April 20, 2024, 07:41:30 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Re-Roll, New Build, and Some Questions.  (Read 1227 times)

Omgom

• View Profile
Re-Roll, New Build, and Some Questions.
« on: October 29, 2017, 09:32:00 pm »
I have a character at level 60, close to a million caps, and the resources to make a DIY base. Was thinking it'd be a good time to re-roll for more combat oriented build that doesn't have 1 perception. I've been using the Assault Rifle and been enjoying the 60 clip size bursting, but wondering if there are any better suggestions.

So a few questions. I read everything for re-rolling. So I should make the base, clear out my camps, get another character into my new faction, make them leader, transfer my companions, then re-roll in the base, so the book is there? All the camps I made will disappear, but the base should remain intact?

What happens if the new character levels up before reading the book?

Are there are any better or different PvE builds around? Should I be making them with plans for getting implants, or just make them, then when I get the implants I need, do another re-roll? I assume I have to get those bonuses like the +5 poison from the tutorial and the Boneyard +10% to weapon skills again, before spending skill points.

Also, what's the best way for gearing companions going forward? Or would that depend on the build? I've just been giving them snipers, so they can sit back and snipe.

Any and all feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Re-Roll, New Build, and Some Questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:54:16 am »
1. base is best option you can go for, so yeah, as you said... make an alt, make him a leader and perform reroll action in there with your main.

2. if you level up (even a single level) before using achievement book you won't be able to use it anymore. If you level up in the meantime so you do not fully use achievement book, you again, won't be able to use it anymore.

3. this is up to you, - there are better and worse builds, it's always up to preference and how noobish the player who does that is. I personally chose to go with build fully dedicated to PvP (at the time we had some), but I would (and everyone would) reroll after obtaining implants anyway. The reason is simple - the implant you should start your char off with is INTELLIGENCE implant and you take it right after you hit lvl 30, so if you have let's say 100 lvl achievement book and reroll with int 1 after taking bonehead and going full PvP you get int 2 at level 30 which will grant you 140 additional skill points in total after you fully use the book.

4. check their stats, but since they are weak fucks I prefer to equip them with laser/sniper rifles and keep them far away from rats.

The Almighty Gaylords

Omgom

• View Profile
Re: Re-Roll, New Build, and Some Questions.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:51 am »
Okay, perfect. I will make the base and get that set up. I plan to roll with a new name, so I can get that character made and in there as the leader.

Okay. Gotcha. So I just need to be careful, as I will have to get a bit of XP to get that +5 poison resistance. Then I just need to be careful and with a little bit of luck, snag that Boneyard bonus and get to the base without leveling up. I assume gaining XP doesn't matter, it's only levels?

I have an alt that is a gunslinger. I do like the bust nature of the assault rifle. I could always go for a big guns build, with the minigun or other burst guns. Just not too sure on what's viable for some of the tougher PvE content. I haven't delved too deep into that.

I've been trying to level them up a bit so their health isn't trash. I've been trying to find ones with stats that are 7+ for most. I try to get 10 Agility and Endurance. Then have Perception and Luck 8+. I have two that are solid, but the third one I got only has 9 agility, but I figure one action point isn't that big of a deal right now. Give them a pistol, they can still shoot twice.

Thanks for the info.