 hit points.
11:34:04 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 54 hit points.
11:34:05 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 52 hit points.
11:34:09 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 61 hit points.
11:34:17 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 49 hit points.
11:34:21 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 61 hit points.
11:34:25 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 60 hit points.
11:34:32 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 56 hit points.
11:34:33 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 21 hit points.
11:34:43 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 56 hit points.
11:34:45 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 65 hit points.
11:34:48 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 57 hit points.
11:34:52 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 59 hit points.
11:35:06 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 35 hit points.
11:35:07 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 55 hit points.
11:35:11 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 57 hit points.
11:35:14 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 47 hit points.

Average of 52.17

25% crit char

Spoiler: show

11:36:10 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 72 hit points.
11:36:13 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 59 hit points.
11:36:23 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 52 hit points.
11:36:24 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 55 hit points.
11:36:32 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 59 hit points.
11:36:40 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 61 hit points.
11:36:41 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 68 hit points.
11:36:47 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 67 hit points.
11:37:02 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 59 hit points.
11:37:03 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 57 hit points.
11:37:08 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 50 hit points.
11:37:15 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 66 hit points.
11:37:17 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 55 hit points.
11:37:19 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 20 hit points.
11:37:28 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 51 hit points.
11:37:29 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 62 hit points.
11:37:32 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 40 hit points.
11:37:48 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 65 hit points.
11:37:52 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 54 hit points.
11:38:03 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 55 hit points.
11:38:11 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 42 hit points.
11:38:15 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 46 hit points.
11:38:23 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 78 hit points.
11:38:24 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 58 hit points.
11:38:27 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 66 hit points.
11:38:43 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 53 hit points.
11:38:44 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 58 hit points.
11:39:02 • AvengerIsCool was hit for 73 hit points.

Average 57.17 damage

So apparently you were right le troll there is a slight better damage with crit character so apparently each bullet got a chance to crit and do more damage.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:56:39 am by Johnny »

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 12, 2015, 02:25:19 am »
After I'll set up my tent in this zone, will it stay there? I mean, after the setting up process, will this house be in my tent location?

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 12, 2015, 02:51:36 am »
After I'll set up my tent in this zone, will it stay there? I mean, after the setting up process, will this house be in my tent location?

Nope, there's only a few hard coded tent maps.

Near water. Ruined Buildings. Desert.

Iria

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:17 am »
The question I am in special enc. Ruined Military Bunker and I got to the bunker, I'm at computers near the reactors and "talked" to have one of them and wrote me in green, as I click on it again - all working fine, I understand that no generator. 2 works, but as I approach the elevator to return to the lower levels, it says that I still have the elevator doors are without power, some ideas of what to do next or how to make it work?
Iria Rusty 108 > Sniper/Crippler
Emm Rusty 48 > Tank
Pasta Man 18 > Digger

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 24, 2015, 10:08:06 am »
The question I am in special enc. Ruined Military Bunker and I got to the bunker, I'm at computers near the reactors and "talked" to have one of them and wrote me in green, as I click on it again - all working fine, I understand that no generator. 2 works, but as I approach the elevator to return to the lower levels, it says that I still have the elevator doors are without power, some ideas of what to do next or how to make it work?

triqua made a vid about that

Leim

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 26, 2015, 06:05:38 am »
I've decided to maybe try this again after the wipe, but one thing that put me off was that: When running, I would sometimes walk.
Is there a fix to this?

Don't hold shift when clicking

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 26, 2015, 06:13:55 am »
I've decided to maybe try this again after the wipe, but one thing that put me off was that: When running, I would sometimes walk.
Is there a fix to this?

In Fonline folder you have a CFG file called "Fonline", open it with notepad and copy paste this line at the end of it.
DoubleClickTime = 1