April 28, 2024, 08:32:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: General Questions / Answers  (Read 410756 times)

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Re: General Questions / Answers
« Reply #690 on: October 21, 2014, 08:20:12 am »
Are You sure that it is d2dx9_94.dll ?
There is no such file. Chceck which file You are missing i think is is some .dll which can be easly found in google.

Cjpk

• "Cjpk" /ingame, Cjpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 21, 2014, 07:28:48 pm »
To Docan, Iam very positive it says "d2dx9_94.dll  was not found" and then it'd follow up saying to reinstall it
I like long walks on the beach and chilling with my waifus, and i like my frendz ehg blax n bur.

Strike

« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2014, 08:16:35 pm »
To Docan, Iam very positive it says "d2dx9_94.dll  was not found" and then it'd follow up saying to reinstall it

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
« Reply #693 on: November 18, 2014, 02:21:26 pm »
I just got to the tobacco farm, and picked 60 leaves, plenty enough picking for the machine to be done with anything it was doing, but it says the machine is still working. Is this a bug or what? Nobody else is here.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Strike

« Reply #694 on: November 18, 2014, 02:30:41 pm »
I just got to the tobacco farm, and picked 60 leaves, plenty enough picking for the machine to be done with anything it was doing, but it says the machine is still working. Is this a bug or what? Nobody else is here.

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=5634.0

Map need to be restarted by administrator. And before that, you could try again later.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:43:36 pm by Strike »

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 18, 2014, 02:34:07 pm »

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=5634.0

Map need to be restarted. And before that, you could try later again.
Alright, thanks. I asked here because I was sure it was already in bugs somewhere and I just couldn't find it haha.
I'll just log off the char here and try again every few hours.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Cjpk

• "Cjpk" /ingame, Cjpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 05, 2014, 01:50:45 am »
Was wondering if any of the admins could give a supermutant skin to one of my alt accounts named, Wrex.    and i belive the number for it is 120, if any of the admins would mind helping me id be willing to barter or trade whatever i got for it. would be very much obliged thank you!
I like long walks on the beach and chilling with my waifus, and i like my frendz ehg blax n bur.

StudMuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 05, 2014, 09:19:30 pm »
xD ^

Cjpk

• "Cjpk" /ingame, Cjpk
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 09, 2014, 09:36:36 pm »
How do i change my password exactly?

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 09, 2014, 11:31:34 pm »
How do i change my password exactly?
"~changepassword [old password] [new password]
Changes current character password. Use * instead of space."
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Commands

CrimsonDeity

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 12, 2014, 09:32:48 pm »
decided to post this here rather than create a new thread, if in the wrong place let me know

i'd like to make a build that is long range ("sniper" so to speak) that creates traps around him if people come in for closer combat. if someone could take the time to help me create a starting build and advice on what to spec after that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 13, 2014, 02:59:54 am »
When people ask for builds, this community usually includes drugs as part of the answer. Then we wonder...energy sniper? SG sniper? BG sniper? For PvP and Town Control? PvE against Enclave? Or geckos? How serious do you want this thing? Can future implants be part of the plan? How high are you willing to level? Is there a particular weapon you plan to use? Do you want to do mostly eye shots? (and tons more questions)

And do you know about the online planner?

CrimsonDeity

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 13, 2014, 03:13:55 am »
When people ask for builds, this community usually includes drugs as part of the answer. Then we wonder...energy sniper? SG sniper? BG sniper? For PvP and Town Control? PvE against Enclave? Or geckos? How serious do you want this thing? Can future implants be part of the plan? How high are you willing to level? Is there a particular weapon you plan to use? Do you want to do mostly eye shots? (and tons more questions)

And do you know about the online planner?

i assume drugs are a troll, but other than that, i was recently informed that the only traps that are available are uncraftable, which more or less kind of destroys what i wanted out of this potential build. i've already downloaded the build creator and have been fiddling with it a bit, but to be honest i picked up fallout 1/2/tactics when they went free on gog.com a while ago and havn't really done much with them/haven't played any fallout games before, so i'm pretty much entirely in the dark here. i'm making my way through the "recommended reading," but im sure i'll have to get some failures under my belt before i can make a "real" character.

at any rate, once finals get through where i am i'll be spending a lot of time in IRC trying to nail some things down.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 13, 2014, 04:52:02 am »
decided to post this here rather than create a new thread, if in the wrong place let me know

i'd like to make a build that is long range ("sniper" so to speak) that creates traps around him if people come in for closer combat. if someone could take the time to help me create a starting build and advice on what to spec after that, it would be greatly appreciated.
I suggest to try ashes of phoenix if you want to make a build like that. reloaded....not so much.

i assume drugs are a troll, but other than that, i was recently informed that the only traps that are available are uncraftable, which more or less kind of destroys what i wanted out of this potential build. i've already downloaded the build creator and have been fiddling with it a bit, but to be honest i picked up fallout 1/2/tactics when they went free on gog.com a while ago and havn't really done much with them/haven't played any fallout games before, so i'm pretty much entirely in the dark here. i'm making my way through the "recommended reading," but im sure i'll have to get some failures under my belt before i can make a "real" character.

at any rate, once finals get through where i am i'll be spending a lot of time in IRC trying to nail some things down.
Theres many sniper classes that people can choose from, every PvP build has at least 4 or less intelligence.

