April 28, 2024, 07:02:07 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: General Questions / Answers  (Read 410710 times)

Lord of Time

• You must be the Change u wish to see in the World
    • View Profile
Re: General Questions / Answers
« Reply #570 on: February 17, 2014, 07:59:11 pm »
So I started to play everything seems to be ok and as a fan of F1-2 I'm taking my hat off for you guys who made this happen. But what I miss is some main story/quest line. Did I miss it or there isn't any ? I started near HUB.

Tommy Lee

• To be or not to be
    • View Profile
    • Another Crappy Interlude Server - L2 Interlude
« Reply #571 on: February 17, 2014, 08:19:32 pm »
Don't forget that you're just a waste from the wastes, not the Vault Dweller nor Chosen One (Nor Lone wanderer, Courier blah blah blah)
Let'z c.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 17, 2014, 09:25:37 pm »
So I started to play everything seems to be ok and as a fan of F1-2 I'm taking my hat off for you guys who made this happen. But what I miss is some main story/quest line. Did I miss it or there isn't any ? I started near HUB.

Welcome to the game! No, there is no quest-based storyline. There are some quests, and some have unique locations on the map, but the reality is this is not "Fallout 2 Online". The story here is what you make it. Though the game maintains PvE encounters, it is primarily a PvP environment, so the story, if i may suggest one, defaults to this:

"I have to work hard, build my own safe network, amass the best gear i can find or craft, figure out the best ways to survive all my fights including against other players, hopefully find a good team, and look forward to the more premium features here like Town Control."

Working Hard
Either farm gear the fun way, or mine/craft resources to craft stuff fresh. Build tents, houses, bases all over the map, add lockers where necessary, start selling items and get into the economy to make caps, build a stash of combat drugs (because you will certainly need them), etc.

Best Ways to Survive
You need builds! Strong PvP fighter builds are what you're up against in PvP so your characters need to be planned in advanced for optimal performance. It is highly competitive. Use a planner tool to design them with perfection. You also need tons of practice. Years of honed strategy and combat methods is what you're up against in PvP. Hinkley is a great place to start. Good communication is mandatory. Many players meet in irc, but voice chat is a must in PvP, so try the game's hosted TeamSpeak server. (Check wiki for irc info).

Good Team
This is according to how you define good. Do they help you? Do they stay cool in combat or do they have anger issues? You can try starting your own but that is being done a lot already so maybe it's best to find one you like.

Now beyond this, we could use a ton more PvE content and more Fallout 2ish quest-lines in the game, but the devs already have a lot to do, so don't expect these soon. However, any player can download the dev tools to do this, including the mapper and the dialogue editor. There's a learning curve and even then it is slow, but you can contribute this way and people might love you for it.

Just whatever you do, don't quit. Get back up, tank your losses, and keep fighting.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:28:26 pm by Henry »

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 18, 2014, 05:34:58 pm »
Hi!

Anybody know if there is any difrences betwen swing attack or trusting? I do not need people what they think this work i need exact mechanic info about this!

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 20, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »
Anybody know if there is any difrences betwen swing attack or trusting?
An animation! :)) Guess no one knows, but that's an interesting question.

Interface.
I've seen people having a darkened area outside the FOV. How to do it? Where to find an exact line of code or where to put it/graphic file?

Kaaon

« Reply #575 on: February 20, 2014, 10:37:04 pm »
Interface.
I've seen people having a darkened area outside the FOV. How to do it? Where to find an exact line of code or where to put it/graphic file?
forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=2741

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 20, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »
Thanks! I've been looking for it in Tools and Modifications section.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 22, 2014, 09:44:16 pm »
Do medic kits (doctor and FA) raise your skill over 200?

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 24, 2014, 11:28:51 am »
Do medic kits (doctor and FA) raise your skill over 200?

I think it doesnt... I didnt notice any bonus while using them.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 24, 2014, 11:56:00 am »
Lol Furior, is seams there is something wrong going on with you :P
:facepalm

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 24, 2014, 11:57:13 am »
I missclick, I wanted to modified the post but clicked on quote. And... Im too lazy to go back and do it again.

The Account

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 01, 2014, 03:11:25 pm »
The other day, before I went to the Glow I forgot to give my companions Rad-X, so they had some great amounts of RAD built up in their system.

My question is: Is there any other way to cure them besides shooting up their bloodstream with a 50-100 doses of Rad-Away?

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:41 am »
What are the level requirements for finding the new Special Encounter, the one with the random implant? Any minimum or maximum levels like the vertibird SE?

cubik2k

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 09, 2014, 03:40:07 pm »
You need to have min level 24 and Outdoorsman skill>25%

Charity

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 09, 2014, 07:16:07 pm »
You need to have min level 24 and Outdoorsman skill>25%
I've found it with lvl 20 fresh char like week or two ago.