April 27, 2024, 06:28:36 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: General Questions / Answers  (Read 410656 times)

Veki

• Hakuna matata
    • View Profile
Re: General Questions / Answers
« Reply #1200 on: September 21, 2016, 10:15:29 pm »
I have suggestion fo new perk
I saw charisma is very disbalance in game(nobody give shit about ch) so i sugest new perk: "Killing beauty" or " beauty can kill"
1. version of perk
Description: for every point of charisma you deal +5 bonus dmg(min  30 - max 50)
don't work with burst( to not get overpower busters)
work on melle( so you can boost up close combats)
requirements: minimum ch6, level 15
2. version of perk
Description: deal +2 and plus your ch score bonus dmg(min  8 - max 12)
work with burst

second perk: Lay on hands(like paladin in Dungeon & Dragons)
Description: your heal have bonus 10hp x ch score(min 60- max 100 bonus heal hp)
requirements: minimum ch6, level 12
what you think about this?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:22:32 pm by Veki »

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: September 24, 2016, 02:46:05 pm »
I have suggestion fo new perk
I saw charisma is very disbalance in game(nobody give shit about ch) so i sugest new perk: "Killing beauty" or " beauty can kill"
1. version of perk
Description: for every point of charisma you deal +5 bonus dmg(min  30 - max 50)
don't work with burst( to not get overpower busters)
2. version of perk
Description: deal +2 and plus your ch score bonus dmg(min  8 - max 12)
work with burst

second perk: Lay on hands(like paladin in Dungeon & Dragons)
Description: your heal have bonus 10hp x ch score(min 60- max 100 bonus heal hp)
requirements: minimum ch6, level 12
what you think about this?

Wrong topic and also no.

Ghost Breath

• Feel that? The chills on your neck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: September 28, 2016, 04:57:39 pm »
First time on this forum, where to start? I have a few questions that might make me less of a scrub when I learn the answers.
First off, how does the mechanics for bursting work? Some tell me it only makes a difference if its 1 hex. like a chance for every single round to hit at point blank. How does it work at 2 hex or 40 hex for that matter? I know its not a chance for all rounds to hit at this point...
Another question, this time about critical hits. On this server is there a critical hit roll on every bullet or just the entire burst?

I want to make a critical burster character because it seems to be the way to go, so I want to learn all I can about it first.

сайга

« Reply #1203 on: September 28, 2016, 05:18:13 pm »
First time on this forum, where to start? I have a few questions that might make me less of a scrub when I learn the answers.
First off, how does the mechanics for bursting work? Some tell me it only makes a difference if its 1 hex. like a chance for every single round to hit at point blank. How does it work at 2 hex or 40 hex for that matter? I know its not a chance for all rounds to hit at this point...
Another question, this time about critical hits. On this server is there a critical hit roll on every bullet or just the entire burst?

I want to make a critical burster character because it seems to be the way to go, so I want to learn all I can about it first.
rangebursting your target will result 1/4 of the bullets you fired hit the target. you will likely do the same damage from 2 hexes distance as you would do from 40, assuming you have enough chance to hit.

when you 1hex someone, all the bullets you fire will hit the target. each of the bullets has its own critical roll.

Well, Le Troll got it mostly right but he mad few small mistakes, here is what I wrote to him:

if burst is critical:
- at least 80% of bullets is automatically converted to critical
- remaining 20% of bullets still got a chance to become critical (crit chance roll for each bullet)
if burst is not critical:
- at most 70% of bullets are critical (crit chance roll for each bullet)
- remaining 30% of bullets are non critical
- if some bullets become critical hits than attack is called partially critical and in log is displayed as normal attack (no info "critically hit")

% values are stored as int so they are rounded down

For message and extra effects like ko/kd only main crit chance roll is checked.
If you succeed in main crit roll or you do burst attack than crit power is rolled.
Every crit bullet usess crit dmg multiplier based on that crit power roll.
Only if main crit chance roll was successful (attack is marked as critical) you can get special effects from crit table and log message "critically hit".
So if main attack is not critical even if you get best possible crit power roll than you only get higher dmg multiplier from that, no ko/kd effects for partial crits.

To sum it up:
1) when you attack there is crit chance roll
2) if you scored critical hit (successful roll @1) or you do burst attack than there is a crit power roll
3) every bullet counted as critical uses same crit power roll made at the beginning (@2)
4) only if you got successful first crit chance roll (@1) you can score extra effects like kd/ko

hehe if that answer is correct then crit burts are worth only for one weapon: avenger. I hope leaders of that project will make it more useable.
No idea where are you getting this from but it's not true.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: September 28, 2016, 07:09:39 pm »
rangebursting your target will result 1/4 of the bullets you fired hit the target.
*1/3

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 29, 2016, 05:02:38 pm »
Is there a line I can add to the namecolorizer to change the name color and contour of random neutral, unaffiliated people? between goodboy and badboy?

MasacruAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 10, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »
i got 5 pe but with drugs 8 pe, can i take Strong Back perk from mutant? Talked to him but i dont get option after using drugs, any idea?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 10, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »
There is no PE requirement for Strong Back. You need Level 6, and you need EN 6.

Nor do i know of a way to boost your PE from 5 to 8 with drugs. You got some good stuff.

MasacruAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 11, 2016, 02:37:53 am »
There is no PE requirement for Strong Back. You need Level 6, and you need EN 6.

Nor do i know of a way to boost your PE from 5 to 8 with drugs. You got some good stuff.

my bad, i was referring to endurance. I got 5 EN and with drugs I boosted it to 8. So it's not possible to get the perk after boosting with drugs?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 11, 2016, 02:51:48 am »
No. Nor does using Mentats to boost Intelligence right before leveling end up giving you any more Skill Points, even though how many SP you get per level-up is driven by your IN. It's driven by base IN, not current IN. Same with EN and perks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:28:03 pm by Henry »

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 13, 2016, 02:43:16 pm »
I'd like to know the code, or the exact mechanic, for first aid, doctor and sneaking, if someone can find it.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 13, 2016, 03:02:21 pm »
I'd like to know the code, or the exact mechanic, for first aid, doctor and sneaking, if someone can find it.
for fa and doctor in season 2 source go to server/scripts/skills.fos - its all about FA, doctor and effects of living anatomy and medic perks
but dont know where to find sneak

Leftover

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 13, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »
some parts of sneak mechanic are in config.fos, some other in many different scripts
to catch them all use notepad++ and search for sneak in script files

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 13, 2016, 05:05:19 pm »
where can I download full code already?

DIGGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 30, 2016, 11:53:42 am »
hey guys. So, me and my brother are waiting to start here after playing Fonline2. I heard that there is wipe coming soon. Is it just a rumour or does wipe really happens this year? We just need an adivice. Can anyone tell us when the wipe is coming? Maybe a bit more accurate than "soon"? Cos we are waiting...