Might wanna aim for 10 luck, 1 strength (yes 1 ST even though you don't meet requirements for weapon).

I suggest

Drugs : buffout, Nuka, cigs, jet

By lvl 24 : 203% small guns, 241 HP, max view range with cigs,

S - 1
P - 9 (10 with cigarettes)
E - 10
C -  1
I -  2
A - 8
L -  10

Traits : small frame, chem reliant (if you want chem)

Perks in order : LVL 4 - More crits//// LVL 7 - Even more Crits //// LVL 11 - Sharpshooter //// LVL 12 - Lifegiver /// LVL 16 - Better Criticals ///  LVL 18 Bonus rate of fire /// LVL 21 - Lifegiver again /// LVL 24 - you can choose from Lifegiver, action boy, weapon handling, or right between the eyes

of course people have different builds and opinions on what snipers should have.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:53:36 am by bananaman »
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 13, 2014, 06:56:24 am »
* The online planner has a Calculator, which is much more important when planning a sniper.

* I recommend meeting Brother Martin at Hub main gate, and reading his holotapes, though few are about builds.

* Drugs are an essential part of serious combat in this game. Not troll. Every build is part of a combat math formula and drugs improve your part of that formula. It's all about math. Without drugs, your math is weaker. The enemy uses drugs, so if you don't then you're already at a serious disadvantage.

* Explosives might be your answer on craftable traps. C4 is a lot of fun. Also you can find useable landmines in random lockers, using a lockpick blueprint hunter.

* bananaman is right about STrength 1: regardless of the ST requirements of your guns, ST 1 is common for all fighters. We compensate for low ST by leveling higher and getting gun skill up to maybe 300. The only serious fighters i see getting ST over 1 are the ones who want certain perks like Adrenaline Rush or Stonewall and these are very popular since tanks are the most popular fighters in the game. Of course, low ST also means more chance to drop weapon, i think.

* I never use Weapon Handling. Again, higher gun skill is the way to compensate for low ST.

ST 1 for long range fighters
PE 9 for almost all fighters (except melee PE 1) and use motion sensor whenever you can
EN 10 on all characters
CH 1 on all
IN (see below)
AG 9 and hope to get AG implant (but see below)
LK 9 for snipers and hope to get Luck implant

IN 1 is good enough for all non-crit builds as far as i see. IN 2 is good enough for nearly every single sniper or crit build. Higher IN for weird builds like combination crit+BRD burster.

AG 8 is popular with gangs that get implants. You get AG 9 with implant, and use Nuka Cola for AG 10 (you drink soda, right?). I recommend AG 9 though and use Nuka Cola for AG 10 and hope to get AG implant so you can use Buffout/Nuka Cola for AG 10 and boosted ST.

Lately, i do Small Frame + Bonehead on all fighters. (If i took Bonehead on above stats, i would make AG 8.

He listed good sniper perks, but like he said we each do things differently. I for example prefer to get Even Tougher at level 9, even on a sniper. Better Crits at 12. Right Between the Eyes at 15 (but only if you plan to focus mainly on eye shots), Sharpshooter at 21, and level 24 perk is (see below).

Level 24 Perk
Your call. Action Boy is a safe choice. Your AP will recharge faster in RT mode, the more AP you have. Quick Recovery is very important for negating incoming knockdowns. Silent Running if this sniper is also a Sneak (tons-o-fun), Man of Steel is great when combined with Bonehead, Tree Trunk Thighs might be one of the overlooked perks, and i have heard of guys messing with Hit the Gaps too, even for non-melee fighters. Your level 24 perk could also be a Lifegiver especially if you already got a Lifegiver instead of Right Between the Eyes.

Sniper Drugs
Though many do not, you can use Psycho for +1 ST (use cigs though too!). This works okay especially once you have Sharpshooter, and even better with a PE implant. Watch the numbers when using the planner: it's best to have Sight just beyond your weapon's range and you can usually do this even on Psycho (+15% DR!). (Snipers typically never drink beer on the job.) Nuka Cola, either with Buffout at lower levels or without Buffout with high gun skill (like 270). Jet has also been known to be standard for snipers.

Things to Avoid
Bruiser Trait ever, Fast Shot Trait is bad for snipers, Skilled Trait ever, Fast Metabolism Trait because you use drugs twice as much, Weapon Handling Perk, Gambler lol, players lol. Don't tag Doctor - just get it to 100. I also no longer use the Chem Reliant Trait since i always manage to build a large stash of drugs (with some crafting and barter work). Don't bother tagging Repair or Science, even for a crafter since skill books help so much and you only need those skills to 120 max.

Good Tags
Tag FA maybe and plan to max it at 200. Tag OD and get it to 150+ and get the fast-travel support perks (Explorer and Pathfinder).

Finesse
And last but not least, this thing deserves its own section lol. You would think, from reading its description, that this Trait would be AWESOME for a sniper. It can be, but don't expect to do much damage. Great for cripplers though, but if you want to kill stuff faster, especially when solo, avoid it.

Now let the criticisms ensue...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:52:26 pm by Henry »